NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2011/03/animal_crossing/index.html

Graphics are looking really nice - some fancy shaders used on the grass and water textures. Looks like you have a tent instead of a house this time around? There are park benches to sit on, bee hives, mushrooms to collect, street lights, a Zelda tunic and hat to go with the master sword and triforce and you can go swimming in the sea now!! The soundtrack is awesome too.

This is a must-have for me! :)

Edited by Retro_Link

4 player online towns please? Would be nice to be able to create N-E villages that all the residents could help to take care of.

I'm still unsure about this....

I mean, it would be fun if there are more activities for you and your online pals to enjoy.....

This trailer only shows swimming as a new feauture.....

This trailer only shows swimming as a new feauture.....

Dammit man you can sit on a freaking bench, what more do you want???

;)

Swimming, went underwater at one point too.. Under water worlds :) Scuba diving etc?!

More house customisation with clocks going up etc! I just want it to be incredible! I want it to add so much to the world and gameplay, not the same shit regurgitated! The new trailer had a few new features so I'm really hoping they'll pull it off this time!

I thought it looked like more of the same? ::shrug: Hopefully theres more depth to it that we'll find out about in due course. Animal Crossing rocks but needs freshened up somehow.

I wouldn't mind if it was just an enhanced version of Wild World, but it does look to be significantly different to that.

Think you're thinking too big dazzybee, there may be something akin to the island in the GC version but I don't think there'll be a whole underwater world to explore. Animal Crossing is about the little things, if they add more interaction between the towns people and an ability to make more of a permanent change to their lives then i'll be delighted.

But like I said, I wouldn't care if it was just Wild World with nicer graphics, benches and swimming.

I wouldn't mind if it was just an enhanced version of Wild World, but it does look to be significantly different to that.

Think you're thinking too big dazzybee, there may be something akin to the island in the GC version but I don't think there'll be a whole underwater world to explore. Animal Crossing is about the little things, if they add more interaction between the towns people and an ability to make more of a permanent change to their lives then i'll be delighted.

But like I said, I wouldn't care if it was just Wild World with nicer graphics, benches and swimming.

I was semi joking. Though an updated wild world.. thats what you WANT?! You insane!?

Looks like there will be a heck of alot of additional features to this version. Making your house into the temple of time and being able to wear Links tunic is an instant selling point

Looks like there will be a heck of alot of additional features to this version. Making your house into the temple of time and being able to wear Links tunic is an instant selling point

The Temple of Time bit did look cool, but when it cut to the next bit, I wondered to myself why didn't I think of making the Temple of Time in my basement in the Wii AC? :heh:

Like I commented on the frontpage.. AC will always keep its charm, but I'm going to skip a generation, so the inevitable Wiiᶸ version will feel fresh again.

I want some real new features, and even better online gameplay. And I want those lazy animals to help out with town, because I'm sick of removing the damn weeds.

I never got into City Folk; it was the same as the original, with a "city". I'll probably never buy an Animal Crossing again, unless it's ever massively enhanced.

How come the characters have "more" body this time?

Well, they did add benches and swimming. Can't be more innovative than having benches. Benches are a misunderstood and underappreciated part of the videogame-experience, so I say: Am Hail to the Holy Bench!

Looks fun, though, if a bit more-of-the-same I quite like Animal Crossing, even in it's current form, but it's taking tiny babysteps with each iteration. It's something more suited to a handheld anyway. I rarely play City, but still boot up World.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Well, they did add benches and swimming. Can't be more innovative than having benches. Benches are a misunderstood and underappreciated part of the videogame-experience, so I say: Am Hall to the Holy Bench!

Benches also make you instantly invisible to anyone you may be tailing.

Benches also make you instantly invisible to anyone you may be tailing.

Well, it's nice that they've made assassinations easier in this version, at least.

Are Nintendo going to step up to the plate and make the 3DS Animal Crossing a memorable entry in the series? Well... there's still hope, Katsuya Eguchi had this to say:

"As for features and specs of the game, I can't go into too much detail, but players will be able to arrange their furniture the way they like, and we'll be offering new networking experiences."

We'll see, we'll see.......

There just needs to be a playground of sorts where you can take part in all sorts of funny minigames with your friends.

+

More exploration with your friends too; a forest or something in which 'wild critters' life....

af, fudge it.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I don't want them to completely redesign the game, but more exploration would be fantastic. I'm hopeful on that front because of the inclusion of camping, why would you camp if you were only a few minutes away from your house?

The inclusion of the city was a nice idea in theory on the Wii version but it was far too limited. I would be against Nintendo making it an MMO but a few more villages would be a nice touch, with the ability to walk to them and explore the surrounding area and country roads.

I don't really think the tent has anything to do with the player going camping - my immediate thought was "Oh, the tents and igloos from Population: Growing are back!"...

I think the tent will probably just be your first house.

For me, improving the multiplayer stuff. More things to collect. More 'games' in the world - the competitions are great, but other games would be good, and ones that let many online people play would be even better.

The design element could also be revamped, designing much more, better tools for it etc. A lot more 'point' to it. I still think it would be amazing if random designs turned up in peoples shops, and if people buy them you get money, they can then add you as a favourite designer to see all your work in the future etc So the design stuff was embedded into the economy. Maybe even setting your own prices too.

A bigger space, expand the CITY greatly so RANDOM people can be there, would be great if the city was massive and could fit 50 people in or whatever, but I think Nintendo would be too worried about paedos in the city so I doubt that would happen. Be great if you could hold your own events and invite people to it - maybe you want to celebrate someones birthday and have a bonfire with fireworks. Or a fishing tournament. Or whatever in the game! But set rules, get the town involved etc.

Just more and more stuff happening in the game. The special days are great, but more of them. More characters, more people allowed into your town.

Disappointed that there was no 3D trailer for this available on the e-shop, it's the one I was most looking forward to.

There's been a little more information surfacing about this, mostly re-confirmations that the player will act as the mayor of the town which I think is a really neat concept and can't wait to get my hands on it. Guessing it will be Spring 2012 at the earliest though.

I'm hoping for more customization in the town! Just imagine being able to put items outside. I could recreate the opening of F.R.I.E.N.D.S by having a sofa near the water fountain.

Just imagine it, Static dancing around in the water, Cody spinning his umbrella in a comical fashion and Stitches being his typically sarcastic self, "Could we BE having anymore fun?".

But benches also sound good.