NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

@kav82 I've just read your Smash Bros Miiverse post about voice chat. Lol at that Robin dude. You should know better than to post on there and get a reasonable discussion/answer. Remember the whole MH headset issue that you posted about? Muppets.

The general Miiverse community are so clueless it's unreal. Haha

Without telling me which characters are unlocked, would anyone be so kind as to tell me what I must to do unlock them?

Without telling me which characters are unlocked, would anyone be so kind as to tell me what I must to do unlock them?

You can unlock most by just battling in Smash. I think every character is unlocked after 100 matches.

Or you can play through Classic with different characters.

Edited by MindFreak

1) clear 100 man smash

2) beat classic with 5 characters

3) beat classic on 5.5 difficulty or higher (if you die the difficulty is lowered by .5 so bear that in mind)

4) KO one enemy in cruel smash

Those are the ones I've unlocked so far.

Can you unlock them all by just doing basic Smash battles? I can't be arsed with everything else.

Can you unlock them all by just doing basic Smash battles? I can't be arsed with everything else.

Yeah. If you want them quick then just stick it on 1 on 1 with one stock and jump off the edge. Think after about 100 battles you will have all the characters.

Oh, by the way, I do intend to make another video of N-Europe Smash moments using the replays I recorded up to the end of 2014. I just need to kick myself into gear and do all that mundane editing stuff. Not gonna promise a date, but hopefully I'll be motivated enough to do it relatively soon! I wonder what Pit has been up to...
This is Maidahiro Sproukurai (um...).

I finally made a second video of Smash moments that I have had with fellow members of n-europe. When Sprougeru Maidamoto and Sproutoru Maiwata watched this video, they both responded with something along the lines of, "Eh, it's ok I guess", which is good enough for me because I'm tired of cutting and pasting clips together! Here it is, featuring moments from matches at the end of 2014!

Whilst I shake my fist over the fact that the update with sharing features still has no release date in sight and cry over the thought that I might have to make a third video one day, why not head on over to the game's online meet up thread and arrange some matches with each other. Be all friendly and stuff! Just remember that although the smashing is but an interactive fiction playing out on your TV screens, the laughter, the tears and whatever feelings in your heart that may appear? THOSE ARE REAL!

…And if you have Skype or whatever, you can tell those feelings to your opponents forthwith. /obligatory voice chat joke

EDIT: Mr-Paul let me know the video was private. It's been well established in the past, but I am an idiot. It has been fixed now. The video I mean. Not my idiocy. That can't be fixed. I'm sorry.

Edited by Sprout

Watching that video really makes me wonder about playing Smash online. I don't think I have ever played a 3-4 player match with items in the game without some kind of lag. I don't play with friends that much (trying to get them interested) but I play a fair few times with randoms and the lag is usually awful. From the looks of your video you regularly get a pretty good frame rate.

:(

Watching that video really makes me wonder about playing Smash online. I don't think I have ever played a 3-4 player match with items in the game without some kind of lag. I don't play with friends that much (trying to get them interested) but I play a fair few times with randoms and the lag is usually awful. From the looks of your video you regularly get a pretty good frame rate.

The footage is actually taken from the replays I've saved, but lag has been a relatively non-issue for the majority of the time I've played with people here. It hasn't been flawless, there's been hiccups, but rarely has it been bad. You should try and have some matches with members here, and if the issues persist then it might be your connection.

If you have a Virgin Media SuperHub, this thread might be helpful, as may the Nintendo Service Center's instructions. Just... throwing that out there.

Cheers, I am using BT Infinity Fibre Optic HomeHub 3 with the lan adaptor on the gigabit ethernet port so I would not have thought I would have an issue. (Certainly solid for other games on the Wii U).

I would play with you guys but I wanted to have the experience of winning a few matches online first. :heh:

When I play Smash online, I get little lag. I'm also connected with LAN Adapter on a Gigabit port though so it's all good.

Managed to play for about an hour last night. Really getting into it now.

Tried a 5.1 intensity Classic run with Donkey Kong, and some weird shit started happening at the end when I fought Crazy Hand. It turned into a black smoke monster and then I had to punch a button which kept resetting? It was like an episode of Lost. I thought I might actually have been tripping. What happened.

Managed to play for about an hour last night. Really getting into it now.

Tried a 5.1 intensity Classic run with Donkey Kong, and some weird shit started happening at the end when I fought Crazy Hand. It turned into a black smoke monster and then I had to punch a button which kept resetting? It was like an episode of Lost. I thought I might actually have been tripping. What happened.

Someone never played the 3DS Smash.

What you just saw was Master Core. Sakurai's new favourite pet boss for Smash 4. Because let's face it, Crazy Hand and Master Hand are a tad easy to predict these days.

Best thing is, you only fought the easy version.

Try beefing up the intensity and prepare for some true nightmares.

When I play Smash online, I get little lag. I'm also connected with LAN Adapter on a Gigabit port though so it's all good.

Do you play randoms or friends?

It says something when you enjoy the fighting against CPU controlled drones whilst waiting for the others to select a character. :heh:

Someone never played the 3DS Smash.

What you just saw was Master Core. Sakurai's new favourite pet boss for Smash 4. Because let's face it, Crazy Hand and Master Hand are a tad easy to predict these days.

Best thing is, you only fought the easy version.

Try beefing up the intensity and prepare for some true nightmares.

Indeed, i don't have a 3DS...

So will that appear every time i do 5 intensity, or did i do something special/different?

So will that appear every time i do 5 intensity, or did i do something special/different?

It will appear every time, but it gets more forms when you put the intensity higher. One of them is just... well...

I'm not gonna ruin the surprise. Find out for yourself.

I'd wholly second Sprout's post, I've had rather little lag with folks from here(though some minor pockets at time, but as Sprout says nothing majorly bad) - not played much with randoms online though.

I have to say - like Sprout mentioned, I really wish there was more social to this game. Not just voice chat(had to leave other day for a bit, and it's hard to communicate, it didn't seem anyone else had voice chat on - and as I understand if you don't have it on you won't hear anyone either?) and whilst I could whatsapp my mate to let him know, I couldn't easily tell Calv that, bar using a shitty taunt in my last match(which also takes up a taunt text, they really should have given more than 4).

Sharing would also be nice - replays, stages, etc. having a big online repository where you can get stuff and whatnot, see popular stages/replays etcetc. This game really does feel quite dated in terms of its online functionality at times.

One thing I am slightly hooked on however - Spectating. Namely gambling on spectating. I spent hours gambling/half watching matches whilst I was watching telly the other eve - it's really gonna make it look like I've played Smash more than I have! Regardless, I'm hooked. Limit bet of 100 coins per match, with a return of 2.0x-10.0x, but the odds are based on the player's previous performances etc. Worth a look if you're bored...but try not to get addicted!

Yeah it always appears as Glen says, though can vary at higher ones. A question I do have about it though if @Glen\-i or anyone else knows - what happens if you don't actually destroy the ball in time? I recall one time I was being a bit slow and then it started moving a bit...I panicked and destroyed it but curious what'd have happened if I hadn't?

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

It will appear every time, but it gets more forms when you put the intensity higher. One of them is just... well...

I'm not gonna ruin the surprise. Find out for yourself.

Ha! Like i'm ever going to get that far...

Yeah it always appears as Glen says, though can vary at higher ones. A question I do have about it though if @Glen\-i or anyone else knows - what happens if you don't actually destroy the ball in time? I recall one time I was being a bit slow and then it started moving a bit...I panicked and destroyed it but curious what'd have happened if I hadn't?

I won't tell you what, but it does do... something. At least, it does on the 3DS Version. I think it'd be more fun to find out for yourself.

Is it...is it going to kill me? I don't wanna waste all that time getting there for it to kill me!

Is it...is it going to kill me? I don't wanna waste all that time getting there for it to kill me!

I'll never say! Never!

[TWEET]557738958499880961[/TWEET]

Super Smash Bros. Melee will also be at the event which takes place from July 17 - 19.

One thing I am slightly hooked on however - Spectating. Namely gambling on spectating. I spent hours gambling/half watching matches whilst I was watching telly the other eve - it's really gonna make it look like I've played Smash more than I have! Regardless, I'm hooked. Limit bet of 100 coins per match, with a return of 2.0x-10.0x, but the odds are based on the player's previous performances etc. Worth a look if you're bored...but try not to get addicted!

Yeah i did some of this tonight. Great fun. Especially since it kept showing me the same two or three fights over and over. I was like Nostril-damus!