NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Wow @Wii, you actually managed to post that without making a derogatory comment, kudos. :heh:

Ha ha! When I seen that POTD this morning I thought you would like it alright. It didn't cross my mind to knock it. If people like it, good for them. Variety is the spice of life or maybe I'm in a good mood this morning despite my copy of Smash still not arriving yet. :)

quick question about amiibos.. how should they best be trained? Mine is better than me... and better than a level 9 cpu, but can they be trained more effectively.. so not all level 50's are equal? I know feeding them can change those 3 stats, but aside from that...

also, on the 3 stats side of things, are some characters better optimised to have stronger attack/higher speed/better defence? or is it purely down to what you want your amiibo to be like?

or do we just really not know enough yet? :wtf:

quick question about amiibos.. how should they best be trained? Mine is better than me... and better than a level 9 cpu, but can they be trained more effectively.. so not all level 50's are equal? I know feeding them can change those 3 stats, but aside from that...

also, on the 3 stats side of things, are some characters better optimised to have stronger attack/higher speed/better defence? or is it purely down to what you want your amiibo to be like?

or do we just really not know enough yet? :wtf:

Maybe reply to this with spoiler warnings, though I'm somewhat intrigued by the amiibos for sure. Can you wipe/retrain them at any point btw? I'd be interested in some background about training and effects if you do have it, @Glen\-i posted earlier in the thread).

Btw @DuD - I opened a support order with Flubit on Monday, got a reply from Fireworks(who is Flubit essentially afaik, and had an interesting little e-mail signoff*) who said my estimate delivery was actually Monday-Today. I'm hoping this means they have confirmed dispatch, though my account still says awaiting dispatch. I've e-mailed for further confirmation of dispatch and if it isn't attempted delivery at my parents by today then I am going to be heading over to Game for a solo copy :(

Fears confirmed @DuD...they've gotten onto their supplier and they don't have any stock. I might try Hero's way and setup a ShopTo order just hoping it comes in or something. Bloody Flubit. This is why I asked them on bloody monday!! Two days to get a frickin answer that's exactly what I asked if it was in the first place. Grr.

Smash GameCube controller was £39.99 in GAME today, up from £24.99 last night. Insanity. Should have grabbed one yesterday when it was still reasonably priced, aghhhhhh.

That's shit

I thought the wait wouldn't bother me seeing as I still have 3D World and Tropical Freeze in their wrappers from months ago, but I really wanna get online with C.Fal and maidens after reading everyone having fun.

Gonna have to put it out of my mind and wait.

Will they have to honour the price I've already paid if I wait, or can they cancel and refund my order?

Smash GameCube controller was £39.99 in GAME today, up from £24.99 last night. Insanity. Should have grabbed one yesterday when it was still reasonably priced, aghhhhhh.

I've seen the official one was £39.99, but the 3rd party/weird ones that plug into the wiimotes were £24.99 - what price were they before??

ShopTo not even listing the gamecube adapter bundle atm. I don't think anywhere's fucking stocking it. Super poor show by Nintendo. I've bought a solus copy in game and will borrow my mate's adapter for Saturday, but this has seriously put me off the game and Nintendo - I wanna be playing it and having a proper laugh with my mates, and that's not gonna happen without a fucking adapter and shit online/a console no one wants to fucking buy.

I've seen the official one was £39.99, but the 3rd party/weird ones that plug into the wiimotes were £24.99 - what price were they before??

The character ones were priced the same as the official branded Smash one last night, £25, they stayed the same today though. Maybe they misplaced the branded one...and it would've scanned at £40 anyway, hm.

ShopTo not even listing the gamecube adapter bundle atm. I don't think anywhere's fucking stocking it. Super poor show by Nintendo. I've bought a solus copy in game and will borrow my mate's adapter for Saturday, but this has seriously put me off the game and Nintendo - I wanna be playing it and having a proper laugh with my mates, and that's not gonna happen without a fucking adapter and shit online/a console no one wants to fucking buy.

Get it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-GameCube-Controller-Adaptor-Nintendo/dp/B00O9QW4JQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417633775&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecube+adaptor

Only £15 once added to basket :) Now to order myself a copy of the game! :D

You guys are going to kill me haha

Got my Gamecube controller today and have been playing with it. I think I prefer GamePad/Pro Controller. This one just feels too rigid :/

I find my old Gamecube controllers slightly unresponsive, but the button layout is far more intuitive, I keep flittering between the two but always end up back at the GameCube pad. Was hoping a new one would have the responsiveness the old ones don't, but I'm not gonna find out for under £40 it seems.

Still so butthurt about that price rise. Wow. Need to grow up.

Edited by Guy

That's shit

I thought the wait wouldn't bother me seeing as I still have 3D World and Tropical Freeze in their wrappers from months ago, but I really wanna get online with C.Fal and maidens after reading everyone having fun.

Gonna have to put it out of my mind and wait.

Will they have to honour the price I've already paid if I wait, or can they cancel and refund my order?

Only just seen that sorry. Tbh I'm not even sure what happens - I mean they've taken my money but I don't have a product and they can't tell me anything about dates/times, it's only cos I've pushed I got anything. I've re-organised my evening to look for stock elsewhere but really I don't know if it's possible to find, so I'm gonna keep my order for now with them(and despite my ranting I've stated this to them). I've asked them who their supplier is, but I doubt they'll tell me. They theoretically could refund us, or you could arguably demand they honour the price - not sure the precedent on that, especially if they can't supply the order within reasonable time. I have bought the game from a high street store with plans to return it when this order arrives, and I'll borrow a GC adapter off my mate for the weekend but I won't do much local mutli without my own otherwise. I'm being a bit hard on Flubit atm, but tbh I'm not being wholly unreasonable, so hopefully it might get something done.

Soz for keep mentioning you, I realise that hasn't probably helped, but just wanted to keep you abreast of what I got from them in case you were still expecting it and then don't get it in any good timeframe.

I find my old Gamecube controllers slightly unresponsive, but the button layout is far more intuitive, I keep flittering between the two but always end up back at the GameCube pad. Was hoping a new one would have the responsiveness the old ones don't, but I'm not gonna find out for under £40 it seems.

Still so butthurt about that price rise. Wow. Need to grow up.

What're you comparing here? The old GCs vs what, the plugin ones to the wiimote?

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Nah, no worries on the mentioning.. Thanks for keeping me informed :)

Think I'll send them an email Friday and see if i can get an updated delivery estimate.

I'll let you know if / when I get anywhere.

What're you comparing here? The old GCs vs what, the plugin ones to the wiimote?

I don't have any that plug in via Wiimote, comparing legit official GameCube pads via the GameCube adapter for Wii U.

Wouldn't go near the character branded ones. They look a bit too third party for my liking. Cool idea though and hopefully they play fine.

All four of my old school official GameCube pads just feel a bit sluggish in Smash Wii U, especially the main stick. I think the deadzone is different to modern sticks or something technical like that.

The precision of the main stick is slightly off in a way that doesn't seem as apparent on the Gamepad or Pro Controller, so I assume it's just a difference in the way the actual controllers work or have been built - Cube pads are pretty old now, mine especially, but the layout still feels the best for Smash.

Was wondering if the newer Smash branded official GameCube pads are a bit finer tuned than the old ones, but that's probably just wishful thinking. Could all be down to the age of mine. They are over 10 years old. Anyone compared the old and new ones?

The actual GameCube controller itself is a pleasure to hold again after all this time too, like an extension of my hand. Wish Nintendo had continued developing that design for later systems than abandoning it for the more generic stuff they use today. Pro controller feels alright, but it's no GameCube pad.

Just seen this after amiibo thread. Game really abusing people aren't they. Their actions are disgraceful.

I don't have any that plug in via Wiimote, comparing legit official GameCube pads via the GameCube adapter for Wii U.

Wouldn't go near the character branded ones. They look a bit too third party for my liking. Cool idea though and hopefully they play fine.

All four of my old school official GameCube pads just feel a bit sluggish in Smash Wii U, especially the main stick. I think the deadzone is different to modern sticks or something technical like that.

The precision of the main stick is slightly off in a way that doesn't seem as apparent on the Gamepad or Pro Controller, so I assume it's just a difference in the way the actual controllers work or have been built - Cube pads are pretty old now, mine especially, but the layout still feels the best for Smash.

Was wondering if the newer Smash branded official GameCube pads are a bit finer tuned than the old ones, but that's probably just wishful thinking. Could all be down to the age of mine. They are over 10 years old. Anyone compared the old and new ones?

The actual GameCube controller itself is a pleasure to hold again after all this time too, like an extension of my hand. Wish Nintendo had continued developing that design for later systems than abandoning it for the more generic stuff they use today. Pro controller feels alright, but it's no GameCube pad.

Nvm, you were comparing the GC vs Pro pad, or GC on Smash 4 vs Brawl/Melee? I hadn't realised earlier because I didn't see the post you were responding to with yours. Are you saying you find the pro pad more responsive than the GC, but the GC has better layout?

Also for those having/discussing stock issues, feel free to keep it here but I made a discussion thread for it as I think it's interesting whilst not being stricly game relevant(especially if, like some of us, you don't actually have the game yet).

Pic of the day. To train your amiibo, it's important to give them hands-on time in battles. If you play against your amiibo with the same character, you can act as its teacher and help them learn moves easier.

That said, it's also important to "feed" your amiibo equipment so you can make them stronger and give them special abilities.

zlCfzSt5p5s0xf3QUs

The effects in red show when a special ability will have a negative impact, but this is not necessarily a bad thing since the equipment might raise your amiibo's overall stats. It's also important to note that there's a limit on how much you can level an amiibo no matter how much you keep feeding it. However, you can change their balance of attack, defense, and speed.

zlCfzSt5qAk0fMVCoc

Seriously, guys, just play with the Pro Controller - it works absolutely fine and requires only a little in terms of getting used to. Then you can buy the GC Adapter later when it comes in stock again if you still want it.

Nintendo apparently underrated the demand for the adapter and will most likely be producing more as we speak - it's a money machine for them, no way they won't try to meet the demands.

Seriously, guys, just play with the Pro Controller - it works absolutely fine and requires only a little in terms of getting used to. Then you can buy the GC Adapter later when it comes in stock again if you still want it.

Nintendo apparently underrated the demand for the adapter and will most likely be producing more as we speak - it's a money machine for them, no way they won't try to meet the demands.

That's all well and good, but I don't think it's going to work for most people with one of Nintendo's biggest local multiplayer franchises of all time.

Relevant actually - even the Pro pad was rather poorly stocked according to some. How easy are those to get these days? There's a clear reason they didn't take off either and yet demand for the GC adapter/bundle is through the roof - people want to play with the GC pad. I don't see why I have to get shafted by Nintendo and pay more for the GC adapter separately when I've ordered a bundle that won't be arriving soon - what did I do to make it my fault to miss out on something other people got?

I think it would work for most people. They just need to give it a chance. I fully believe the adapter will come in stock again (as I said, Nintendo has foolishly underestimated the demand) so it's just a temporary solution to the problem. I also think that many people actually have the Pro Controller - at least most who was going to buy Smash in the first part.

You didn't do anything. You were of course unlucky which happens to some people - most people throughout life. :) Of course it's not the best solution, we agree, but at least you'd be playing the game here and now - isn't that better than not playing it?

ShopTo have finally shipped my game plus GC controller bundle, they must have only recently got them in stock as it's the only reason for such a delay, they were still happy to take payment for it about four days or so ago though. :indeed:

But anyway yeah, just glad its shipped. :)

I think it would work for most people. They just need to give it a chance. I fully believe the adapter will come in stock again (as I said, Nintendo has foolishly underestimated the demand) so it's just a temporary solution to the problem. I also think that many people actually have the Pro Controller - at least most who was going to buy Smash in the first part.

You didn't do anything. You were of course unlucky which happens to some people - most people throughout life. :) Of course it's not the best solution, we agree, but at least you'd be playing the game here and now - isn't that better than not playing it?

So how does it work when I've only got one pro controller and 5 mates :p?

You'd need a shitload of Pro Controllers, Wiimotes, 3DS's and GamePads? :P Or hope that one of the mates has an adapter.

I don't have a Pro controller. How does it play on a wiimote?

So how does it work when I've only got one pro controller and 5 mates :p?

I've barely got mates with a Wii U - and certainly not my regular Smash Bros, which comes all the way back to my original rant/problem. For just solo, I'll survive with a propad or even anything as below, but for local smashing it isn't gonna cut the mustard giving my mates a control scheme they aren't used to nor able to practise outside of our own smash sessions. Anyone who doesn't get a Cube pad, maybe followed by Pro Pad, will call unfair disadvantage, which I couldn't even disagree with really.

I don't have a Pro controller. How does it play on a wiimote?

I have actually played Brawl with just a wiimote, and also with wiimote+nunchuck(and ofc GC pad) - never classic controller or owt as I didn't have one.

Marcamillian plays with just the Wiimote and does quite well with us, I didn't give it much time, felt like I just couldn't do the things I wanted with it. I played with wiimote+nunchuk for a while at first with Brawl, and whilst I found it better than just the Wiimote, I still felt limited -no c-stick smashing, though could use directional waggles to smash, the nunchuck c-stick feels a bit more...limited? Ended up mishitting directions sometimes etc. For me I can play with them, but my best is with a Cube pad. I will look forward to trying both the Gamepad and the Propad when I eventually play Smash 4, but I still think the ultimate control method will be the Cube pad - simply because it mostly always has been.

Edited by Rummy