NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Dat Dirty Dastard! Should have known better. Ubisoft...DLC...Wii U... Don't know whether to :laughing: or :cry:

Rayman Leak is Fake - Interview w/ the Creator

With great power, comes great responsibility. Unfortunately, he decided to use it for evil.

So it was a PR stunt for his Youtube series?

Clever bugger! He's clearly very skilled.

I like the idea of him making Smash 4 style art for characters that aren't in it. It's a really cool idea.

Here's hoping this "Smashified" series is successful. He definitely deserves it.

So I saw this on GAF.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/02/18/masahiro-sakurai-s-super-smash-bros-diaries.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

The snippet that I imagine most of you would find interesting is this.

I know that no matter how hard we work to get lots of fighters in the game, there are always going to be people who only wonder about the characters that aren’t there.

Among them are the Ice Climbers, who were actually in a working stage in the Wii U version during development. However, getting the two of them moving as a pair in the Nintendo 3DS version took a ton of machine power. I had the team innovate a lot to try and get them working, but we had to give up eventually. In fact, also with some of the other fighters we had to keep modifying and modifying until they finally worked.

That comes straight from Sakurai's mouth.

It's a shame that they got left out because of the 3DS' limitations.

But would I give up the 3DS version to have them in the WiiU one?

Not a chance.

EDIT: Yes, anyone could have guessed the 3DS was the reason for Ice Climbers being cut, but it's nice to have some confirmation.

Edited by Glen-i

So I saw this on GAF.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/02/18/masahiro-sakurai-s-super-smash-bros-diaries.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

The snippet that I imagine most of you would find interesting is this.

That comes straight from Sakurai's mouth.

It's a shame that they got left out because of the 3DS' limitations.

But would I give up the 3DS version to have them in the WiiU one?

Not a chance.

EDIT: Yes, anyone could have guessed the 3DS was the reason for Ice Climbers being cut, but it's nice to have some confirmation.

Wasn't this already a confirmed thing since before release? Or was it just rumour/speculation?

Wasn't this already a confirmed thing since before release? Or was it just rumour/speculation?

I think it was rumour/speculation.

I might be wrong, don't quote me on that.

I think it was an incredibly safe bet though.

I think it was rumour/speculation.

I might be wrong, don't quote me on that.

I think it was an incredibly safe bet though.

No, this was confirmed way before it was released. I didn't even know it was being debated anymore.

I'm still debating it.

I think there are other, nefarious reasons behind their exclusion...

I'm still debating it.

I think there are other, nefarious reasons behind their exclusion...

Global warming?

Global warming?

Ha! Brilliant!

I've said it before, but Sakurai doesn't come across as the kind of guy who'd cut something just for the sake of being a jerk.

Global warming?

Amazing!

I can just picture them being stranded on a block of ice drifting out in the middle of the ocean, haha.

Smash Bros Claps WITH REALISTIC AUDIO (Every Character) - GrumpOut

Stupidly funny. :confused:

Has anyone bought this game just to play on their own? If so: got enough fun out of it?

Has anyone bought this game just to play on their own? If so: got enough fun out of it?

I mainly play on my own. I'd say it is still somewhat enjoyable. With no Big story mode like the Subspace Emissary like the last one, you are restricted to pretty much just battles. However, the challenges add a little and unlocking everything will take a little time.

I mainly play through the classic and All star mode with each character, and a lot of 3 stock matches against level 8-9 CPU's and still get enjoyment out of it.

I bought with intention of local multiplayer, but ofc with lack of adapter that ended up being more single-player for a while.*

It's enjoyable, as it is Smash, but for me the content and depth feels a little lacking compared to predecessors. I don't know if it IS lacking, but to me it feels a little underwhelming to what I'd have wanted. That could just be me and age, but who knows.

However! I've enjoyed some of the single, and ofc the online component with people here(I've had very minimal lag with anyone here), and I have a had opportunity of local that has definitely enhanced its value for me. There's 3rd party adapters on the market now too, making local with gc pads more viable.

I'd ask - what do you like/get from Smash? What are you expecting of this?

*having said that I got to borrow an adapter for a Saturday after release, spent a good few hours playing just local with mates and subsequently unlocked most of the characters - may be a bit more incentive if having to do it via single-player instead.

I mainly play on my own. I'd say it is still somewhat enjoyable. With no Big story mode like the Subspace Emissary like the last one, you are restricted to pretty much just battles. However, the challenges add a little and unlocking everything will take a little time.

I mainly play through the classic and All star mode with each character, and a lot of 3 stock matches against level 8-9 CPU's and still get enjoyment out of it.

That's probably quite a good summation. Getting an amiibo of your favourite character(if inclined towards it already, wouldn't say it's worth the cost alone) you can get quite a challenge. My toon link's hit the L50 limit, and he's posing a challenge to both myself, my friends, and even all of us on him at one time!

Possibly of note though - I haven't touched the game for a few weeks now, possibly cos I was just feeling focus on other things - don't feel a great yearning towards it atm though. Sure I'll dip in and out again soon.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

I did, due to not having easy access to online.

I'm happy with it. It's Smash, I love Smash.

While I do think the game suffers from cutting adventure mode, WiiU Classic 8.0 is the most exciting thing I've done in Smash history. It's so insanely tense and brilliantly crafted. I know it's hard, but I highly recommend experiencing the final part of the final boss at least once.

The atmosphere, the amazing music and the sheer unbridled terror of having only one life left culminate in a thrilling rush that ends in bitter defeat or immense satisfaction (Fist risen in triumph optional, I know I did that, not even ashamed).

So, yes. Up the intensity to 8.0, tough it out, and you'll be treated to the greatest single player Smash experience possible. No, not even Giga Bowser in Melee can hold a candle to it.

I would hope there's more intense bosses like this when the next Smash comes around. With more Kirby-style nightmare inducing abominations please!

Bosses are the best bit about Single Player.

While it's lacking compared to Brawl, it's definitely got more content than Melee, so I'd say it's worth your money. (As long as you actually like Smash, of course)

3DS still has better stages though.

I got it primarily as a single player game, as I don't really have anyone local to play against. Then last night, I met up with some friends of a friend who are keen Smash players and got absolutely slaughtered, only winning maybe three matches in the five or so hours we played! So although single player is definitely fun (not that I've even managed to even reach the Master Fortress in classic mode!), I would say that being able to play multiplayer will certainly train you to become a better player.