NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

What does the little

Mac down and b do He flashes? I assume some sort of dodge or counter move ?

Would you not recommend Mac for big stages with items then ?

Down B is a counter attack. He's OK as long as you don't have to jump lol, trust me his air attacks have very little range and powerl it's nearly impossible to hit anyone with them.

Really worried about the content over the two games... I don't want to get everything int he 3DS version and be bored by the Wii U even though the Wii U version looks a hundred times better... Tempted to ease of playing the 3DS version a little to be honest and wait for the Wii U version... If I had willpower then I think it's far better to have waited for the WIi U and pick this up at the same time!

This is a concern that's been expressed a few times on a couple of Nintendo podcasts. Do they let you unlock all the characters you have already got on the 3DS version or do they make you trawl through unlocking them again?

I had a crack at online the other night while waiting for the guys on here to finish their current Fifa game ( lostmario heard Link through the headset :) ) and it was a laggy mess. It started off fine but turned into a slowdown fest by the time the match had ended. Hopefully the Wii U version will be better.....

A lot of people have started rolling and grabbing in 'For Glory'. Some just wait for your to approach, dodge then grab. Rinse & repeat. Cheap tactics man.

Really worried about the content over the two games... I don't want to get everything int he 3DS version and be bored by the Wii U even though the Wii U version looks a hundred times better... Tempted to ease of playing the 3DS version a little to be honest and wait for the Wii U version... If I had willpower then I think it's far better to have waited for the WIi U and pick this up at the same time!

Well both versions have their own unique content (stages, modes, trophies etc) and they're designed to be played together, so I don't think you have anything to worry about on that front...

... speaking of which, look at what some hackers managed to dig up from the 3DS game's code...

A possible sneak peak at some of the Wii U exclusive content? Would explain the need for 8 different costumes for each character (and the Wii U does support up to 9 controllers at once, plus 3DS consoles as controllers on top of that...) ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Well both versions have their own unique content (stages, modes, trophies etc) and they're designed to be played together, so I don't think you have anything to worry about on that front...

... speaking of which...

A possible sneak peak at some of the Wii U exclusive content? Would explain the need for 8 different costumes for each character (and the Wii U does support up to 9 controllers at once...) ;)

I don't doubt it's worth having both versions, I'm just saying seeing all the pictures of the trophies and characters, it would be much more of an amazing experience seeing this first on the Wii U; the shine will be lost if you've seen 3DS versions of pretty much everything.

This is a concern that's been expressed a few times on a couple of Nintendo podcasts. Do they let you unlock all the characters you have already got on the 3DS version or do they make you trawl through unlocking them again?

I had a crack at online the other night while waiting for the guys on here to finish their current Fifa game ( lostmario heard Link through the headset :) ) and it was a laggy mess. It started off fine but turned into a slowdown fest by the time the match had ended. Hopefully the Wii U version will be better.....

Yeah, it's more the impact of how stunning the WIi U version is I'm worried about diminishing, but how this works is really important. The ideal is it unlocks each other's content but there is enough new content in the Wii U for it to feel like there's stuff to do. But we know it has the same character roster and that's the most exciting thing!

8 FUCKING PLAYERS!!!

If that ends up in the Wii U game... OH... MY... GOD!!

THE SHEER INSANITY!!! :bouncy: IMAGINE!! :o

Bomberman Blast and Mario Party 7 will finally have some 8 player company at my house! :D

Edited by Dcubed

8 FUCKING PLAYERS!!!

If that ends up in the Wii U game... OH... MY... GOD!!

THE SHEER INSANITY!!! :bouncy: IMAGINE!! :o

Bomberman Blast and Mario Party 7 will finally have some 8 player company at my house! :D

Would be nuts, can't even imagine the chaos. :o

Pretty sure it'd be limited to local multi though. :hmm:

Explains why every character has 8 alts now, though.

Edit: Oh, you already mentioned that :p

Would be nuts, can't even imagine the chaos. :o

Pretty sure it'd be limited to local multi though. :hmm:

Yeah probably. They're struggling to get 4 players working online, 8 players online is just...

laughing-puppets-o.gif

8 players? That's insane. Although it would explain why there are least 8 alts for everyone.

Edit: These icons are in the game, too

gf0MsNO.jpg

Edited by Cube

A lot of people have started rolling and grabbing in 'For Glory'. Some just wait for your to approach, dodge then grab. Rinse & repeat. Cheap tactics man.

The way I deal with them is if I think they'll dodge through me I'll do a down smash to get them as they recover and if they're going to dodge away from me I'll keep walking into them then get them as they recover.

8 players? That's insane. Although it would explain why there are least 8 alts for everyone.

Edit: These icons are in the game, too

gf0MsNO.jpg

If the 3DS is used as a controller, then maybe the screens will actually show the player icons (after all, you activate the controller functions from within the game itself, so why not show something special on the 3DS' screens while you play?) - which explains why the icons would be in the 3DS version, despite it being a Wii U exclusive mode ;)

Also since the game isn't being played on the 3DS, they could use the top screen to show the extra 4 character icons, alleviating the problem of having to squash more character icons onto the 3DS' bottom screen ;)

The voice clips might also play out from the 3DS speakers as well as from the TV too, explaining why they're in the 3DS game... (or it could just be left in as a mistake :p )

Edited by Dcubed

Shopto have it all pre-orderable. GCN controller is £22, adapter is £18. Bundle with adapter is £46 and the bundle with Mario amiibo is £48

Mario Amiibo is available for £10 though, so that puts smash at £38, if the adapter is £18 that makes smash £28, no? Tempting nevertheless, I was tempted by the Amiibo bundle tbh, but the adapter looks a better deal... just got to price it all up in my head and figure out just how much I want that adapter

Mario Amiibo is available for £10 though, so that puts smash at £38, if the adapter is £18 that makes smash £28, no? Tempting nevertheless, I was tempted by the Amiibo bundle tbh, but the adapter looks a better deal... just got to price it all up in my head and figure out just how much I want that adapter

Essentially, the adapter is £7 at ShopTo.

Edit: ShopTo have upped the price.

Edited by Cube

Thought to myself that it was strange that we haven't had an online meet up thread for this game yet. So I made one. It'll totally be popular, just like all those other online meet up threads! Maybe use it? Please? I even did a little thing in Photoshop just for you lot...

I was actually about to change my mind and not create the thread, but my finger slipped and pushed enter soooooo....

Yeah, looking at the cheapest price for the game, 37, shopto listing comes up as 50, so the adapter is £13, as is the amiibo. So is the adapter worth £13 to me.. probably not in all honesty.

£45 for the game + adapter at Zavvi.

Set up new account with code "WELCOME" for £40.49.

(I'd still rather spend £6 more at ShopTo)

So, what's everyone's best score in Cruel Smash?

Mine is...

...1 KO. :laughing:

And that was only possible by trying this:

Are there any other cheap tactics for that mode?

I haven't tried Cruel Smash in this one yet, but Kirby was always a favourite of mine in Brawl and Melee...

Dat down B-up B combo :laughing:

I was just thinking, if the Wii U version is indeed 8 Player, I wonder if it'll be possible to connect 2 GCN controller adapters to a single Wii U system? :heh:

Include USB hubs/hard drives and LAN adapters, and the thing is gonna end up looking like a 32x. :D

I was just thinking, if the Wii U version is indeed 8 Player, I wonder if it'll be possible to connect 2 GCN controller adapters to a single Wii U system? :heh:

Include USB hubs/hard drives and LAN adapters, and the thing is gonna end up looking like a 32x. :D

GCN Adapter uses 2 USB ports

So, what's everyone's best score in Cruel Smash?

Mine is...

...1 KO. :laughing:

And that was only possible by trying this:

Are there any other cheap tactics for that mode?

I've got a pretty great tactic.

What I did... Was take a golden hammer and smash open that damn challenge panel.

Screw Cruel Smash and it's ridiculously overpowered opponents! A guy can only be beaten up by his mum so many times...

From the comments:

"Before people get too hyped about 8-player Smash, it's probably just a rebranding of Brawl's Rotation mode, which to my recollection had a cap of 8 players And I guess Tower of Smash is dead, given there's no reason for these Wii U exclusive clips to still be in the 3DS code, but not the TOS stuff. Either that or they're leftovers from earlier in development. Really interesting finds regardless."

I've got a pretty great tactic.

What I did... Was take a golden hammer and smash open that damn challenge panel.

Oh man... I hope you saw how much harder the other challenges were before you did that. I was able to get 9 KOs using Ike's counter on my first try, and it would've been a waste of two hammers for me to use on both the 2 and 4 KO challenges. I'm already contemplating using hammers on the second panel for the Street Smash challenges since I'm likely to be the only guy in my country with a 3DS--let alone a copy of Smash Bros. on it. And before you say it, yes, I know I can create a StreetPass relay using my PC. But I'm lazy.