NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Would the Europe game be called Animal Crossing new Leaf?

No, I think the European one is called 'Animal Crossing: Patience is a Virtue'.

Am I the only one who finds the new logo really ugly? The leaf placed on top of it just looks so cheap and the colors don't match at all!

Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-logo.jpg

Looks better than the Fire Emblem Awakening logo. Looks like they just slapped a generic font on it.

Japanese review check from Famitsu via polygon;

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/31/3580050/japan-review-check-animal-crossing-dynasty-warriors-silent-hill

- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (10/9/10/10, 39 points out of 40) There's no doubt whatsoever that Nintendo's new 3DS title (which, sadly, isn't coming out here until next year) was the winner of the week.

"You're still enjoying the same kind of easygoing lifestyle in the game as before," one editor said, "but with the mayor thing and other new features, there's some novel stuff going on here as well. It's all balanced extremely well, and being able to visit the villages of people you don't know also expands the gameplay. Becoming friends with someone allows you to exchange messages with them without all having to congregate in the same village, too, which is killer."

Everyone agreed that there's nothing extremely new to this Animal Crossing...but, then again, if it was too new, then it wouldn't be the supreme world sim/timewaster that it is. "The core of it hasn't changed at all," said another writer, "but between exploring the ocean and building up your village with public works, there's just a ton of new features. There's really nothing difficult about it, so even if you're new to this, I think you can really enjoy it. It's a really deep game that way, one that you can play in all kinds of different styles."

I'm still nervous this game will bore news much as wild world did with how similar it is...

They kept the screenshot function in this version as well :)

Japanese version has some nice designs you can download using a QR code.

To make things more painful about the fact I can't afford to buy a JP 3DS and this right now, I got 10/10 streetpass plaza hits yesterday and guess what came up quite a lot as recently played :(

Interestingly though, it didn't come up as the Japanese name for the name. It actually comes up as Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'm guessing they actually implement all the international titles on to first party games and the OS determines it, which is strange, as I sometimes see Mario Kart 7 in katakana only and then sometimes see it English despite the hits coming from Japanese players.

To make things more painful about the fact I can't afford to buy a JP 3DS and this right now, I got 10/10 streetpass plaza hits yesterday and guess what came up quite a lot as recently played :(

Interestingly though, it didn't come up as the Japanese name for the name. It actually comes up as Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'm guessing they actually implement all the international titles on to first party games and the OS determines it, which is strange, as I sometimes see Mario Kart 7 in katakana only and then sometimes see it English despite the hits coming from Japanese players.

Very interesting! (I wonder if it might have in-game English language text locked away somewhere...)

BTW, you might have a bit of trouble snapping it up anyway, unless you're getting the eShop version...

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11400191229.html

Nintendo shipped 500k copies of Animal Crossing.

First day sell-through: 80-90%

Insane! Even with 500k copies shipped, they still sold through roughly 90% of the stock in the first weekend! This thing is gonna be sold out for weeks :laughing:

Very interesting! (I wonder if it might have in-game English language text locked away somewhere...)

BTW, you might have a bit of trouble snapping it up anyway, unless you're getting the eShop version...

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11400191229.html

Insane! Even with 500k copies shipped, they still sold through roughly 90% of the stock in the first weekend! This thing is gonna be sold out for weeks :laughing:

That's completely ignoring all the digital downloads, and I know for a fact that a good number of people have been downloading this one

One thing a friend told me though, the DLC bits are IP locked. You need a Japanese IP to get it

That's completely ignoring all the digital downloads, and I know for a fact that a good number of people have been downloading this one

One thing a friend told me though, the DLC bits are IP locked. You need a Japanese IP to get it

WHA!? NO!

Damn :( If Nintendo are allowing free DLC to be IP blocked, this could be troublesome down the line...

WHA!? NO!

Damn :( If Nintendo are allowing free DLC to be IP blocked, this could be troublesome down the line...

I suppose if you tried really hard you could get an IP routed from Japan. Oh hey, why not get someone to set you up a VPN tunnel in Japan and use their public facing IP as the gateway. Problem solved?:geek:

I suppose if you tried really hard you could get an IP routed from Japan. Oh hey, why not get someone to set you up a VPN tunnel in Japan and use their public facing IP as the gateway. Problem solved?:geek:

Or just use a standard proxy :p

Or just use a standard proxy :p

Does that work? Or have they blocked proxies from working too? (I know that they did for DQ10 in Japan - The only way to circumvent the IP Lock is via VPN. A costly and very inconvenient solution...)

Does that work? Or have they blocked proxies from working too? (I know that they did for DQ10 in Japan - The only way to circumvent the IP Lock is via VPN. A costly and very inconvenient solution...)

Why costly? We have forumites in Japan!

Why costly? We have forumites in Japan!

Eh, I suppose that's an option. But it would only be available to those who happen to know someone in Japan who was willing to share an IP address...

If the DLC can be ordered via the catalogue again, I don't see how it's a problem.

Eh, I suppose that's an option. But it would only be available to those who happen to know someone in Japan who was willing to share an IP address...

That was meant to be a bit of a joke but I guess owning an Japanese system requires some compromise ::shrug: