NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Well this is all fuckin fabulous with all these screen shots and shit. But the question still remains.

WHERE IS NESS

:cry: :cry: :cry:

He's in, don't worry. Lucas isn't though, much to my dismay.

The only thing I'll be reading up on when the Japanese game is out is how the old characters have been updated for the new game. I don't want to spoil the rest of the game for my self

I told myself I wouldn't keep up with these daily posts after the kind of ruined Brawl for me but I think it's too late :p

It doesn't help that they're much harder to resist this time around with the likes of twitter and miiverse. I won't read a thing about the Japanese release though and I purposely didn't listen to any of the music when it was posted (apart from the Nintendogs song which I'd been sent, which is beautiful)

I'm gonna try block most of it out until release now. Might unfollow Sakurai

He's in, don't worry. Lucas isn't though, much to my dismay.

My thoughts on the information contained within this spoiler tag...

Well I can't attach a crying with happiness GIF coz of the 'bish internet browser in work. Just know that I'm crying with happiness. Sad for Lucas as he has cool hair, but he was never as good as Ness - God love him.

My thoughts on the information contained within this spoiler tag...

Well I can't attach a crying with happiness GIF coz of the 'bish internet browser in work. Just know that I'm crying with happiness. Sad for Lucas as he has cool hair, but he was never as good as Ness - God love him.

I'll have you know that Lucas was my main in Brawl. Something about his more potent attacks appeal to me more than Ness.

Plus, his up and down smashes don't completely suck.

I think this is shaping up to be an excellent entry in the series and I'm please Shulk has made it in too. I am really looking forward to the special edition unveil!

I'll have you know that Lucas was my main in Brawl. Something about his more potent attacks appeal to me more than Ness.

Plus, his up and down smashes don't completely suck.

No but his left and right smashes did. Unlike Ness's delicious baseball bat. *salivates at prospect of beating people down with said baseball bat*

No but his left and right smashes did. Unlike Ness's delicious baseball bat. *salivates at prospect of beating people down with said baseball bat*

Well, we can't have Lucas having all his moves be more useful than Ness, otherwise Ness would be redundant.

I also like Lucas' slower, continuous PK Thunder.

I tend to do more damage with it.

Not that I'd ever say Ness is a bad character, because he isn't. Far from it.

I just like Lucas' tweaks better.

I still enjoyed using Lucas don't get me wrong. But Ness has always been my favourite with his move set. Big fan of the PK fire into an opponent and as they burn get a quick baseball bat in. Plus, PK thunder directed back round to catapult yourself back into stage... One of my favourite things in Smash.

I'm excited now!

I've not pre-ordered it as of yet, what i am waiting for is the first chance to cash in them GAME virtual loyalty points and then i'll pick up a copy. It's about time i was rewarded.

Game is looking sweet, and like many of you i've avoided many places and spoilers as i don't want to know what's in and what's out.

A cursor above an assist trophy or Pokemon? Awesome.

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel on it. Sometimes there would be certain moments/items where no one was really sure who/what was whose, and that made for interesting times. What's the real need for this update/change? Just dumbing play down a little bit more. You can't do well enough to keep track of an item you threw? Your problem.

Edited by Rummy

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel on it. Sometimes there would be certain moments/items where no one was really sure who/what what whose, and that made for interesting times.

Yeah, you got a point.

I retract my comment. It's a shitty idea.

Hmm I have to disagree. It's certainly not dumbing it down anyway, IMO. Even if there is a cursor to say what it is, it's not gonna tell you what it does... Which will keep the level of mystery / intrigue.

I like the idea. I may see something that I think "ooooh that sounds dangerous" and end up blowing myself off the stage with it. :laughing:

So hush ya mouth drahkon! :p

It can get pretty chaotic with 4 characters and multiple items active on the stage at the same time. Maybe it's there to help new players ease into the game.

Honestly though I don't really mind.

So hush ya mouth drahkon! :p

:blank:

If the online is any good...I will own your ass. Then you can hush ya mouth. :blank:

If the online is any good...

I'll stop you there. :nono:

:heh:

I will own your ass.

Also, you can't say this to a gay guy. :laughing:

I'll stop you there. :nono:

:heh:

:p I really hope the online will be good...

Also, you can't say this to a gay guy. :laughing:

I. WILL. OWN. YOUR. ASS.

no homo

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel on it. Sometimes there would be certain moments/items where no one was really sure who/what what whose, and that made for interesting times. What's the real need for this update/change? Just dumbing play down a little bit more. You can do well enough to keep track of an item you threw? Your problem.

Oh come on, it's like everything is "dumbing down", nowadays. What does that even mean? And what would "dumbing up" be? So many questions.

But surely, the certainty of knowing who's the owner of a stray reflected Pokéball is a boon? Even the one who reflected it is not sure.

And then there's the small 3DS screen to take into account.

Oh come on, it's like everything is "dumbing down", nowadays. What does that even mean? And what would "dumbing up" be? So many questions.

But surely, the certainty of knowing who's the owner of a stray reflected Pokéball is a boon? Even the one who reflected it is not sure.

Are you really asking what dumbing down means, and trying to find some opposite for it? This isn't a thread for English but for one - dumbing up just doesn't exist, similar to how one might 'cut down' yet to 'cut up' is a completely different phrase. Maybe you could say smartening up to oppose dumbing down? Here I however use the phrase in the context/meaning along the lines of 'making easier for x or removing agency from the persons etc' - if you truly struggled to understand my meaning. Admittedly my post had a couple typos, but I don't think that affected it much.

And no, I don't think that's a boon at all - I think a reflected('stray' or not) pokeball is often hilarious. Not only do I think it hilarious, I think it also highly effective. I think it not always an easy thing to do, thus unexpected by opponents and sometimes leads to an excellent strategy and thus one great tool in my arsenal being completely removed from me.

Did I just hear 'nice try!'? Wait what, was that a franklin noise? Hold on, did that just get tipped by Mario's Cape/fox's shield etc? Oh crap, we both threw pokeballs - which was mine and which was theirs...? I've even known balls to be caught after being thrown and used by someone else - some people foolishly assume once thrown it's theirs.

People then sometimes rush to/in the direction of their pokemon/assists* and don't bother trying to avoid it if they 'know' its theirs - erroneously believing this by missing something in the match can obviously be of detriment to opponents, affecting the battle.

Of note - I find of those I've played Smash with - Assist Trophies and Pokeballs are popular items, if they appear/people hear their noise, they've much more often than not attempted to get them before the competition. I think that potential to turn it back on the user(again, not what I'd call a common occurence) is a small point of balance completely negated by this feature. I sincerely hope there's an option to have it turned off.

*I often clump assist trophies together with Pokeballs because I think of them similarly as these 'random' containers of NPCs, ofc the major difference is that unless I'm mistaken assists aren't as reflectable, if at all(they don't 'hit' players like a pokeball does).

Edited by Rummy

zlCfzSZrvO834qGdjt

Pic of the day. Until now, you were only able to choose from four, or sometimes five or six colors for each character. This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from! The first four color schemes for Samus are based off her Varia Suit, Fusion Suit, Gravity Suit from Super Metroid, and the Dark Suit.

zlCfzSZrvVkcoohaCX

…And here she is in the color schemes of the Gravity Suit from Metroid Prime, Green Samus (a regular in the Smash series), the Light Suit, and Dark Samus. A total of eight colors.

zlCfzSZrva8WJVa74q

You can choose between four male and four female Villagers to play with. The designs for their faces and clothes are different. And here are the four Villagers we haven't shown you yet.

That's awesome!

Makes sense that they'd do this when you consider that they have male/female variations of several characters, so they get 4 each...

Im for the surprise element, it just makes things more hectic. Hopefully there will be an option to turn it off.