NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I lived and breathed this game when it came out, and for quite a time after. Shame it kind of runs out of things to work for/achieve, which is often what keeps me playing long term.

Nintendo made this video to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Animal Crossing:

Interesting.

I wonder if the up and coming mobile game will also connect to this somehow? I know they said it would connect to AC games but I assumed that it meant future games, rather than existing ones. With these new features for New Leaf being added I think its a fair shout.

Interesting.

I wonder if the up and coming mobile game will also connect to this somehow? I know they said it would connect to AC games but I assumed that it meant future games, rather than existing ones. With these new features for New Leaf being added I think its a fair shout.

That's probably why the game is getting an update in the first place.

They probably originally planned on having a Wii U AC game out this year that the mobile game was going to connect to and after deciding to port it to the NX instead, ended up updating ACNL in order to have something for the mobile game to connect to.

That's about the only thing I can imagine justifying releasing a substantial update to a near enough 4 year old game!

That's probably why the game is getting an update in the first place.

They probably originally planned on having a Wii U AC game out this year that the mobile game was going to connect to and after deciding to port it to the NX instead, ended up updating ACNL in order to have something for the mobile game to connect to.

That's about the only thing I can imagine justifying releasing a substantial update to a near enough 4 year old game!

Agreed.

Wow! Has it been 4 years already!? Crazy.

This feels like its a bit too late - should have been out with the launch of the cards or, more likely, the other Amiibo.

Yawn. *falls asleep*

Got excited in NX topic saying there was a big new content and it's just invite characters with Amiibos. LOL

That's not lots of great big new content... It's just a new way to access already existing content. I thought it was ACTUAL new content. I almost shit myself.

It's a shame the update seems so closely tied to amiibos. I don't own any and have no plans on getting any so I won't really be getting much of an update.

Loving the new update for this. I never really stopped playing this game but there hasnt been much to do in my townfor a long time, so having some new content is awesome. I took a few screenshots today:

3DqsS3X.jpg7NtjUy1.jpg

XfKCXwW.jpgpJ9zoXO.jpg

Also, i got the 3DS item straight away. Then spent a good half an hour or so playing Puzzle league

ruPVZiU.jpg4KVnmfj.jpg

Also, You can sit on rocks now

ecfxUlJ.jpg

I put 3 hours into the new update yesterday after deciding not to nuke my town. The thought of their little faces was just too much... Anyway seems like I have a lot to still do in this game and I always enjoy a bit of AC so if anyone wants to visit just let me know. Bring fruit.

Maybe we should resurrect the online codes thread from the doldrums?

I love that you can boot villagers out and replace them with awesome new ones. Now all they need is the ability to move a resident's house because THESE ANIMALS ALWAYS MESS UP MY PATHWAYS, AGGH.

Such a nice update for a 3 year old game!! I really love the campsite, the music is so calming. Too bad I don't have any amiibo cards, but I'm really glad my regular animal crossing amiibo's are getting some use :)

I tried playing the puzzle league minigame and it's actually really challenging!

Also apparently villagers won't move onto spots where you placed patterns anymore (paths etc). That's a really nice touch as my town has tons of paths. It's just a rumour that's going around though but I sure hope it's true.

Still a bit annoying that people can't just pick their skin tone, as you can in Happy home designer, but a very nice update indeed!

They've added a lot more to this then the direct revealed, although mostly small things, they're pretty cool.

For example, you can place the flat screen TV on top of tables in your home:

CwcnyTDWIAAbh61.jpg

People have found out a few other minor things, you can shake tree's while holding a fishing rod or bug net now. New villagers don't move in on tiled areas and you can customise the 3DS item by taking it to Re-tail and put any image's you've drawn on it like a faceplate.

New update is amazing! :awesome:

I had a right laugh playing through the Island Escape minigame. :grin:

The combination of characters I had, plus just how silly it all is, made for a hilarious experience:

6mkPjfw.jpg

Some more pics...

Zelda van:

OWOV43X.jpg

I6BFIti.jpg

Medli is of course moving to my town soon. ;)

Giant Resetti!

raBqQPN.jpg

Was kind of scary having to hot swap game cards in order to transfer over my HHD save data, but worth it for the cool giant furniture. :hehe:

Oh, and I finally get the perfect extra item to add to the basement of my Nintendo house, in the form of the Wii U:

Before:

jWwH3p6.jpg

After:

IJAC3GO.jpg

:laughing:

I have gotten the Callie and Marie cosplayers to move in next to one another. Now to devise some sort of ground pattern to represent them having a Turf War...

You can pick up the new cards from amazon.co.uk (but only for Amazon Prime members (>.<), store.nintendo.co.uk and game.co.uk

On a side note, you can still get series 1 cards at £2.79 from argos.co.uk (or in store) which seems to be the cheapest price in the UK that I could find.

Lord help me, I bought two boxes of Series 1 and Series 3 amiibo cards. I managed to fill the Series 3 album with some spares, but the Series 1 set was mostly duplicates! Worst thing is, I had to import it from America and pay £22 on customs...  

Wish they hadn't gone out of print, but Nintendo do be on that artificial scarcity. At least when I reboot this town I can fill it with my favourites without much effort.