NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Just been playing this (and Mario Kart) in local multiplayer. Yes we did 8 man smash. It was insane.

Looking forward to some online games against you guys!

You know, the Wii U Pro Controller actually feels a bit more responsive than the old GameCube controllers. Might be because they're old, or maybe because the newer pad is superior. Never thought I'd say that in a billion years...

I'm using the Pro pad and getting along ok but I want the accuracy of the GC controller. A couple of times I've tried to down-smash and accidentally side-smashed... wouldn't happen with a GC controller. Why didn't they stick with that design :(

So how many people here have actually managed to get copies of the game+adapters? Chokepoint seems to be the adapters. I'm worrying.

So how many people here have actually managed to get copies of the game+adapters? Chokepoint seems to be the adapters. I'm worrying.

I'm still waiting on mine to dispatch from Amazon... also no 19th Dec e-mail either... still says 1-3 Dec... :(

My bundle arrived yesterday. My Link Amiibo did not (should arrive today hopefully...)

Just been playing this (and Mario Kart) in local multiplayer. Yes we did 8 man smash. It was insane.

Looking forward to some online games against you guys!

Lucky sod! I haven't had the chance to do 8 player Smash yet (had to settle for a mere 4 player one yesterday); hopefully it won't be too long till I can rustle up 7 of my friends to play Smash!

Nothing beats local multi! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I'm still waiting on mine to dispatch from Amazon... also no 19th Dec e-mail either... still says 1-3 Dec... :(

My Flubit is 'awaiting dispatch' and says estimate Tues-Thurs this week, but I'm rather scared that isn't true. One big problem I'm finding in actually trying to find this in brick and mortar is the rather lacking WiiU presence on the high street. Just called a local indie and they're not even stocking it!

My bundle arrived yesterday. My Link Amiibo did not (should arrive today hopefully...)

ShopTO or elsewhere?

I've played it for four hours so far. It's a good game, but I really miss the Sub Space Emissary, that was the best bit of Brawl. I loved the story and all the cutscenes.

The game is a little manic for me and I think it could do with some tutorials!

My Flubit is 'awaiting dispatch' and says estimate Tues-Thurs this week, but I'm rather scared that isn't true. One big problem I'm finding in actually trying to find this in brick and mortar is the rather lacking WiiU presence on the high street. Just called a local indie and they're not even stocking it!

ShopTO or elsewhere?

Shopto.

On a related note. The Ninty UK store actually delivered my copies of Pokemon ORAS on Thursday! Nintendo (well, ok The Hut really) actually ended up breaking their own street date :laughing:

Bought the Cube controller from Grainger Games, my adapter hasn't arrived yet though. :(

Cancelled the bundle from Shopto.

My gamecube adapter bundle version has still not arrived shopto have let me down, Are there any other retailers still selling this bundle ?

My gamecube adapter bundle version has still not arrived shopto have let me down, Are there any other retailers still selling this bundle ?

Well considering the bundles are going online for over £90, I'd say not!

Did you get it? I got mine from Zavvi at 11am.

4pm I got mine :| guy knocked, by the time I got down stairs I was able to catch him just about to write that he'd dumped the game behind a plant pot.

I got mine yesterday

I've unlocked one character, my nephews were playing together this morning and unlocked a further 3 for me :D

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost

Man, I knew I was terrible at Smash but not THIS terrible. I'm having a lot of difficulties performing the Up B recovery, sometimes it just won't register when it actually should. Because of it, I'm doing fine until the final boss and losing lives and, therefore, bonuses. And I'm only at intensity 3.0!

Got my adapter this morning from shopto. :)

Don't know who to blame for this mess but its here now so I am happy. I can wait for the GCN controller as I have several lying around.

Amazon let me down hard! It didn't arrive on Friday so i called up to find out why, i was then promised it would arrive today and guess what nothing... so i went to town and got it from Argos £40 whereas GAME were selling it for £50 lol. It was without the gamecube controller adapter, bloody thing sold out everywhere i went. Pro controller will do for now.

Played some Smash last night, i'm pretty happy using the Pro controller over the GC pad. Adjusted the controls a bit to suit myself and i'm playing fine. Made some more adjustments to what music should be on what course and how frequent it should play.

Overall gameplay-wise, i'm impressed. I love the Amiibo stuff, having my Yoshi teaming with..........well, Yoshi was interesting.

Don't know who to blame for this mess but its here now so I am happy. I can wait for the GCN controller as I have several lying around.

A bit annoyingly, I looked for my controllers yesterday... and they have gone awol. I can only find my purple/transparent one and my wave bird :|

Good enough for now, but I am a bit perplexed, I've looked just about everywhere I can think of... no sign any where :( I had been hoping for 7 player smash games next week, but I guess not

Has anyone had the game lock up on them at all?

I was playing home run contest the morning and the TV screen and gamepad went black and it made a loud and long beep and forced me to turn the Wii U off.

It's really nice getting to play on the big screen after the 3DS version and with a much better controller to boot but I still get lost so easily in those 8 player matches.

In team match, how do you steal a team mates life? I was playing with my nephew who died but then he announced he had come back... and I had lost a life. I checked after the match, no SD's or falls.. nothing :/

In team match, how do you steal a team mates life? I was playing with my nephew who died but then he announced he had come back... and I had lost a life. I checked after the match, no SD's or falls.. nothing :/

I think you press start. I think is been there since Melee or 64.

I'm actually doing so badly it's affecting my enjoyment :( I really don't know if it's my controller, but the times where double jumping fails to occur is really pissing me off. It's the leading cause of most of my deaths, and tends to happen a lot on the final boss if there's any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

Worked my way up to 5.0 intensity, but the boss knocks me all the way down to 3.5 each time.

Regarding the late deliveries of the Smash Wii U and adapter bundle. I think they arrived late at the retailers. Even on Smyths website where they leave everything to the last minute, the game was available to pre order the day before but the bundle was only available yesterday afternoon to order. I don't know what it's like in the UK but the impression I have is it didn't bolt out of the gates here in Ireland. There's plenty of stock everywhere. Nintendo has been bad here for a long time. Playstation owns the market. Per Capita, Ireland is one of Sony's best markets.

On a side note, The Late Late Toy Show was on TV last night, it's a huge deal. @Mokong will know what I'm talking about. When they got to the console section, Wii U was on for about 20 seconds, never mentioned by name and guess what they were playing on it? The Wii version of Skylanders. What a disappointment, it could have been a huge opportunity for massive exposure. I'll see if I can find a clip. Minecraft was shown, I think on XBOX and PS4 got a lot of time and mentioned by name with Ed Sheeran doing some Singing game on it.

Can't find any clip for the Wii U but you can see it to the left of your screen in the above clip. Skylanders? No mention of Wii U? Where was Smash, Mario Kart or Mario himself, Donkey Kong? Anything but what was shown. A Wii game box on display as well just to confuse people and in the tiny presentation just for good measure, they were using a remote and nunchuk while the gamepad sat on the table. It was a complete failure.

Still haven't seen a Smash Wii U ad on TV either.

Edited by Wii

If Zavvi are to be believed, they dispatched my adapter bundle on Tuesday, so I don't think they were released particularly late in the UK, taking Zavvi as an example, unless Zavvi happened to have a quicker turn around from receiving them from Nintendo to dispatching them to customers...

What the .

Dark Pit? I have never played Kid Icarus and never intend to but this is very disappointing. Four FE skins and now even an Kid Icarus skin? Literally!The fact Golden Sun is still not represented is a huuuge disappointment.

Edited by Tales