NEurope
Retro_Link

Kirby: Mass Attack

I still feel this could have been a nice new IP for Nintendo, heck perhaps they could have even made it an offshoot to the Pikmin series since that doesn't get much attention.

That would have been a great idea.

Still Kirby works. This looks winZA. 2D Platform Games FTW.

I just watched the trailer as Gaggle64 posted it in the favourite stuff from E3 thread in the Wii board...

- giant Kirby's!

- snow level! :santa:

- Pop n Twinbee-esque brilliance at 1m32! :grin::cool:

- 2D graphics live on!

Whyyyy can't we have a normal Kirby game.. :(

What counts as a normal Kirby game?

Kirby Wii is a normal Kirby game, and it has co-op like the one pictured above.

I still feel this could have been a nice new IP for Nintendo, heck perhaps they could have even made it an offshoot to the Pikmin series since that doesn't get much attention.

I thought exactly the same.

Found that date on the nintendo asset site,

Yeah, but they also have Skyward Sword down as August.

Whyyyy can't we have a normal Kirby game.. :(

I concur somewhat.

Absolutely fantastic point. Could fit that so perfectly.

Watching the latest mingame trailer on the front page, makes me want this game more.

Also realy grateful that it's getting a release so soon after the Japanese version. Seems we had to wait ages for Epic Yarn.

Was in GAME yesterday and saw some of the preorder boxes for Mass Attack but they had the Mouse Attack box art instead :laughing::woops:

Was in GAME yesterday and saw some of the preorder boxes for Mass Attack but they had the Mouse Attack box art instead :laughing::woops:

Oh dear :blank:

I picked this up whilst I was in FL at the end of November, but never really played it much. Recently decided to go back to it, and I'm quite liking it! Whilst it totally COULD have been Pikmin, they've managed to keep it quite kirby in my mind. It's got a nice little system that puts replayability in(needing more kirbys for some things, collecting medals) and there's achievements of sorts(not sure if they give a reward) and lots of little minigames that you get to play for getting the medals on levels which is nice! I've actually quite enjoyed a few of them(though some are naff too). Also, as I noted in the eshop thread, there's a little pinball game! Whilst not at all like Kirby's Pinball, it's a nice little throwback/reference.

I'd recommend it for any kirby fans, and really for anyone else, it's a fun little game, making fairly exclusive use of the stylus which is nice to see too(though there can be minor annoyance in control occasionally, I put it down to the fact I'm an idiot).

Edited by Rummy

You're right, it's a great stylus based platformer. Much more enjoyable than Power Paintbrush imo too. The majority of those unlockable mini-games should be put up on the eShop for a couple of quid each, as they are very very good, especially the addictive pinball game!

It's on the backlog.

Along with:

Kirby Canvas Curse

Kirby Super Star Ultra

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Kirby Returns to Dreamland