NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I think that NINTENDO thinks that the strength of Animal Crossing is simplicity which brings out the creativeness in people.

They do this with Miis as well

Yep, and it works really well I think. icon14.gif

I have big plans for my town but they involve cedar sapling which don't seem to be growing.

I've planted nearly 10 now when I got the chance but only one managed to grow...

Any thoughts?

Cedar trees will only grow in the north.

Draw an imaginary horizontal line through your town map, and only plant cedar saplings above it. :)

Edited by RedShell

Sold my bug catching net by accident as I was just selecting stuff quickly. That was on Thursday, since then Nooks hasn't had one in stock at all.

Very frustrating.

Still not had the person who sells paintings visit my town yet either and I'm 2 weeks in with 3 town projects completed, the flower shop built in the high street and about to get a 2nd floor on the house :(

Edited by Murr

Sold my bug catching net by accident as I was just selecting stuff quickly. That was on Thursday, since then Nooks hasn't had one in stock at all.

Very frustrating.

Still not had the person who sells paintings visit my town yet either and I'm 2 weeks in with 3 town projects completed, the flower shop built in the high street and about to get a 2nd floor on the house :(

You check every day? I've had him thrice since release already.

Also if you ever find yourself lacking/accidentally short of tools let me know. I've got the second upgrade Nooks but also the Silver one's are generally on sale in my museum often - I've no need to rebuy them,

Very frustrating.

I'll have a look at my town and see if one is available for you if you still need a net.

Just finished paying off the Cafe, very nice indeed. Put it near the beach as there is nothing but trees on that side of my town. I plan on putting the police station over there as well as to populate that side with stuff. And i have all fruits minus a lemon, so if anyone has one that would be grateful indeed for a trade.

And i've got 1 space on my Streepass plaza for houses in the East. Will need to clear a few out i believe, i snagged 20 on Saturday at an Animal Crossing event in Neath that myself and Mandalore attended. Great day out indeed.

Cedar trees will only grow in the north.

Draw an imaginary horizontal line through your town map, and only plant cedar saplings above it. :)

Wait...WHAT?! I've been buying saplings (cedar and happy) since the shop opened, saving the cedar ones to replace the fruit trees that border my park...AT THE VERY SOUTH OF TOWN. I must have at least 10+ of them. Oh dear god... Oh well, at least I didn't plant them all yet, which I was going to do this morning; all them falling would have pissed me right off.

Just got my silver watering can. Raided tours for extra white roses and planted huge swathes of them; should up my chances for purples dramatically.

Villagers won't give me any interesting projects. I have these like light cone meshes shaped like cedar trees that were destined for my park, but that'd just look stupid after the cedar revelation.

How does it work well? I mean I'm loving this version of animal crossing as a whole. But how is it a good thing the dream suite and night club are pretty much pointless? Why would you go in there more than a couple of times? They should give you reasons to go to these places. I hate grand theft auto, but look at what the new game is doing, those mini games are like fully fledged games; would it be that difficult to have tiny mini games with the items you buy, make it a little bit more interactive? Give the game a little more point? Boost the economy and online aspects just a little? It frustrates me when I feel Nintendo don't do enough - online leaderboards in nintendoland, these in animal crossing etc etc

Grumble grumble. I hate moaning as I do like the game a lot; and obviously love nintendo, but just frustrates me.

How does it work well? I mean I'm loving this version of animal crossing as a whole. But how is it a good thing the dream suite and night club are pretty much pointless? Why would you go in there more than a couple of times? They should give you reasons to go to these places. I hate grand theft auto, but look at what the new game is doing, those mini games are like fully fledged games; would it be that difficult to have tiny mini games with the items you buy, make it a little bit more interactive? Give the game a little more point? Boost the economy and online aspects just a little? It frustrates me when I feel Nintendo don't do enough - online leaderboards in nintendoland, these in animal crossing etc etc

Grumble grumble. I hate moaning as I do like the game a lot; and obviously love nintendo, but just frustrates me.

Club LOL; Saturday nights you can get KK tunes (they're ace) for your music player devices in your home. Also after 12PM each day until KK starts his songs you get get Shrunks Emoticon actions which let you interact with the towns folk and get reactions out of them.

Dream Suite, no idea. I couldn't even connect. Maybe I'll give it a try again one day.

It's really weird though that no one EVER goes in LOL or Shampoodles. You'd think the Star personalities would at least visit. They visit Re-Tail, Nooks, Ables and even the Museum but not these. I think a Dance Contest Event (like bug contest/fishing etc.) occasionally would be good.

Nintendo sure chose to release this game at a stupid time with basically no events. Considering the nature of the game, it was a vast oversight.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

You check every day? I've had him thrice since release already.

Also if you ever find yourself lacking/accidentally short of tools let me know. I've got the second upgrade Nooks but also the Silver one's are generally on sale in my museum often - I've no need to rebuy them,

Yeah dude I do check every day, I haven't bought everything in stock though at Nooks, someone told me If i did that it'd restock with a net. Will try that later I thinks,

If... and it's a big if... you happen to come across the guy selling paintings, i'd be willing to give you the bells if you could spot a legit one for me for my museum. Then i'd finally get the museum upgrade. Still no sign of the dude selling paintings in my town yet.

Reading on IGN, how to become a "bellionaire!" basically... catching beetles on the island and selling them. I tried this as that's the only place I can get hold of a net at the moment.

I went to the Island 3 times, filled my take home box with beetles and stags. Those 3 trips netted me 600,000 bells.

Would that be considered cheating doing this method? I'll be doing it again as my next project is the tower worth 700,000, so would like to get that paid off.

I'll have a look at my town and see if one is available for you if you still need a net.

Just finished paying off the Cafe, very nice indeed. Put it near the beach as there is nothing but trees on that side of my town. I plan on putting the police station over there as well as to populate that side with stuff. And i have all fruits minus a lemon, so if anyone has one that would be grateful indeed for a trade.

And i've got 1 space on my Streepass plaza for houses in the East. Will need to clear a few out i believe, i snagged 20 on Saturday at an Animal Crossing event in Neath that myself and Mandalore attended. Great day out indeed.

Well, well, well, Neath is my home town, pity I'm so far away at present. Wouldn't have thought there would be a big Street Pass community there. Would have thought Swansea would have had the bigger draw. Nice to hear though. Where did they hold it?

BTW I have lemons, but won't be online until Thursday at about 2:30 to 3:30pm UK time.

OK, so I thought this is a busy topic and I bought it. Played three night, a little repetitive but also addicting. The progress is slow, but it suits the game for me, I can play it casually.

I seem to have caught almost all common and some rare bugs and fishes and even got a medal from a bear/dog/walrus without tusks for my fishing progress.

Now awaiting my permit and then.... new things will happen I guess? :P

It's an interesting concept and I kinda like it.

My town has apples by the way (seems to be important to know ;))

Yeah dude I do check every day, I haven't bought everything in stock though at Nooks, someone told me If i did that it'd restock with a net. Will try that later I thinks,

If... and it's a big if... you happen to come across the guy selling paintings, i'd be willing to give you the bells if you could spot a legit one for me for my museum. Then i'd finally get the museum upgrade. Still no sign of the dude selling paintings in my town yet.

Would that be considered cheating doing this method? I'll be doing it again as my next project is the tower worth 700,000, so would like to get that paid off.

Will try but can't make any promises, he was literally here like two days ago. Can def hook you up with a silver rod if you want though(in my museum today with silver net).

As for the cheating...I haven't done many big island runs, but then I'm also making a bit of a killing with the turnip market and folks here...so I dunno. Made probs just under 3mil now on nips since I got the game? All thanks to the good folks of N-E.

It's really weird though that no one EVER goes in LOL or Shampoodles.

Not sure about Shampoodles as I've only been in a couple of times, but they definitely visit Club LOL. I've seen residents in there a few times dancing.

Has anyone else started working in the coffee shop yet? Trying to keep track of everyones coffee orders is getting ridiculous, especially now I'm getting customers I've never even seen before.

I went to the Island 3 times, filled my take home box with beetles and stags. Those 3 trips netted me 600,000 bells.

No, definitely not. This game is scaled to expect you to earn that sort of money. High house prices, high value bugs! Best ones are generally on the palm trees (banana or coconut):

Goliath Beetle - 6,000 Bells

Cyclommatus Stag - 8,000 Bells

Horned Atlus - 8,000 Bells

Horned Elephant - 8,000 Bells

Horned Hercules - 12,000 Bells

Golden Stag - 12,000 Bells

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/July_Bugs

...But the fruit trees are worth keeping an eye on too, as they have the Giant Beetle (10,000 Bells). And of course, sharks are worth even more. I aim for 300,000 Bells each Island trip, but of course sometimes you just have to cut it short because of time. I've maximised my house now so am in a comfortable zone where each trip pays for a Public Works project.

...But the fruit trees are worth keeping an eye on too, as they have the Giant Beetle (10,000 Bells). And of course, sharks are worth even more. I aim for 300,000 Bells each Island trip, but of course sometimes you just have to cut it short because of time. I've maximised my house now so am in a comfortable zone where each trip pays for a Public Works project.

I know it's only the 17th July, but i'm genuinely thinking to keep my money that I make each trip saved in the ATM, till the end of the month to get the interest paid to it.

I've got a fairly big house, just had the 2nd floor added, so got enough space for stuff I want to keep, and public works. Well I've got the suggestion to build the tower for 700,000 which I'm keen on. But that alone would wipe what I've saved so far.

May just keep buffering up the war chest till the new month.

I know it's only the 17th July, but i'm genuinely thinking to keep my money that I make each trip saved in the ATM, till the end of the month to get the interest paid to it.

How much interest do you get though? Isn't it 5,000 Bells for every 1,000,000? The way I see it is you could make up for that with one beetle.

I've got a fairly big house, just had the 2nd floor added, so got enough space for stuff I want to keep, and public works. Well I've got the suggestion to build the tower for 700,000 which I'm keen on. But that alone would wipe what I've saved so far.

Everyone's different, but I prioritised ones that had some sort of function, plus house expansions. By making my house bigger, that's more room to put furniture. As for Public Works, I stuck to shops and bridges, things like that, as long as it wasn't a duplicate type.

The Dream Suite, pointless!? :eek: It's what loads of AC fans have been crying out for! An easy way to visit other towns whenever they like. Not only does it offer that, but it takes things a step further by allowing you to visit random towns from all over the world!

Can't see how anyone that enjoys the game would find that pointless. :blank:

Don't you enjoy visiting other towns, seeing what people have done with their layouts/public works projects, how they've designed their homes?

As for Club LOL, well I love it, but I do agree that it could have had a bit more going on. Especially when DJ K.K. is there. It never really feels like a night club, even with 4 players online. :hmm:

It should get packed with random villagers/players when online (at least 10) to give it a better ambience.

I think the economy and online aspects got a great boost in this version though, I mean you can now sell items (including stuff that you've customised with your own patterns) to other players via Re-Tail. That's pretty huge.

Also, the best friend messaging system is awesome. Being able to chat to others, even when "offline" or in other towns is a superb addition. :awesome:

The worst online aspect by far is the fact that messages can (and frequently do) go unread while playing with others because of the loading screen when entering/leaving rooms. :shakehead

That is absolutely infuriating and something that they really should try and patch if possible.

Why the hell can't the speech bubbles just appear during the black loading screen? ::shrug:

But yeah, other than that I think this game is easily the definitive version of AC. :)

It's also about to overtake MK7 as my most played 3DS game, after just over a month! :o

Has anyone else started working in the coffee shop yet? Trying to keep track of everyones coffee orders is getting ridiculous, especially now I'm getting customers I've never even seen before.
Yeah. One thing that helps though is that... Edited by RedShell

How much interest do you get though? Isn't it 5,000 Bells for every 1,000,000? The way I see it is you could make up for that with one beetle.

Ah, I didn't realize it was so little, Perhaps I'll just carry on spending when I can, and make a few Island trips a day to fund my future projects & Home Improvements.

Everyone's different, but I prioritised ones that had some sort of function, plus house expansions. By making my house bigger, that's more room to put furniture. As for Public Works, I stuck to shops and bridges, things like that, as long as it wasn't a duplicate type.

I'm yet to get anything particularly exciting. Just finished the Dream thingy. Got 2 new bridges and the campsite.

Hoping that the cafe, Police station and such happen soon. Is the club I keep reading about a town project, or is it just built on the high street after reaching a certain mile stone with your town?

I'm yet to get anything particularly exciting. Just finished the Dream thingy. Got 2 new bridges and the campsite.

Hoping that the cafe, Police station and such happen soon. Is the club I keep reading about a town project, or is it just built on the high street after reaching a certain mile stone with your town?

Ah, forgot about the Campsite! Spent ages wondering where to put it, then never built it! Haven't built the Coffee Shop either. There's no getting round it, I'm going to have to demolish my "Fence", because that's where I want it.

Club LOL isn't a Public Works project. The person who wants to build it comes and finds you when the time is right (although I don't know what the criterion is).

Well, well, well, Neath is my home town, pity I'm so far away at present. Wouldn't have thought there would be a big Street Pass community there. Would have thought Swansea would have had the bigger draw. Nice to hear though. Where did they hold it?

BTW I have lemons, but won't be online until Thursday at about 2:30 to 3:30pm UK time.

You'll be surprised to hear Swansea has little to no Streetpass activities. Most of the people who came along were from Cardiff. A mate of mine lives in Neath and he takes his 3DS with him everywhere, he gets one or two a month if he's lucky. Whereas i (who takes it everywhere in Cardiff) gets on average 1 or 2 a day. Between Cardiff and Swansea, Cardiff has the bigger Streetpass following. People from Swansea and Neath even come to the Cardiff Streetpass events.

We chose Neath because of it's gaming cafe known as Yoshi's (it recently re-opened with some funding). It was a good day indeed.

I'll have a look around on the Island and see if i can find some lemons (heard they are random) if not, then i'll gladly accept some lemons from yourself.

I have lemons if you want. Also with regards to the streetpass I think it will randomly get rid of those not marked as favourites if you don't delete them yourself.

When AC gives you lemons...give them away to your friends!

Another reason for the dream suite btw? Checking out @RedShell's superbly pimped out pad. House was awesome, especially the basement!

Another reason for the dream suite btw? Checking out @RedShell's superbly pimped out pad. House was awesome, especially the basement!
Cheers. :)

Although the basement/movie room is really the only one that's finished at the moment, the rest of my house is pretty random and messy! Especially the main room, which is essentially just a Feng Shui machine. :heh:

Also, I still don't actually have my dream address yet! :woops:

Will get it sorted soon though, and post it in here.

: peace:

BTW, that spooky town you posted about before (shown via IGN) is absolutely incredible! icon14.gif

The amount of time and effort that must have gone into making that is just astonishing. :bowdown:

Anyone that hasn't done so should definitely check it out, the dream code is:

2600-0218-7298

I have lemons if you want. Also with regards to the streetpass I think it will randomly get rid of those not marked as favourites if you don't delete them yourself.

Sweet, what time are your gates open. I'm near some wifi around half 8 UK time tonight. Thats the last fruit i believe i need at the moment.