NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

@M_rock Hmm, but can't you rent a rod and a net from the gyroid at some of the challenges? I mean you can take everything home that isn't a part of the active challenge...What comes to the tropical island creatures, yeah there seems to be a separate selection of what does appear there. Still, in theory the bugs would suggest the month equivalent is July...

I have to say that continuing this after a 9 month hiatus has been quite a seamless experience really. The beautiful town ordinance is just brilliant, I think I had only 2 or 3 weeds in the whole town and even more flowers than I finished with (which was A LOT)! Just goes to say how well balanced this game is now, play it every day or in bursts...excellent job by Nintendo indeed.

@Ville You might be right there, since you can snoop flowers home from the challenge stages haha. I don't think there's a guide with what you can find in each challenge stage though :/

I agree with the ordinances, they really improved the Animal Crossing experience a great deal. Going on a vacation for a week was really a disaster if you played the wii game, but this time it's no big sweat. I do believe it really is a game that matches better with handheld systems. I always got tired of the console versions pretty quick.

With this version I'm pretty much satisfied with every little detail. It's perfect and adorable haha!

(Although the dialogue was way more varied in wild world)

Edited by M_rock

I had a good afternoon on acnl. I went to two towns belonging to friends I know from a streetpass group and one of them gave me 300,000 bells and told me to help myself to perfect cheris. Very nice dude.

I had a good afternoon on acnl. I went to two towns belonging to friends I know from a streetpass group and one of them gave me 300,000 bells and told me to help myself to perfect cheris. Very nice dude.

I can never get the perfect cherries to sprout in my town - I guess it's because I never harvest my native cherry trees all that often.

@ChloboShoka If you want a sure-fire way to make money, head over to the island after 7pm and just collect as many beetles as you can. Even the cheap ones are worth about 1000 Bells each - the best ones are the Golden Stags though.

If you want a sure-fire way to make money, head over to the island after 7pm and just collect as many beetles as you can. Even the cheap ones are worth about 1000 Bells each - the best ones are the Golden Stags though.

And the Horned Hercules, no?

If it's before 7 I go to the island with international people, in the hope I'll end up on someone's island at night/dawn. It works a good amount of the time

Collecting clothes for Gracie, looking pretty good. A few questions though:

1) Is she totally random? Any tricks / requirements for making her appear? I've got T.I.Y already...

2) Is there a set of clothing items you always need (like shoes) in the fashion check, or is it just a matter of having the majority of them being type X and not clashing?

PS. It's insane how much stuff there is to do in this game...

Euuhm she is random, although you have to spend a certain amount of money at T.I.Y (I believe 70 000 bells) before she appears.

You need a full outfit, otherwise she won't be willing to judge your outfit. (But she tells you this when you don't have enough clothing on) It's also not only important to wear clothes that actually fit the theme, it's also important to not wear clothes that don't match with the theme (for example sporty clothes and official looking clothes don't go together at all, and that combination makes you fail the judging).

But other than that is it indeed just having a majority of type X! :)

Good luck!

Edited by M_rock

I think I can handle all but 2 clothing categories now, if only that giraffe bastard would appear! @M_rock You sure you have to buy stuff from Nook before she appears? I read stuff here and there and some people reported her appearing right after the opening of T.I.Y...(and no, she hasn't actually appeared even once yet)

Also, anyone get the ABD machine? Saving up 100,000,000 bells...well that's friggin' insane. I don't know how much you can really make with the Stalk Market, but with island bug hunting, that sum is gonna take forever to get... #jesus

At my town she didn't appear before a month after T.I.Y. opened, so I'm pretty sure the info is correct.

Although I can't be 100% sure about that :)

Did anyone do April Fools? Easy way to get villager pictures!

Yeah, I found it quite funny, although I am a bit sad I can't draw on Blanca's face anymore :p

Katrina hasn't come to my town in a while and no one has suggested any new work projects. I think I only needed about 10 fortunes for the shop to be suggested.

Gracie hunt update: I think about a month has passed since T.I.Y. opened, that's what you need for the next upgrade anyways...But just to be sure, I bought about 100k's worth of crap from Nook and then put on a sports-dominated attire. Lo and behold, Gracie appeared today! Full sports attire on, 1st check passed! 3 more to go...

Also, caught a Guppy today, Killifish yesterday. That's all the fish for April...

I finally got my mansion. I'm choosing the fairy-tale theme now that I'm an official VIP.

Edited by ChloboShoka

All Gracie checks passed, plus finished my fossil collection. This game is pure genius...

Weeding Day today in New Leaf, but because my ordinance is set to Beautiful Town, I had no weeds to pull, and therefore couldn't take part! Shame, as I've just had a look at the flower furniture you get for it, and it'd go perfectly in my house's flower room... If anyone gets any furniture or duplicates they'd like to donate / sell to me today, get in touch!

I'm glad I finally can have the exclusive public work projects hahaha! They are so adorable!

Weeding Day today in New Leaf, but because my ordinance is set to Beautiful Town, I had no weeds to pull, and therefore couldn't take part! Shame, as I've just had a look at the flower furniture you get for it, and it'd go perfectly in my house's flower room... If anyone gets any furniture or duplicates they'd like to donate / sell to me today, get in touch!

I thought I read wedding day at first. I was like WTF you can get married, how did I miss this?

For those into this game; anyone else wish they hurry up with Fantasy Life and that Disney game that is like Animal Crossing?

I'm a bit scared the disney game isn't going to be quite as good as Animal Crossing. I've been watching some playthroughs on youtube and it seems a bit dissapointing/ a bit of a technical mess/ and a bit of a cash cow (mini transactions)

I do hope fantasy life ever makes it to Europe though!

Also Tomodatchi life is going to be fabulous :)

Same, but i found 1 weed and felt i accomplished my taking part. Lief sent for a public works project which i'm looking into.

Started playing this again a few days ago, I want more silver and gold badges. Anyone got high turnip prices or need their town deweeding?

Yeah i'm still playing mine daily aswell. I'm currently trying to make a Zelda exhibition at the museum:

B-fm8mWIAAAlZT7.jpg:large

I ended up selling my copy after a few months when I dropped off playing. None of the games have really given me the same experience since my original town on the Gamecube.

I'm kind of tempted to get another 3DS copy though now.