NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Ya it only works in Multi-Man Smash mode and you've to be Yoshi. Your opponent can be anybody.

Not really that much of an issue then. Who uses Egg Lay anyway?

The screenshot potential is high though!

There's actually around 20 glitches that have been found already. Diddy Kong for example can escape the hitstun from any move/item, so if you hit him, he effectively gets a free hit back on you.

Wario can also be OHKO'd by certain characters due to the bizarre nature of his grab escape (if you grab him and let him escape, he escapes into the air and is effectively 'frozen'). I believe Little Mac can KO him from a grab at 0%.

Hopefully these will all get patched out.

I preordered this earlier today. Realised I didn't have the 3ds version preordered and that yes, yes I do want it :heh: so sorted myself out.

Now the wait. Can someone confirm if Ness is in the 3ds version though? Either via PM or spoiler box for those not wanting to know.

Thanks!

I preordered this earlier today. Realised I didn't have the 3ds version preordered and that yes, yes I do want it :heh: so sorted myself out.

Now the wait. Can someone confirm if Ness is in the 3ds version though? Either via PM or spoiler box for those not wanting to know.

Thanks!

Yes Ness made the cut.

Thanks!

... is in the game.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ness_(SSB4)

Thanks to both.

I swear I told you this!

I KNOW I told you this!

This thread is too large for me to trawl through it though. So I can't be bothered to go through all those pages.

Yep. Same. Though I always knew i was going to get it, I'm more excited now. I do worry it may dampen the Wii u version but oh well!

Anyone live in London/east London fancy having a smash meet up?

Which bit you in? I'm not 100% on the 3DS version yet, though I've not done myself a proper hands on yet. I'd be interested to get little get togethers...together, though. The meltdown thing I went to last night was fairly low key but pretty cool, met some nice folks and makes me wanna try and get things together on Smash in the future.

Not really that much of an issue then. Who uses Egg Lay anyway?

I know you're joshing - but I should add that I would! My mate has said for a long time that Yoshi is useless, or at least not special enough, but I disagree on an unexplainable front that I can win matches with him but I wouldn't really be able to tell you why. Now, I was playing melee for the first time in years last night, with 2 of my mates and a random stranger, and he reiterated these thoughts. I didn't particularly 'set out' to prove him wrong but took Yoshi and won the match - when I'd not been doing very well all night. So...don't know 'em til you know 'em :p

(having said that I'd rarely choose to play as yoshi really)

I swear I told you this!

I KNOW I told you this!

This thread is too large for me to trawl through it though. So I can't be bothered to go through all those pages.

You did Glen you did! But I didn't know if there were exclusive characters to each version! Hence my question about 3ds. :)

I do wonder if it's perhaps a bit TOO subtle on Wii U?

I can imagine missing those outlines in the heat of battle...

Which bit you in? I'm not 100% on the 3DS version yet, though I've not done myself a proper hands on yet. I'd be interested to get little get togethers...together, though. The meltdown thing I went to last night was fairly low key but pretty cool, met some nice folks and makes me wanna try and get things together on Smash in the future.

Well it's not that difficult to get anyway so pretty flexible but I live in dalston and my office is in bethnal green. Always heading in central though!

Im working away for a few days now, get back and smash is pretty much out! I'm getting the digital version of this, definitely the kind of game I want permanently on the machine.

Still waiting for the Western page to update. But going from a translation:

One piece today. In 3DS, team color was expressed in framing. So, is as? Photos in Wii U version. It is a little thin in the photograph, but the strength of the border with respect to the screen does not change, the more far away, it stands out that is better fighter is displayed in a small size.

Oh! So that's why it's so faint in that pic!

That's pretty clever, but he should've posted a far away pic as well to demonstrate how it works... Tsk tsk Sakurai :p

I do wonder if it's perhaps a bit TOO subtle on Wii U?

I can imagine missing those outlines in the heat of battle...

Maybe there's an option to increase the lines, as there is on the 3DS version? Or, as Sakurai states, the lines will be more visible when zoomed out, so I guess it's gonna be okay.

It's just a small thing, but I will really enjoy playing in my favourite costumes even in Team Smash. Sooo looking forward to friday :D

Pic of the day. In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look.

Seems that Shopto have taken their money. Guess it'll be sent tomorrow and potentially arrive on Thursday.

DELICIOUS.

Edited by Guy

Looks like Shopto have taken my money. Says they're shipping on October 1st so it'll be here on Thursday.

Sakurai explains why Smash Bros. 3DS doesn't support the CPP:

“Supporting the CCP requires the use of some of the CPU’s processing load. From the information received during the development of Kid Icarus: Uprising, this is a quite large load at around 5%. Kid Icarus: Uprising and Smash both use the maximum capability of the device, so we had to abandon the idea of CCP support. With the New 3DS, we were able to support the C-Stick as the processing power is increased and it is not a peripheral device.”