NEurope
gaggle64

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen

Doesn't the thing have accelerometers and the such and is basically a WM+?

^ that's what I just said! :p

I was saying my thoughts out loud. :heh:

I can understand why we'd need the sensor bar, for tracking. So, it must have one on the back of the Upad, surely? For precision. I'm not sure if the gyroscopes would be precise enough for the tv to detect exactly where they are.

I actually don't know now. Hmm. We need a tech-y guy in here.

haha, yeah that's how it read... like 'wait a minute...' :p

I added to my post I think the gyroscopes/accelerometers are probably enough, but yeah I don't know for sure myself.

What is the difference exactly between an accelerometer and a gyroscope? I think a gyroscope is used for tilting and direction?

As far as I know, accelerometers work in the 3 axis of direction. X, Y and Z. And gyroscopes measure tilts and twists.

Or what Retro said. Mine is just a guess.

As far as I know, accelerometers work in the 3 axis of direction. X, Y and Z. And gyroscopes measure tilts and twists.

Or what Retro said. Mine is just a guess.

Well yours sounded fancier! :p Does anyone know for sure? Edited by Retro_Link

The Wiiremote only has accelerometers right? So did it only measure speed of movement? No wonder everything was just waggle.

You no like AvP2? That first level, where you go into the base and its empty. Shit me up so much.

Also, when you have to go into the hive to rescue your friend, and then escape. I was running at full pace, turning around and trying to shoot those bastards. I was closing some of the doors on the outside, but the aliens were finding ways through.

Its actually one of my favourite all-time levels in any game. Properly shook me up. This one time, I was close to the APC and then died maybe a few feet away. I let out a noooooooooooo. I could see my health was dropping but just ran and ran, hoping to make it. Then...dead.

No no no.... AvP2 was very good but still didn't match the films by a country mile and that is all because of the writing.

And I wasn't a big fan of AvP on HD platforms (recent one by Rebellion and SEGA). It just didn't feel right and did not flow at all. Controls were overly complex and it was a classic case of a game that looked pretty in stills and mediocre in motion.

Animation and movement is a big part of these films and none of it was done well in the latest game.

23308WeAreSneaky_1280-620x.jpg

I really hope the Aliens are at least that difficult to make out. When I first looked at this picture a few days ago it took me a while to realise there were four of them.

Maybe I'm just an idiot...

I really hope the Aliens are at least that difficult to make out. When I first looked at this picture a few days ago it took me a while to realise there were four of them.

I thought I could see five lol!

They're coming out of the walls!

I thought I could see five lol!

They're coming out of the walls!

I was going to say that, actually the longer I look at it the more I can see.

That corridor is everything. That is the Alien series.

I'm ready for this game. Though I kinda hate marines, since the best thing is Ripley/someone stepping up the role of being great, rather being assumed to have that role. Shut up. There's a reason the marines all die at the start of Aliens.

Come on you muthas.

Ripley%20hero%20shot.jpg

First Gameplay/Walkthrough

Great atmosphere!

They do a good job of tricking you with moving scenery etc...

Hot damn. Hope it's gonna look that sexy on PS3/Xbox.
Seeing as that is the PS3/Xbox version, I'd say it's looking likely! :p

Looks so, so good. Can't wait.

Need the Wiiiiuuuuuuu now.

That motion tracker sound is so heavenly.

Motion tracker on the Wii U screen will look really cool!

Though they'd better remove it from the version on your TV, cause having two appearing would feel lazy and cheap.

Yeah, man. It's an awesome OST.

I have to laugh at the whole teaser trailer thing. Me and Joe have a long running joke where we think this will never come out, it seems to be taking forever. Trailers like this don't help...a teaser trailer for a game we've seen a little bit of and know about for some time? Cmaaan.

Just release it already.

That corridor is everything. That is the Alien series.

I'm ready for this game. Though I kinda hate marines, since the best thing is Ripley/someone stepping up the role of being great, rather being assumed to have that role. Shut up. There's a reason the marines all die at the start of Aliens.

Come on you muthas.

Ripley%20hero%20shot.jpg

Yes, the reason the first two Alien movies were great was because of Ripley. The reason Aliens was AWESOME is because of Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton.

But mostly Michael Biehn.

I enjoyed the trailer, but I'm wary - the best Alien game I played was AVP 2 way back in 2001, andi hate the way the movie series went, so I hope this is not going to be another disappointment. I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but I'm always ready to be pleasantly surprised.

Yeessss, homeboy. AvP2 nailed the atmosphere perfectly.

This seems like it was made with a lot of love. I just hope that it doesn't spectacularly blow. What worries me is that the release date just seems to be going further and further back.