NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I managed to pass the test so no need for the beard anymore.

Gracie will finally be opening shop.

Gracie was in my town today as well with a modern theme, passed the test but need one more visit to get her opening up a shop.

Also built a sphinx to match my pyramid and just funded an illuminated tree for outside my town hall.

Bought Turnips again.....

God help me this week!

I had an upward spike last week so I'm hoping one of you guys will have some good prices.

Does anyone else have visits in the shopping area from old town residents or is it just me?.

Does anyone else have visits in the shopping area from old town residents or is it just me?.

I think that's normal.

What I had hoped is that all the villagers that left your town would make their way into the shopping area, making it more crowded that way, but this doesn't really seem to be the case.

I'm not sure though, since not an awful lot of villagers have left my town and those that did might be spread/randomly pop up on main street, the shops or any of the museum areas.

Would be neat if it got a tad crowded :D

I think that's normal.

What I had hoped is that all the villagers that left your town would make their way into the shopping area, making it more crowded that way, but this doesn't really seem to be the case.

I'm not sure though, since not an awful lot of villagers have left my town and those that did might be spread/randomly pop up on main street, the shops or any of the museum areas.

Would be neat if it got a tad crowded :D

I found this to be actually quite annoying. I wanted rid of those residents as they were irritating, and now suddenly they've turned up again? GO AWAY, SOLEIL!

But as you said, it would be nice if the place got crowded with people. Just wish it wasn't THOSE people.

I found this to be actually quite annoying. I wanted rid of those residents as they were irritating, and now suddenly they've turned up again? GO AWAY, SOLEIL!

But as you said, it would be nice if the place got crowded with people. Just wish it wasn't THOSE people.

Not sure it can get too crowded anyway, as I'm sure I heard it only keeps 16 residents in memory. Whether that includes current townies I've no idea.

Only lost one villager (Deirdre). Last time I played it turned out she'd moved into my brother's village. And one of his had already moved into mine. My bro's game only gets loaded up when I visit his game to sell/do stuff, and he doesn't play anymore, so if anyone activate to leave/move in then they will (since he talks to no one anymore). If he ever decides to play again he's going to probably find out that most of the villager are newbies and that loads have come and gone he's never even met. It's okay though, he doesn't care as he's completely given up on the game.

EDIT: Just taking a break from this game (playing Bravely Default...soooo good). I actually made a 3DS notepad to note down the day to reset the clock to to make sure things don't go haywire and the town self-destructs, which is 25th December. Soon as I get to tell someone not to move I'll probably move to actual date. I just can't stand the day to day play anymore, having to play it before I can relax and play something else. Y'know since if you load up you have to play until you're sure no one is leaving incase you leave it another week and someone's scarpered.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Bought Turnips again fellas!

!Help is appreciated if you have huge spike in the coming days!

CALLING ALL FORCES, CALLING ALL FORCES!

I think I might just have prices that are getting lower and lower.

I've invested a lot this week!!!

I beg all of you, DO THE RIGHT THING!

Notify your local Fused King!

Sorry, I'd help but I can't activate mine until I'm ready. My in-game date is still 25th December. I turn it on, I have to play until someone tells me they want to leave (sop I can stop them), which means playing through 5-6 days in-game, and I haven't got time.

Don't forget to get out the wetsuit today: if you've been keeping up with the diving, you should be able to get your collection complete now it's March!

zlCfzRkTLSE8ft58yd_zpse5033b5c.jpg

You guys still playing this? Good grief...

I don't know about still. More like "Turn it on now it's March, ignore the backlash from the villagers and get the last fish".

Loach - River, March-May, all day, small

Spider Crab - Sea, March-April, all day, very large

http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Fish

Yeah, that makes sense. Have you guys been collecting anything else than the bugs & fish? I just bought all the house expansions plus got enough furniture sets to net the best points, but that was that. Didn't even get all the fossils or anything...

Yeah, that makes sense. Have you guys been collecting anything else than the bugs & fish? I just bought all the house expansions plus got enough furniture sets to net the best points, but that was that. Didn't even get all the fossils or anything...

Personally, I got (or am hoping to get):

* Bugs

* Fish (haven't yet)

* Sea creatures (haven't yet)

* Fossils

* Enough 'Trendy' furniture to fill five rooms and get the Golden House award

And I decided not to bother with:

* Gracie (fashion check)

* Sahara (wanted the Spa set really)

* Art

* The Rustic furniture (which I'd started on)

It was a great game while it lasted, but you can have too much of a good thing.

This was my first AC game, and I loved every second of it, putting in about 150 hours in total. I'm sure others' have much higher play-times but that's most definitely a record for me. Next on the list would be the last two console Zeldas at around 50 hours maybe. So yeah, fantastic, so thrilled I decided to read up on it just after release. Certainly changed my perception it was a game for 10 year olds!

Well, I got them (the Loach and Spider Crab). Loach was very easy and Spider Crab was relatively easy, although I think I missed a couple. Had a look round my house and still got a flicker of joy at my Sleek bedroom, Minimalist living room and the others - Astro, Modern and Stripe, with the respective soundtracks: Fusion, House, D&B, Bossa and Groove. Sort of sad but satisfying to be done with the game.

I think New Leaf will go down as the game that defined the 3DS. It arrived two years into the machine's lifespan, and some of us spent almost a year playing it. It also sat in that peak spot when the 3DS became more popular, most of the machine's other main titles arrived and StreetPass relay made it so much easier to get StreetPasses (of course, some of these are because of Animal Crossing).

I also think it went hand-in-hand with Letterbox - a service that was dwindling at the time, but received a boost thanks to AC. It was great to see all @Mike's cool stuff on there. I'm not a fan of online gaming, but New Leaf is the game I've played online more than any other. All help was appreciated, but some people like @RedShell and @Sprout brought their generosity into the game, and it's a massive credit to them. That goes to everyone who helped me collect the furniture I wanted, especially the Sleek set, which I was a nuisance about both here and on Letterbox!

New Leaf has been a part of my psyche since it was released, and my real life has actually changed a lot since then. I'm not entirely sure I can justify playing another one, but we'll see! The geek in me would like to see realistic plumbing. For example, let's say it runs along the back of the house, so that's where you put your kitchen/bathrooms! I'd also like to have access to friends' catalogues, so you could order anything that was available to them. Lastly, I would like all rare items (like Bath Tile) to be orderable, even if they were expensive. Basically, I would like it to be even quicker and easier to collect sets.

So, here's to everyone I enjoyed this epic game alongside! One chapter closes not only on this game, but on the 3DS itself. Bring on the new ones!

Edited by Grazza

Yep, New Leaf is probably my most played 3DS game and for a reason. The online part could definitely be a bit smoother, but otherwise they improved just what needed to be improved. 5/5, this is what Nintendo quality is all about...

If there's one thing I've come to realise is that I shouldn't have bought this damn game.

It's fun at first, but when the numbers start dwindling I just have this idea I have to play it every day, because.....I'm a masochistic bastard?

I actually still cannot believe I still bought it, because games without an ending are not good for me and usurp the time I could spend on an 'actual' game or life for that matter.

Welp, It will take it's place between my other 3DS games as a reminder that I shouldn't bother with this series ever again!

Sounds like a cynical and angry post, but it's more of a healthy reflection

If there's one thing I've come to realise is that I shouldn't have bought this damn game.

It's fun at first, but when the numbers start dwindling I just have this idea I have to play it every day, because.....I'm a masochistic bastard?

I actually still cannot believe I still bought it, because games without an ending are not good for me and usurp the time I could spend on an 'actual' game or life for that matter.

Welp, It will take it's place between my other 3DS games as a reminder that I shouldn't bother with this series ever again!

Sounds like a cynical and angry post, but it's more of a healthy reflection

No, I agree! I definitely can't let myself spend as much time on an Animal Crossing again, if I even play one! I'm not normally one to have a backlog of games, but it's built up since New Leaf was released. Glad to finally get back into Etrian Odyssey IV, because it's great.

sooo... did you guys time travel to festivale? or did you just ignore it? :D

All help was appreciated, but some people like @RedShell and @Sprout brought their generosity into the game, and it's a massive credit to them.
Decided to look through my photos of the game again, and managed to find this set when the three of us were together:

HNI_0020.jpg

"Well, I didn't get the fortune I needed..."

HNI_0022.jpg

"..."

HNI_0023.jpg

"YES!" "YES!" "YES!"

Unfortunately my copy of New Leaf (along with Super Mario 3D Land, Pokémon Y and the latest Professor Layton) was stolen from me whilst I was being treated in hospital last month. Talk about hitting you at your most vulnerable, eh? =P

Whilst it's not quite the way I wanted to end things, I can say I had great fun with the time I spent as Mayor. Despite owning these games since the Gamecube version, I never really accomplished any of the "milestones", like collecting all the items in the museum, or pay off my debt to Nook. When I first started the game, I made it a goal to make a real effort when it came to accomplishing tasks like these. I think those who witnessed my town in its later days saw that my collecting got a bit too far! I don't think I'll take another stab at it if I play future instalments, but I'm glad I made the effort at least once. Made me realise just how many things they put into these games!

I also want to say that this was probably the first time, barring Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where I’ve made a more concerted effort to try playing online with others. I had fun with everyone, and a lot of you had some pretty creative villages and houses! Thanks much to everyone who had me as a guest!

HNI_0087.jpg

Though parting was sad...

I'll remember the good times.

Bye for now, New Leaf!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio