NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Sakurai said they were struggling to get the Ice Climbers programmed onto the 3DS version back at E3. That said, DLC could be the way to go
:)

If Ice Climbers are missing from the WiiU version because of 3DS problems I'mnot gonna be happy! Always loved playing with them.

Has anybody noticed/checked if there are any other missing Brawlers?

If Ice Climbers are missing from the WiiU version because of 3DS problems I'mnot gonna be happy! Always loved playing with them.

Squirtle is out (likely replaced by Greninja), Snake is out and so is Lucas. Incredible, so is Falco...

That said, the person who initially leaked footage said there were 5 characters which would be made available via DLC, so Lucas may still return.

I'm disappointed Falco isn't returning as he was my main character in Melee... but Villager and Little Mac have my attention so I probably wouldn't have used him this time round anyway. There's still Fox I guess.

Edited by The Peeps

This game is entirely built up from the Brawl engine. The only things that are different in terms of the mechanics are the weight of the characters (slightly heavier) and then the landing lag for each character, which is re-programmed on a case by case basis.

I thought Sakurai said that they take just as much work as newcomers?

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Squirtle is out (likely replaced by Greninja), Snake is out and so is Lucas. Incredible, so is Falco...

That said, the person who initially leaked footage said there were 5 characters which would be made available via DLC, so Lucas may still return.

The ones that are supposedly out are Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pokémon Trainer, Lucas, Wolf, Snake and Ice Climbers (Falco could be seen in that roster).

Even though I think the shown roster wasn't final, I wouldn't trust the DLC claim either, as that strikes me as incredibly specific information that doesn't make much sense, and just reeks of being made up. There could be DLC, but not based on the leaker's info.

Also, Greninja replacing Squirtle? Claims that new characters take somebody else's spot are ridiculous enough, but that one is just bizarre! :heh:

I thought Sakurai said that they take just as much work as newcomers?

I really wouldn't take anything Sakurai ever says seriously. In terms of balancing they do take time but that's it really.

The ones that are supposedly out are Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pokémon Trainer, Lucas, Wolf, Snake and Ice Climbers (Falco could be seen in that roster).

Even though I think the shown roster wasn't final, I wouldn't trust the DLC claim either, as that strikes me as incredibly specific information that doesn't make much sense, and just reeks of being made up. There could be DLC, but not based on the leaker's info.

Also, Greninja replacing Squirtle? Claims that new characters take somebody else's spot are ridiculous enough, but that one is just bizarre! :heh:

The last one is just an assumption based on the the fact that it would allow them to have 1 water type, one fire tyres and one grass type, but we don't know there is a grass type start yet so I could be completely wrong :heh:

I definitely agree that the roster isn't final :)

On another note, there will be a Smash Direct on Friday and the footage has been taken down from youtube...

lol.

Also, Greninja replacing Squirtle? Claims that new characters take somebody else's spot are ridiculous enough, but that one is just bizarre!
:heh:

Clearly, they've replaced one ninja water type Pokémon with another ninja water type Pokémon!

tmns.jpg4w35HYW.png

I'm still upset that Squirtle (and Pokémon Trainer) won't be in the game, by the way.

*sigh*

All I wanted was for Squirtle to be buffed :( Squirtle was always my favourite starter.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Direct. They're always good, and I'm looking forward to the music, and whoever is the newcomer they're showing next.

Some things about these leaks

All-Star mode is locked, which means not all characters are in the leak.

Another thing to remember is that this person says stuff without picture evidence - the people leaking this stuff may also lie about some things (I think this leaker admitted that he made up the DLC stuff). With that in mind, there is someone who claims to know about other new characters (which haven't been shown in any evidence):

http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg

The only reason I'm posting that is because it was posted before the latest videos and images, and Shulk and Bowser Jr's attacks are correct. Another interesting thing is the thing with Bowser Jr's alternate costumes being the Koopalings, who (from what I can tell) have never used the clown individually. Yet, despite this, there is a trophy of one of them in the clown (which further supports that this person has seen stuff in the game).

However, like I said, they could also be making stuff up on top of knowing some real things.

Why would Nintendo have DLC already planned before it's even released? Like some of the planned DLC doesn't make sense. Ice Climbers you'd expect to be part of the retail list(I've heard rumours of difficulty programming their 3DS movement, if it's true then the game isn't complete and they've have rushed its release) and Snake has no right returning to Smash. If he's confirmed as DLC I'd nearly boycott the game in protest. Konami have given us nothing this generation and we got no console Metal Gear games since Gamecube and that 1 game only happened because Nintendo paid for it.

The actual footage must be real and confirms the earlier leaks last week.

They may be rushing the 3DS version out and I already think the Wii U version is going to suffer sales wise because of this.

Sakurai must be p1ssed as hell about the leaks. I wonder will it change this mornings Pic Of The Day and for the rest of the week.

Apparently the leaker works at Nintendo, they know who it is, they're sacked and sued!

Yeah he's lucky he's not dead! Nintendo Ninjas caught this fool quickly.

reggie-iwata-running-at-each-other.gif

[TWEET]504050828097753089[/TWEET]

You know in the videos their profile character was called ESRB0083. I wonder if that's how they caught him. If so he's incredibly stupid.

I think if the DLC characters are true, they're being withheld until the Wii U release so that the entire roster isn't spoiled by this/the 3DS release

I think if the DLC characters are true, they're being withheld until the Wii U release so that the entire roster isn't spoiled by this/the 3DS release

That's good thinking. Very possible.

zlCfzSXcLdMccaVs2k

Pic of the day. Spectator Mode is available even on the compact 3DS version!! In this mode, you can watch players all around the world fight and make bets with in-game gold. Wager wisely by checking out the player names, rules, win rates, odds, fighters, and stage!!

zlCfzSXcLvEIpuhj-d

Being able to cheer someone on is what really makes spectating matches fun. This time, 1st and 2nd place will get prizes in four-player matches, and spectators can bet the gold they win on Bonus Chances.

Hilarious that I thought I wasn't going to get the 3DS version. What a moron.

(I'm in America on release. How often do U.S. 3DS carts work on UK 3DS's?)

Hilarious that I thought I wasn't going to get the 3DS version. What a moron.

(I'm in America on release. How often do U.S. 3DS carts work on UK 3DS's?)

About once every never.

Yay! Spectator mode!

That was great fun for when you wanted some downtime entertainment! :yay:

I wonder if they allow spectator mode for local wireless matches too? (4 people playing and 4-12 people watching)

Apparently the leaker works at Nintendo, they know who it is, they're sacked and sued!

Bill Trinen found him:

Screenshot-2013-07-18-at-1.48.26-PM-665x360.png

If new characters as DLC is going to work, then the main game will require an update to "add them to the disk" in order for to use them online.

If they charge for the new characters they should make the DLC cross console, it sucked with One Piece Unlimited World Red where you could only play the DLC on the console you bought it for.

Something I noticed in the trophy descriptions is they referred directly to the Mother series rather than Earthbound, is this something they've done before? I honestly can't remember.

*sigh*

All I wanted was for Squirtle to be buffed :(Squirtle was always my favourite starter.

This guy knows how to be the very best, like no one ever was.

giphy.gif

I have more to contribute to the discussion than Squirtle GIFs, I swear. But I keep thinking my opinions are stupid and dumb and not worth mentioning. Think I might just wait 'til release and give my thoughts on the game around then.

This guy knows how to be the very best, like no one ever was.

giphy.gif

I have more to contribute to the discussion than Squirtle GIFs, I swear. But I keep thinking my opinions are stupid and dumb and not worth mentioning. Think I might just wait 'til release and give my thoughts on the game around then.

(More Squirtles please)

Is it just me or is there something still slightly wrong with Palutena? I feel like it's her colour saturation... she looks like a Brawl Assist Trophy rather than a character...