NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

€41? Is this one of those instances where they translate game prices as 41 Euros = 40 USD, or does that mean I'm going to pay what €41 amounts to in USD? If that's the case I'm going to have to order another eShop card to my country.

You guys don't have credit/debit cards or something? The option to top up to exactly as required over here is certainly much friendlier than fixed points for fixed amounts.

Question for everyone, who do you plan to main?

I'm going for Little Mac, Pit, Palutena, Robin & Lucina.

Well I'm currently reading through this thread where there are some character changes being discussed: http://smashboards.com/threads/sorry-for-crashing-smashboards-im-zipzo-today-i-played-the-release-build-of-smash-4-ama.366574/

Random to start, then maybe try a few favourites, then eventually end up back on the random. I'm of the opinion that playing with everyone gets you more used to what's coming from the competition.

You guys don't have credit/debit cards or something? The option to top up to exactly as required over here is certainly much friendlier than fixed points for fixed amounts.

I have a credit card, but like most companies Nintendo doesn't accept money from paying customers living outside the first world. You can only pick from a handful of countries when setting up your eShop account, and any credit card you use from then on must have a billing address in that country; forcing me to rely on mailing eShop cards across continents.

Regardless, I looked at how much Gamestop is selling the game for on its website and I found the price was... $40. I'm pretty relieved.

zlCfzSbEJvQiiAN0qN

Pic of the day. In Classic mode, a roller spins before every stage to determine your reward. Rewards in red are for customization, green ones are trophies, and yellow means precious gold. Of course, if you raise the intensity, the abundance of these rewards will increase quite a bit, too. You can be rewarded in every stage, so in that way this mode might be a little more generous compared to previous games in the series.

zlCfzSbEJ6M8cAwV7J

And here's the results screen. It shows what you gained in each stage, but you won't be rewarded until you clear it all. If you mess up in the middle, you can lose some of them too. The fighter icons are special attacks, and icons like the shield are equipment. The icons that say Mii on them are hats and clothes for Mii characters. Icons that show characters on a stand are trophies, of course, and the coins are gold you earned.

I have a feeling we'll have a last veteran reveal before release. Someone like Wario or Ness.

Famitsu have given Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS 37/40. Broken down, 10/9/9/9.

Didn't Famitsu give Nintendogs 40/40? Dunno why people still care about their review scores.

Didn't Famitsu give Nintendogs 40/40? Dunno why people still care about their review scores.

Yes they did. They also gave Skyward Sword 40/40. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It won't do any harm whereas a bad score would and it's the first review score for the game.

man, this is released in Japan on saturday and I am gonna be so tempted to download.

I have told myself to wait for EU release but this will be some huge struggle.

zlCfzSbPcx4oB8ipAC

Pic of the day. Users in Japan, you can now download the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! You can pick among 5 fighters with which to play. The stage is Battlefield, and the rules are fixed. There will be a few items and assist trophies available too. You can battle via local wireless, so have fun battling with your friends. For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version.

zlCfzSbPdFwADdGHpX

The only mode available on the demo version is Smash, but I also left open a feature called Tips. Just remember to tap that button. You'll figure the rest out once you do.

So we are getting the demo then!

Surprised that they actually feel the need to release one at all TBH (same for the Pokemon OR/AS demo)

Surprised that they actually feel the need to release one at all TBH (same for the Pokemon OR/AS demo)

Been playing it this morning. It's quite good. Takes some getting used to. I'm only owning as Pikachu and Mega Man at the moment.

Been playing it this morning. It's quite good. Takes some getting used to. I'm only owning as Pikachu and Mega Man at the moment.

I'm looking at some of the advance techniques you can pull off with Pikachu...

Holy mother. I hope to god he's amazing.

Also, judging by twitter, the competitive community seem to not only really like the game but also think it's very balanced. This is basically the opposite of Brawl already lol.

What characters are in the demo?

Edit. Looks as though combos are definitely possible, just like in Melee and 64.

Dat Mario.

Edited by Goron_3

I'm looking at some of the advance techniques you can pull off with Pikachu...

Holy mother. I hope to god he's amazing.

Also, judging by twitter, the competitive community seem to not only really like the game but also think it's very balanced. This is basically the opposite of Brawl already lol.

What characters are in the demo?

Edit. Looks as though combos are definitely possible, just like in Melee and 64.

Dat Mario.

Just Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man, and the only stage is Battlefield, either in normal mode with items or Final Destination without

Just Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man, and the only stage is Battlefield, either in normal mode with items or Final Destination without

Awesome :) That's pretty sweet actually. Hopefully we'll see it soon given how much we now know about the game.

Out of interest, how is Pikachu's recovery with the 3DS analogue pad? Easy to sweetspot the edge?

There will be a Pokemon demo!? When?

There will be a Pokemon demo!? When?

Next month in Japan. Corocoro magazine is giving out a code to download an OR/AS demo (no word on whether it will be available on the eShop otherwise though).

No word on a western release for the demo though...

I think this is the first game I've been aware of from Ninty that has a proper demo. Excellent news for testing out the controls before making the full purchase - I wasn't sure whether or not to get the 3DS version or to wait for the WiiU, but demo will make that decision for me! What are the first impressions of the controls from those that have played it?

I think this is the first game I've been aware of from Ninty that has a proper demo.

I remember the DS also had demos, if you connected it to the Wii. Though the only Ninty games I remember were Mario Kart and Brain Training (the rest were 3rd Party)