NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Weeeell....

HNI_0092.jpg

Which means I've fully pimped out a golden house...

HNI_0098.jpg

There's definitely a theme going on somewhere here...

HNI_0090.jpg

Definitely...

HNI_0091.jpg

Aha...something to do with...SHOLLLID GOOOLD!!

1.jpg

Hey Goldmember, what was the prize for a pure gold house? A thingy dipped in gold?

It was a gold pair of speedos. They make me feel toit, like a toiger.

Alright, that's not something I feel a dude should say to another dude...

Good work though! I'm not much of a fan of the gold furniture myself to be honest, but I suppose I'll have to collect more nuggets for the points value. :SADSMILEYFACE:

Any advice on nugget collection?

Oh I didn't use the golden furniture series to get the point score. Getting the 5-room matching style with antique (which the gold furniture is) is really difficult.

The furniture sets I used:

Regal

Lovely

Rococo

Princess (cost me a fair bit to acquire)

Mermaid (a shed load of island hopping later...)

Totally the manliest theme.

Oh I didn't use the golden furniture series to get the point score. Getting the 5-room matching style with antique (which the gold furniture is) is really difficult.

Regal

Lovely

Rococo

Can you spoilertag how to get the Princess theme? I love the roccoco style, but I've only managed to get two pieces. The mermaid theme... oy, I've just not got the patience for all the tours anymore. Especially if it's just me doing it.

^Yeah, Rococo is so rare on mine. My bedroom is regal (blue trimmings), and the blue set.

On the gold room; until yesterday I always assumed Cyrus gave you one of each of the gold furniture in order. Then I got ANOTHER gold carpet...

Regal

Lovely

Rococo

I did start collecting the Mermaid set but I've been to the island every day since it has been possible to do so and never, ever had the Mermaid Lamp or Mermaid Closet available to buy. Similarly, I've never seen the Cabana Bed or Cabana Wall.

Besides, I've decided to be kind to StreetPassers and only use furniture that can be ordered. As I say I'm going for trendy: Sleek, Modern, Minimalist, Stripe and Astro. The trendy music like K. K. Fusion and K. K. D&B (Drum & Bass) also happen to be my favourites, which is a happy coincidence!

Getting all the mermaid stuff really does require Club Tortimer. You can keep island hopping then to see a different shop every time.

I did start collecting the Mermaid set but I've been to the island every day since it has been possible to do so and never, ever had the Mermaid Lamp or Mermaid Closet available to buy. Similarly, I've never seen the Cabana Bed or Cabana Wall.

Besides, I've decided to be kind to StreetPassers and only use furniture that can be ordered. As I say I'm going for trendy: Sleek, Modern, Minimalist, Stripe and Astro. The trendy music like K. K. Fusion and K. K. D&B (Drum & Bass) also happen to be my favourites, which is a happy coincidence!

I'm actually contemplating minimalist and modern myself(modern has customization options right?) in addition to a blue set, my kiddie set, my balloon set upstairs, and maaaaaaybe a citrus set somewhere even though the basement doesn't count. If you want I'll let you cat any minimalist/modern bits I have once I sort my organisation out a bit more.

As for Rococco, I didn't like it at first, but it's been weeelllllllll in my town when I first started out. Nook almost had roccoco shit daily! Suprised it's rare for other folks, half wish I'd tried collecting it now(didn't know it was a new set neither).

Can you spoilertag how to get the Princess theme? I love the roccoco style, but I've only managed to get two pieces. The mermaid theme... oy, I've just not got the patience for all the tours anymore. Especially if it's just me doing it.

Gracie sells it during spring. I got it through trade though.

Finally paid off my house in full this evening and finally got the police station as a public work.

Decided to build the modern one.

Gracie sells it during spring. I got it through trade though.

Yeah, I guessed it was an event. Nuts.

One annoying thing I've found is all these Japanese people who pop up on Streetpass is that they all seem to have much, much more furniture than I do. And a lot of it is exclusive.

Hm. This lady's house I street passed today seems nice.

HNI_0047.JPG

* Enters basement*

HNI_0048.JPG

OK, this is weird and the music is a little creepy...

HNI_0049.JPG

:eek::nono:

*runs*

Spent ages moving my Nintendo items down to the basement yesterday and arranged them for good feng shui, without realising that the HHA doesn't judge basements! :shakehead Went from 133000 points down to 98000! Another swap around today, then, and again once I finally manage to hit 150000 points...

Spent ages moving my Nintendo items down to the basement yesterday and arranged them for good feng shui, without realising that the HHA doesn't judge basements! :shakehead Went from 133000 points down to 98000! Another swap around today, then, and again once I finally manage to hit 150000 points...

A lot of people say Feng Shui does count for the basement, even though the HHA doesn't score it (I hope this is the case, as my basement is full of red/yellow/green junk!)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

I'm suffering major Animal Crossing fatigue. The once endearing town and it's inhabitants are quickly becoming a right pain in the...

I'm getting sick of it too. I think the problem with this game is that you simply can't complete as much as you like whilst you're still interested. Been checking the shop every day and there's still so much I've never been able to buy.

Was getting boring to me too (essentially I was doing the same tasks each day), but then I perked up and I "just play". It's basically become a normal daily activity like brushing my teeth.

It helps I've got a few activities knocked off. Got all Shrunk's emoticons. Fully expanded house. Got all fossils in museum. ALMOST got all Brewster's gifts. Got over 7-million in the bank, damn it'll be hard to hit 100,000,000. My house is a mess though, none of my sets are big enough, and most rooms have two distinct sets. I will be going for the HHA score, though.

Been playing DKCR, too.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

I'm getting sick of it too. I think the problem with this game is that you simply can't complete as much as you like whilst you're still interested. Been checking the shop every day and there's still so much I've never been able to buy.
They should include online shopping in the next AC game... Nookazon.com! :hehe:

Yeah, it can be annoying when you can't find the items you like. Although, if you had access to too much stuff at once, that'd cause loss of interest in the game a lot sooner I reckon.

damn it'll be hard to hit 100,000.
Tell me about it, I'm almost at the halfway point. Purchased an insane amount of turnips again today, reckon with a bit of luck I could reach 100 million in a couple of weeks though.

They should include online shopping in the next AC game... Nookazon.com! :hehe:

Yeah, it can be annoying when you can't find the items you like. Although, if you had access to too much stuff at once, that'd cause loss of interest in the game a lot sooner I reckon.

Good idea. :)

It's probably balanced perfectly for StreetPass... in Japan. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because my StreetPass wasn't working yesterday. In my mind, I've missed loads of furniture I wanted!

Yesssssss! Gracie has finally appeared in my town! Gotta pass an Official fashion check!

Btw @Grazza I haven't meant to be ignoring you, just been a bit busy last few days. I'll have a look through my bits tonight and let you know what I've got and we can do a quick cat exchange dealie at some point.

Yesssssss! Gracie has finally appeared in my town! Gotta pass an Official fashion check!
Same here! :yay: (well, yesterday)

I was planning to take advantage and get my 3 alt characters to pass as well, therefore completing the 4 fashion checks at once, but unfortunately that's not possible as after you pass one she disappears from town! :shakehead

Does she only visit once a week? :hmm:

In other AC news, I've now saved 65,000,000 bells! :cool: And got...

Pete's postman hat

...as a reward for saving over 50 million. :D

Only 35 million to go for the final post office prize! :bouncy:

Same here! :yay: (well, yesterday)

I was planning to take advantage and get my 3 alt characters to pass as well, therefore completing the 4 fashion checks at once, but unfortunately that's not possible as after you pass one she disappears from town! :shakehead

Does she only visit once a week? :hmm:

In other AC news, I've now saved 65,000,000 bells! :cool: And got...

Pete's postman hat

...as a reward for saving over 50 million. :D

Only 35 million to go for the final post office prize! :bouncy:

My friend said she tried the same and that she apparently only appears for the Mayor of the town - not sure how true it is though! She was trying to do the four fashion check thing for TIY upgrade :p

My friend said she tried the same and that she apparently only appears for the Mayor of the town - not sure how true it is though! She was trying to do the four fashion check thing for TIY upgrade :p
Nope, that's definitely not the case.

As despite what I said in my previous post, I actually ended up passing Gracie's check with one of my alt characters. :hehe: