NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Hmm, looks pretty interesting. For some reason, I liked the DS version the most, seemed to work the best on a handheld. Lying on your bed, chasing tarantulas and scorpions in the quiet tranquillity of the summer night...now that's what I call atmospheric gaming ;D

Anyway, don't even have a 3DS yet, so we'll see...I do like the concept of AC very much, it's a genius game really, but the slow pace just irritates me. I mean I have no prob gardening and planning out stuff at a relaxed pace, but the idea of having to play the game religiously for a year or so (!) in order to get everything...just kills it for me. I like to play when I feel like it, and not be forced to check the fucking turnip prices twice every single day! xD xS

I think this could be what the series needed. They seem to have taken the best from the past games and added some really nice features. I think the freshest is the whole 'being the mayor' thing. Really looking forward to seeing this pan out.

I always have the highest expectations for these game, but pure hope. They don't add close to enough new stuff. I'm still desperate, desperate for the designs to be able to sell. Sort of like Animal Crossing ebay. You have your little shop, each day in the village a random shop (either in mabels or as a market stall) there's a random person from anywhere in the world with their designs to sell; villagers could be wearing items from random people and you can link directly to their shop or whatever... Maybe on Sundays their could be a market with stuff people have.... This would be amazing for me, one of my favourite features is how you can play the stock market with turnips and how the fruit are different prices etc. This is what needs to be developed. So much potential.

I also love all the collecting thing, but again very limiting. For me, their needs to be thousands and thousands of paintings, and you only have room for whatever in your gallery, that way it would actually be interesting visiting other peoples as they'll have different ones. I don't know what they can do with fish, bugs and fossils, but again, expand/develop it in some way!!

This game has unreal potential, especially with spot and street pass, I fear Nintendo will realise 1% of that!

Don't know if I will buy this one. The changes mentioned should have been done already in the second game. And I hate street pass. If it has any sort of significanse the probabilty for me to buy it plummets even more.

You hate street pass? How and why?

Of course it'll have extensive street pass use. But it won't be a game breaker, it'll be stuff you can ONLY do via street pass and not replace anything. If that makes sense!

Of course it'll have extensive street pass use. But it won't be a game breaker, it'll be stuff you can ONLY do via street pass and not replace anything. If that makes sense!

Because it's a stupid gimmick that is never worth taking your 3DS about with you for the occasional person to pop up on it. The little time I get to play games will be spent on Skyrim, not pissing about looking at strangers' Miis while frustratingly realising Nintendo waste time implementing crap like this while avoiding implementing a robust online infrastructure.

And such. ;)

In the first two months I carried the 3Ds with me I got two hits, both Game employees. Of course I don't like missing out on features game after game because the town is too small. Norway should be handicapped, and that's not a joke. Like one hit equals 20 people(10 times less people, approx twice the area to GB)

Anyway, I don't even have wireless anymore, need to get that sorted out first :P

@Sheikah , I really hope that wasn't pointed at me.

Yeah, I think features like SP work well in Japan, since the handhelds are so darn popular there...but here? It's more about the consoles and pc, plus there are less friggin' people! Would not expect to get any hits in Finland, plus it would feel weird carrying your console around... o_O

So like @Sheikah said, I'd rather have a robust online system, please ; D

It's not like StreetPass is there at the expense of these online features everyone wants so much though. I think it's a brilliant 'gimmick' that has added a lot of value to my 3DS. Carrying it around in sleep mode isn't at all awkward and makes perfect sense for a handheld console.

As for Animal Crossing, this game has so much potential for implementing StreetPass. Really looking forward to what they think up for it. :smile:

Nice little feature here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333104/previews/animal-crossing-3ds-guilty-pleasure-gaming/

I'm really looking forward to this now. Haven't played one since the GameCube, and I'm in the mood for that sort of charm again.

Last one i played was Wild World on the DS. Just from that, i believe the Animal Crossing series benefits the handheld market more than the home console.

Last one i played was Wild World on the DS. Just from that, i believe the Animal Crossing series benefits the handheld market more than the home console.

I think so too, for the last one I played was also Wild World, and boy did I play that game to death.

I'm still getting a bit of a 'minor changes'-vibe from this game, but I might just get it.

I'm in a bit of an odd situation with this - Wii U titles aside, this is my most anticipated title of 2012, but on the other hand, I'm also feeling like it has a high chance of ultimately disappointing, as it'll still be too similar to Wild World. I think Nintendo must know that a lot of fans skipped City Folk for this reason, though, so hopefully they'll be filling this with new features to win them back.

If this really is a big change, though, I expect to be playing it for as long as it takes to fill up my insect and fish collection, as I did with the last two I played.

I think so too, for the last one I played was also Wild World, and boy did I play that game to death.

I'm still getting a bit of a 'minor changes'-vibe from this game, but I might just get it.

Oh too true. Played consistently for over a year, more than a few hours per day as well.

New video from Nintendo Direct. A release for the Fall was also confirmed.

During the Nintendo Direct webcast, Nintendo set a release window for Animal Crossing on the 3DS. Called Tobidase Dobutsu no Mori or Leap Out Animal Crossing, the game will be available in Japan this fall.

A release for the Fall was also confirmed.
Be interesting to see if that applies for Europe too. :hmm:

I still think that this is going to be the best AC game in the series. :smile:

Can't wait!

Visuals actually look really nice on this one! Seem perfectly suited to the console.

Could be my first look at Animal Crossing!

It's interesting that the translation of the Japanese title apparently is:

'Leap Out Animal Crossing'

Now I wonder, where should we 'leap out' to?

That seems a bit overly optimistic when it won't be released in Japan until fall, Canand. :p

It would be nice to see a release this side of the holiday season, been playing the DS version again recently.

New video from Nintendo Direct. A release for the Fall was also confirmed.

We have different ideas of what a video is, you and I. :heh:

I wonder what the music will be like in this new AC? This tune here reminds me of Animal Crossing for some reason - makes me picture the New Years Eve festivities in it.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio