NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Wii U [Tech demo]

Zelda-WiiU.jpg

Incredible! :D

Hopefully we'll get a longer trailer released. Gametrailers says they've seen one.

I hope it's a real game. SW looks good, but I actually preferred TPs graphics over SW. I don't like the middleground between TP and WW.

Doubt they'll confirm anything until SS has been released, I imagine it's just a tech demo though, but who knows.

It looks OK in my eyes. I like the style much better that SS and definitely more than WW.

It looks OK in my eyes. I like the style much better that SS and definitely more than WW.

It looks like Twilight Princess with sharper textures and a bit more geometry and bloom.

It looks like Twilight Princess with sharper textures and a bit more geometry and bloom.

And far more scale

Looks great to me. Still want to see some cel shading on this machine before i commit though.

I'd love to see a HD Zelda game that mixed two visual styles together into the storyline, ie like a Light/Dark world or Normal/Twilight realm type thing.

It could be the above, realistic visuals for one world, and HD cel shaded for another world that Link gets to via the usual plot device, mirror or whatever.

Too fan-wanky? :D

What else can you demand? Sure, I agree that it looks a bit too clean, but non the less, I like the direction it indicates.

Just saw a picture that was shown on the conferance I forgot about.

ss10_thumb.jpg

Same game? Although I'm actually surprised if they are working on two games at the same time.

Just saw a picture that was shown on the conferance I forgot about.

ss10_thumb.jpg

Same game? Although I'm actually surprised if they are working on two games at the same time.

yeah thats the menu for the zelda game

it may well all be a tech demo given reggie's interview, but he basically confirmed they are working on something

What else can you demand? Sure, I agree that it looks a bit too clean, but non the less, I like the direction it indicates.

Something radically different. I'm personally not demanding anything. Its the boring same old look that's designed to make you guys get excited. it doesn't take much really. Hopefully it is simply a tech demo. Skyward sword looks nice, but is heavily hampered because of the piss poor hardware it's on.

Looks nice! Really shows off the potential for a Zelda game.

I reckon the tech demo's the work of Retro Studios.

Maybe Nintendo should go look at Tomb Raider and Uncharted to see what people get wowed by graphically.

Mind you, as wowed as I was by the tech demo and the prospect of a Zelda up there with the likes of Uncharted etc... Last time we got a realistic Zelda tech demo...

What we eventually got was...

So it's not necessarily representative! :p

Though it does seem Nintendo are going with Adult Link on the home console now... and we've had...

Wind Waker - cel-shaded

Twilight Princess - 'realistic'

Skywards - 'cel-shaded'

So maybe this tech demo will form the basis of the next Zelda. Fingers crossed! :D

Maybe Nintendo should go look at Tomb Raider and Uncharted to see what people get wowed by graphically.

Fuck me have you posted anything positive today? I've seen 3 or 4 posts all been complaints.

Look at it in motion. It looks incredibly smooth and awesome.

I honestly don't get where the haters are coming from either. If you watch the video H-O-T posted... it looks every bit like it could surpass Uncharted 3 by the time it's released... especially considering this Zelda game is probably 2/3 years away.

Edited by Retro_Link

Considering one is a 30 second demo and the other a half made game. Really stupid contest.

Lol! Wind Waker HD Remake thingy confirmed! :p

I honestly don't get where the haters are coming from either. If you watch the video H-O-T posted... it looks every bit like it could surpass Uncharted 3 by the time it's released... especially considering this Zelda game is probably 2/3 years away.

Haha, we all know whatever this Zelda is, it'll be the swansong game of the Wii U.

We need to stop making this into something more important than it actually is. This was just a rough guideline on what the system can do. A system we haven't properly seen yet or know an awful lot about. A system where Nintendo haven't actually showed off any games for it, yet. So, there's no point in getting into an serious debates, because we know very little.

Also, I always find it unfair when games are compared to each other, rather than based on their own style and merits. I love both UP and Wall-E, both look pretty beautiful to me. Do I care if one looks marginally better than the other? Do many people? I'd like to think that there's a bit more to gaming than just that top surface layer that we all seem to get too hooked up on.

As for this, it looks nice and it shows what potentially is possible, particularly if you see the video on Kotaku where the guy is using the touchscreen on the controller. That playability is making me excited.