NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Just be patient, damnit!

The first law of Animal Crossing = When you buy it, you play it for at least 10 minutes every day for 365 days.

My daughter has the download version of ACNL. If she was to upgrade to a 3DSXL, will the game still work if we just put the sd card into the console, or will it have to be re-downloaded? And if it has to be re-downloaded, is there any way of transferring all her save data? Her HHA rating is over 1,000,000 now, so she wouldn't be at all impressed if she had to start all over again.

Thanks.

My daughter has the download version of ACNL. If she was to upgrade to a 3DSXL, will the game still work if we just put the sd card into the console, or will it have to be re-downloaded? And if it has to be re-downloaded, is there any way of transferring all her save data? Her HHA rating is over 1,000,000 now, so she wouldn't be at all impressed if she had to start all over again.

Thanks.

It will be locked to the device, but you can use the utility tool to transfer the software from one 3DS to the other. There's also a save backup tool, though I've never used it.

Thanks. I've looked at the save data function and guess what? ACNL is not supported! This is c**p as this is one game you definitely don't want to have to start all over from the start!

I've emailed Nintendo to see what they say about transferring over to a new system.

Had a reply from Nintendo (wow, nice and quick!).

Apparently the System Transfer function not only copies over all your settings, but also all your save data from downloaded games etc. Games will have to be re-downloaded from the e-shop but other than that, it should work.

You'll all know if it doesn't work, as my daughter will probably scream so loudly, the whole country will hear her :D

You won't have to redownload the software if you swap SD cards.

Are you sure? I thought that all download games were 'locked' to the console?

Are you sure? I thought that all download games were 'locked' to the console?

They are, you will need to do a system transfer first. After that you can swap SD cards and your game and save will still be there without the need to redownload everything.

New catches for November:

Blowfish - ocean, medium, 9pm-4am

Football Fish - ocean, large, 4pm-9am

Tuna - ocean, huge, all day

Mole Cricket - underground, all day

Horsehair Crab - medium, all day. uniform movement

Red King Crab - large, all day, uniform movement

Sea Cucumber - medium, all day, uniform movement

Snow Crab - large, all day, uniform movement

http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/

What's that ringing sound in Animal Crossing: New Leaf? It's a Mole Cricket hiding underground. Unfortunately, it's hard to pinpoint the precise location of the Mole Cricket. Walk to where the ringing call is the loudest and then begin to dig with the Shovel -- but you'll want to keep your Bug Net as a single D-pad press away. To do this, either rearrange your pockets or only take a Bug Net and Shovel with you. This way, you can dig a hole, expose the Mole Cricket, tap the D-pad to switch to your Bug Net and nab it as it slowly runs away. You will likely have to dig a lot of holes, so fill some in and keep a path to follow the Mole Cricket as it escapes.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Mole_Cricket

Edited by Grazza

Good that these are mostly available all day. No need to hang around waiting for them! So, did anyone else do the Halloween stuff today? I've now made a museum room full of creepy and spooky furniture, thanks to the event!

Half past one edit: And all done for another month! Annoying that I now have to wait until March for the final deep sea creature, but at least the final bug is next month. Just four fish left too...

Edited by Mike

Good that these are mostly available all day. No need to hang around waiting for them! So, did anyone else do the Halloween stuff today? I've now made a museum room full of creepy and spooky furniture, thanks to the event!

Half past one edit: And all done for another month! Annoying that I now have to wait until March for the final deep sea creature, but at least the final bug is next month. Just four fish left too...

What was the halloween event? Sadly I was out so didn't really have much chance to do it...unless I TT'd tomorrow or something. Not keen to, but a year is a long time!

Well, tried last night and all I could catch was a football fish and a mole cricket. Looking at the times, I'm surprised I could catch a football fish so soon into November, as I thought I'd have to wait until 4pm tonight. No blowfish though... I had a bit of luck with the mole cricket. It's not too hard to locate when you're wearing headphones, but I had four tools on me, so I was lucky the bug net was next on the list after the shovel.

Was very frustrated with the tuna though, and even wonder if my game was glitched. I've caught loads of marlin/napoleon fish, and even lots of tuna in the "Tuna Kahuna" game, and I'm sure I saw lots of tuna last night but every one turned out to be a sea bass... :hmm:

EDIT - caught the tuna now.

Edited by Grazza

What was the halloween event? Sadly I was out so didn't really have much chance to do it...unless I TT'd tomorrow or something. Not keen to, but a year is a long time!

It basically involved finding Jack the pumpkin guy and giving him some candy, which you've been able to buy in the shop for a month, but you could also get on the night by trick or treating villagers. In exchange, Jack gives you a piece of furniture from one of two Halloween themed furniture sets, then teleports to somewhere else in the village and you have to find him again. What makes it harder is that all the villagers have various coloured pumpkins on their heads, so it's not as easy as you'd think to find him.

BYDrlVwCYAEShL2.jpg

Here's one of my museum rooms, which I've Halloweenified.

Edited by Mike

I've caught all the November bugs/fish/sea creatures, so can confirm they are all possible now. I must apologise about the Blowfish as I initially said it was available "all day" (which is what AC Wiki said), but I now believe it's 9pm-4am (I caught mine at approx. 11.30pm).

December

Dung Beetle - 5pm-8am, snowballs

Bitterling - river, all day

Oarfish - ocean, all day

Pond Smelt - river, all day

Sea Butterfly - ocean, all day

Stringfish - river, 4pm-9am

March

Loach - river, all day

Spider Crab - all day

http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/home

PS - I know @RedShell set this out a while ago, I'm just typing it out to remind myself.

Just missed patched dress/3 creepy pieces (missed monster hood, lost out on scaring 2 residents. The 3rd piece was because no matter how many times I resetted my game Annabelle NEVER went inside her house). Probably missing some spooky pieces, though may have them all. You can thank Pokemon X for this, as I kept forgetting until it was too late a lot of days to buy store items.

Is there anyway at all to get a Firefly without time travelling in any month other than June? An island tour or something? The only bug I have missed so far :(

I see the mushrooms are starting to pop up.

Is that worm that comes from shaking a tree still wriggling around this month?

Edited by Fused King

I see the mushrooms are starting to pop up.

Is that worm that comes from shaking a tree still wriggling around this month?

I believe so. Remember, one of those mushrooms (each day) is one of the mush furniture set. Also, Nook's is selling the harvest furniture set.

God I wish this had clicked with me the same way the original did. Playing that on the Gamecube daily is one of my favourite gaming memories but I just havent been able to stick with this one like I did with that.

So what´s up with this strange Harvest furniture.

Such a strange colour pallet, really...

Ahn just saw the message on my bulleting board that the snow is coming very soon! Can't wait for that <3

Ahn just saw the message on my bulleting board that the snow is coming very soon! Can't wait for that <3
AC Snowmen! :bouncy:

I look forward to dropping the first snowball in the river by accident. :laughing:

I think winter might be my favourite season in AC, it's so relaxing <3

Also, if anyone has the Gracie store in their town, how long did it take you to pass all 4 fashion checks? I saw her for the first time at the end of last week and I knew she was quite a rare visitor but apparently it could take a month or two to complete all the checks to get TIY to upgrade.

I'm just looking forward to finishing my bug collection when the dung beetles start rolling snowballs! But yes, I did get quite excited when I saw that message yesterday. Saying that, though, Autumn DOES look very nice too!

I think winter might be my favourite season in AC, it's so relaxing <3

Also, if anyone has the Gracie store in their town, how long did it take you to pass all 4 fashion checks? I saw her for the first time at the end of last week and I knew she was quite a rare visitor but apparently it could take a month or two to complete all the checks to get TIY to upgrade.

I stopped playing regularly/every day about a month or so ago; at which point I'd taken about a month or two already to get three of them to appear. Luckily caught the fourth on an off chance a few weeks ago. So...I've probably not been very helpful at all.