NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

So... err... Bayonetta is amazing...

That is all! :D (I am VERY happy with how she was incoporated into Smash! She's ridiculously fun!)

Heh... I bet you guys thought I'd forgotten all about this ;)

Well, nope! Because, as promised, here is that Tourney Highlight video that I promised all those months back! (I may have been saving it for the grand launch of N-Europe's brand new YouTube channel... maybe...)

Be sure to stick around to the end... You might find it to be worth your while ;)

Enjoy! : peace:

So... For those of you who have watched all the way to the end; I am actually planning on booking time off work for this.

I want to actually plan this AHEAD of time this time instead of doing everything at the last minute (I want to test things properly this time ;) ), so I would like to know what days/times would be best for all of you in April.

Let me know when you guys would be free in April, what days of the week work best, if you have any specific days/weeks off, what times during the day would be best for you etc and I will work around you all! : peace:

I do have some extra surprises in store for you all as well. We will probably run three brackets again (For Fun, For Glory, Crazy Smash), but I do have some things planned that I hope pan out as well ;)

I aim to make this more Professional and less PROFESSIONAL!!!!1!1!! this time : peace:

After watching the Direct yesterday I was in the mood to play some Smash. I looked on my shelf and seen Smash Bros. for 3DS starting me in the face. I remembered that I had hardly put any time into the game when I bought it, due to my still rocking my original 3DS and the game running like garbage on it. I fired the game up and found that I had played so little of it that I hadn't even unlocked any new characters! I spent most of yesterday evening just playing the game and working my way through the challenges that were on offer, which is something I have loved doing ever since Kirby Air Ride (I blame my trophy/achievement addiction/love on that game!).  I didn't manage to unlock the second set yet but I made a fair bit of progress with what was in front of me. I doubt I will ever clear them all anyway ( i'm rubbish at Smash ) but it was a joy trying to unlock what I could.

I also enjoyed playing through Smash Run and Classic modes. Both modes offer some nice variety, what with the different routes to take and desperately trying to scramble through various areas in a hopeless attempt to beef up my character before the time limit runs out. My first play on Smash Run was horrendous as the button config wasn't to my liking at all but once I had moved things around a bit ( jump button was in wrong place for me and I didn't like tilting the control stick up to jump ) things went a lot smoother.

I'm honestly quite looking forward to getting in from work and firing it back up again. I'm hoping to at least get onto the second pages of challenges by tonight.

• Thanks 2

I just done a run of Classic mode and was near the end and noticed there were more coins on one of the paths. I decided to take that route and wasn't prepared for the fight against both Crazy and Master Hand. I managed to pull off the win but it took a lot of dodging and use of my shield.

That's another challenge down and I have 5 left to do, two of which are to unlock secret characters. I've still got my 3 golden hammers left, so I could just unlock the other 3 challenges with those.

Well, I didn't end up unlocking all of the challenges last night and that was due to the challenge of getting 3 unique outfits for your Mii. No matter what I done, Smash Run, Classic or Trophy Rush, the things just would not drop. I refused to use a hammer on it either as I had made it this far without needing to use one.

I tried again this morning but I still had zero luck with it. I went out for a bit and once I got back in the house I fired up the game, stuck Classic on intensity 7.0 and ended up getting a bunch of them in one go. It was finally done!

DrE5meEWsAA7sZ0?format=jpg

I clearly need to change the clock on the 3DS. :D Thanks to how long it took me to finish the first panel I had a bunch already done in the second panel.

DrE54KWXcAA2xMD?format=jpg

Time to try and unlock these ones now.

You know, it's creepy. I recently restarted my 3DS Smash file a few weeks back.

I'm on Challenge Board 3 with about 5 more tasks to do.

But what I'm doing now is trying to beat All-Star on hard with every character. I've done everyone on the base roster and Mewtwo. Gotta do it with Lucas next. That'll be cake! I own with Lucas.

EDIT: BTW, something I noticed recently with All-Star mode.

You know how the characters fight you in order of when they first appeared?

Well in the fourth stage, Ness is one of the fighters there, and after him the Gen 1 Pokémon start showing up. You'd think Pikachu would be the first of them lot, but nope. It's always Mewtwo.

If you played through Earthbound Beginnings, that ordering suddenly makes a whole lot more sense in a very subtle way.

Edited by Glen-i

Still missing quite a bit from the 3DS version myself, I never got all the Mii Fighter outfits which is something I really wanted to do, but I don't think I'll get round to getting them all before Ultimate comes out especially due to the random nature of it all and the fact that there are at least two games I want to play and finish before Ultimate comes out, one of which I'm playing at this point in time.

Challenge panel 2 complete.

DrGXAG-W4AEGNri?format=jpg

I ended up using the hammers as I was always go to use at least one of them for the 5 Streetpass challenge and figured I would use the rest of them. The others I used on one of the Streetpass mini game challenges and the 10 hour playtime challenge.

The Master Hand/Core fight was a fun one. I've never battled it before so a lot of the attacks and phases came as a surprise.

Looking at some of the panel 3 challenges I can't see me going for them. A lot of them seem like a bit of a grind and a couple look beyond my skill level, such as beating Classic on 9.0 difficulty. Still, I've unlocked all the characters and stages and it's been fun finally playing this version of the game properly.

Never put much time into the 3DS version myself, mainly because I couldn't really put the effort into it with the controls. They hindered my enjoyment in the game, my hands cramped and the control stick just didn't do it for me.