N-Europe

Sonic Generations 3DS

Retro_Link

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphics are a lot better than what I was expecting.

Maybe I was expecting too much...

The bit with the totem pole looked nice and seeing that in 3D I'm sure looks nifty but the rest of it... not so much. I'm sure that strange music isn't helping get the vibe across but it definitely looks to be lacking some punch.

The angled bends on the rails looked lazy, and you're right the level looked incredibly empty and oversized for what was actually in it... but hopefully there's still a lot of work to do. Maybe [hopefully] that was more of a tutorial level!

I thought it looked great personally! ::shrug:

I really am hyped for this - so glad they're bringing it to the 3ds and I think it'll look amazing on the console.

This is definitely at the top of my want list - though it does seem like its got a long way to go.

Agree that the level looked very basic indeed though.

Having seen a full play through of the E3 demo, the classic version of GHZ is an exact remake of the Act 1 from the original game instead of a brand new level as seen in the home console editions. Whether that remains the same for all classic levels, I have no idea.

Also worth noting is that Classic Sonic seems to share some gameplay mechanics with his Sonic 4 counterpart - such as rolling off a cliff or jump sees him uncurl from his ball and leave him vulnerable to enemies.

At the end of act 1, in the original, you roll through the two tunnels and get flung into the sky to collect rings and you can bounce off the buzz bomber to get some extra height. Try that now and you'll lose all your rings.

Not sure about air physics but If you had problems with Sonic 4, you might not take to this version.

• 2 months later...

Finally news on another zone for this game beyond Green Hill.

Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be featuring and the guys over at The Sonic Stadium have some pics but here's one if you can't be bothered with the jump...

Sonic-Generations-3DS-Mushroom-Hill-Zone-Screenshot-10.jpg

Unfortunately, the announcement of this stage all but confirms the fact that Ice Cap Zone will not be appearing in either version of Sonic Generations as Sonic 3 and Knucles are being treating as one game and the stage list has already been found for the HD version and it isn't down there... :weep:

Omg it looks amazing though.

Sod Ice Cap lol :grin:

You've just made a powerful enemy my friend... :wink:

It certainly looks a lot better than Green Hill Zone that's for sure and hopefully it's a sign that the developers are getting more accustomsed to the hardware the more time they spend with the game.

:laughing:

Sorry Captain. :p

To be honest, i'd be happy with a remake of the old Sonic in this style.

Be better then a constant re-hash of the same game but on a different platform / console.

Yeah the more we see looks better and better. But the 3ds games always look better on screen anyway I think.

:laughing:

Sorry Captain. :p

To be honest, i'd be happy with a remake of the old Sonic in this style.

Be better then a constant re-hash of the same game but on a different platform / console.

Yeah the more we see looks better and better. But the 3ds games always look better on screen anyway I think.

If the 3DS is Nintendo's lead portable platform, I wouldn't entirely rule out a 3D Classic version of the Megadrive game come the 25th Anniversary (unless they do it sooner).

A lot of the hands on reports I've read have commented that the game looks much better in the flesh than it does on the videos and screen shots floating around... and now it's starting to look good in them too!

• 5 weeks later...