NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Been enjoying this recently, thanks to visits from the very generous @RedShell and the wise-cracking @Sprout! I have finally completed all my Trendy furniture (Astro, Minimalist, Modern, Sleek and Stripe) and have a house score of 1,566,000! Is 2,000,000 the limit?

I am fully up to date with fish and bugs, although I caught the Spiny Lobster about 30 minutes into October. This month's new additions are nice and easy:

Bagworm - All day (shake trees)

Dab - All day, Medium (ocean)

Yellow Perch, All day, Medium (river)

Next month it's the crabs, so a lot of diving unfortunately!

Bagworm - All day (shake trees)

Is this definitely around now? Have been shaking trees at different times of the day, but still haven't seen one. :blank:

Anyone caught it?

Is this definitely around now? Have been shaking trees at different times of the day, but still haven't seen one. :blank:

Anyone caught it?

They seem to be pretty rare. I shake all the trees every day and have only seen one so far, which is now in the museum. I believe they become more common next month though.

Today in a morning moment of madness I purchased 1 millon bells worth of turnips.

Anyone caught it?

Yeah, had to shake 20 or 30 trees and got stung twice by bees before I found one. Make sure you have your Bug Net ready!

Damn, I've been pretty unlucky with finding this thing then. I must have shaken trees over 100 times already! :hmm:

Might wait until they become more common before trying again.

I wonder if they're more common at night? I only say that because that's when I found mine. Can't remember which type of tree, but I think it was Oak or Cedar - not a fruit tree.

Some extra info from IGN. Apparently you only have to swing your net at the tree:

You catch these by shaking trees or just swinging your Bug Net at a tree to catch one.

You can only catch one during October-February, all day. Best time to catch one is November-December time between the hours of 8AM-7PM.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Bagworm

Edited by Grazza

Had Gracie's shop for about 5 days now. Can't stand the Sweets furniture. What happened to those cool blue/green furniture she started giving me when I was trying to win her over...?

As for Bagworms. I said, haven't got one of them yet! Went to my row of cedars in front of railway (gotta cut pollution from entering village) and a few shakes later and hey-presto. Thought it was a spider at first.

Does anyone have a reccomend a friend code i could have please? my sister has just bought a pink xl console .

I have registerd animal crossing on an old account but for some reason i dont get the banner to claim for this promotion.

I have a favour to ask, please. On Saturday it's the first Fishing Tournament. The furniture prizes are great, so if you get any spares, can you keep them so we can swap with each other? Well, you probably won't get spares in the first month, but you know what I mean! I'm going to try and collect the full set myself, but I'll probably fail miserably!

I have a favour to ask, please. On Saturday it's the first Fishing Tournament. The furniture prizes are great, so if you get any spares, can you keep them so we can swap with each other? Well, you probably won't get spares in the first month, but you know what I mean! I'm going to try and collect the full set myself, but I'll probably fail miserably!

I got a snail clock, spiderweb clock, beetle chair and a butterfly wallpaper (eh) for the bug contests. Not bad.

Great idea. icon14.gif

And I got loads of spares already!

What I have spare to trade:

puffer-fish TV

octopus chair x2

jellyfish lamp

red-snapper chair

marine pop wall

What I need:

crab clock

dab table

football-fish lamp

sea-anemone bed

squid chair

marine pop floor

: peace:

How the hell do you get all that furniture?

When you break the 1st record? If so, I'm having a hard time beating Teddy and his 45.55 Great Bass.

Edited by Fused King

When you break the 1st record, because if so, I'm having a hard time beating Teddy and his 45.55 Great Bass.

Yeah, every time you break the record you get a reward. Sometimes it's a piece of the exclusive fish furniture. but it can also be a random piece of standard furniture too, which is very annoying. :angry:

The best thing to do is start early in the day, catch as many fish as possible (while keeping track of their sizes) and then give them to Chip in ascending order. ;)

When you break the 1st record? If so, I'm having a hard time beating Teddy and his 45.55 Great Bass.

Go to the island and catch some big fish there. I got about 5 fish, lined them up in ascending order and got myself some furniture (though one as a garbage can for some reason...). Blue marlins, ocean sunfish, sharks, they should all beat that size easily. =)

Go to the island and catch some big fish there. I got about 5 fish, lined them up in ascending order and got myself some furniture (though one as a garbage can for some reason...). Blue marlins, ocean sunfish, sharks, they should all beat that size easily. =)
What fish furniture did you get?

Great idea. icon14.gif

puffer-fish TV

octopus chair x2

jellyfish lamp

red-snapper chair

marine pop wall

What I need:

crab clock

dab table

football-fish lamp

sea-anemone bed

squid chair

marine pop floor

I have a spare dab table, if you want it.

Started playing this game again after a month's hiatus and I got a squid chair! :D

No spares I'm afraid. Got the following:

Squid chair

Crab clock

Sea-anemone bed

Dab table

Football fish lamp

And then I think the Marine pop Floor... or wallpaper, I forgot =P

Got 4-5, no spares though...and none of the ones you were looking for. i forgot about this, and didn't go catch sharks and stuff ready.

Great idea. icon14.gif

puffer-fish TV

octopus chair x2

jellyfish lamp

red-snapper chair

marine pop wall

What I need:

crab clock

dab table

football-fish lamp

sea-anemone bed

squid chair

marine pop floor

Ah, it seems we got much the same spares, unfortunately! I'll double-check but I don't think I have anything you need.

Had a good day with Animal Crossing, personally. I actually went into town and got some StreetPasses. Thanks to that, I was able to order some more "Trendy" items for my house, such as the Zero Lamp, Editor's Chair and the fantastic Shower Stall! That's one of my favourite items I've seen so far!

Got back home and spent an hour on the Fishing Tournament. I honestly kept getting the new record so many times I thought I'd get more furniture than I did, but hey, I got the Metal Guitar and that counts as Trendy, so that's good.

What I did was start out with Rainbow Trout, then moved onto Black Bass, then Dabs and Sea Bass. After that I went to the Island and just beat that record with a Ribbon Eel, then a Ray, some Giant Trevally, some Marlin, a Napoleon Fish and - finally - a Whale Shark, which showed up about 4pm (or a bit before).

Haven't turned it on yet to see if I've won, but I suppose I have! It's good fun and hopefully we'll get that furniture we need next time.

OK, I have these spare:

Puffer-Fish TV

Octopus Chair

Flounder Table

Jellyfish Lamp x 2

Marine Pop Wall

...And am looking for these:

Sea-Anemone Bed

Crab Clock

Football-Fish Lamp

Squid Chair

Dab Table

Marine Pop Floor

Curious that I got pretty much the same ones as @RedShell and the exact opposite of @Eenuh.

Finally found a bagworm! :grin:

If my calculations are correct (probably not :heh:) then there are only 16 more creatures left to get:

Bugs:

Mole cricket (nov)

Dung beetle (dec)

Fish:

Blowfish (nov)

Footballfish (nov)

Tuna (nov)

Bitterling (dec)

Oarfish (dec)

Pond smelt (dec)

Sea butterfly (dec)

Stringfish (dec)

Loach (mar)

Diving:

Horsehair crab (nov)

Red king crab (nov)

Sea cucumber (nov)

Snow crab (nov)

Spider crab (mar)

It's annoying how there'll be just 2 things left to catch after December, but they won't be obtainable until March! :hmm:

Hmm... perhaps someone (who's not bothered about the effects of time travel) would volunteer to host their town in March, this year. So that people could visit and get those 2 a bit earlier. ;) ;)

No, don't give into temptation, RedShell - we can wait this out! :) At least I already have the oarfish, having got the game in May.