NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

That was Namco, not Capcom.

I don't even know who Shovel Knight is.

Oh, I thought Capcom helped as well. Dunno where I got that idea from.

No Snake? Isn't MGS5 coming out soon?

I think that's precisely why Snake isn't coming to Smash ;) (well, that plus the whole MGS3 3D backstab :p )

Same reason why Rayman blatantly got cut (those trophies aren't there for no reason ;) )

No way...

https://twitter.com/GAMEBrighton/status/636926216642121728

CNbRBI-WIAAD37C.jpg

... this rumour can't be real... surely?

Can it!?

I mean, it isn't counted as a Smash Bros series Amiibo, but I can't imagine it being put out JUST for Shovel Knight right now...

Edited by Dcubed

Although they all use parts that you don't have in Mario Maker. Hints at Mario Maker DLC?

Woah!! I can't believe it!

SLOPES!!

... oh, wait... Never mind...

Brilliant idea for a stage! Smash Wii U really needs more crazy stages like this (the hand is just the cherry on top too. Hilarious :laughing: )

Today's DLC

Stages

Super Mario Maker - Wii U & 3DS - £2.29 each or £3.19 for both games

Pirate Ship (Brawl) - Wii U - £1.79

Duck Hunt - 3DS - Free

Mii Fighters

Business Suit

Fox Set (Starfox) (Gunner)

Captain Falcon's Outfit (Brawler)

Toad (Brawler)

Viridi Set - Kid Icarus (Sword Fighter)

Hunter Set - Monster Hunter (Sword Fighter)

Rathalos Set - Monster Hunter (Sword Fighter)

Well that's an awesome surprise! (and a stark reminder of how we would normally have gotten a surprise Direct to go along with it...)

The SMM stage is amazing BTW! Way too much fun! (Too fun for the For Glory players :p )

Well that's an awesome surprise! (and a stark reminder of how we would normally have gotten a surprise Direct to go along with it...)

The SMM stage is amazing BTW! Way too much fun! (Too fun for the For Glory players :p )

Agreed. I also love Pirate Ship so much. It's easily one of my favourite stages of all time.

CQJb2qZWgAA3aNM.png:orig

Funny how most of my favourite stages are ones competitive/For Glory players bitch about :p

Awww... Molgera Theme from Wind Waker is nowhere to be seen...

That's a pity. In fact, most of the music used are from other stages in Smash... Stages are still great though!

And that Mario Maker title remix is dope!

It's nice Nintendo are continuing to support this game, the Mario Maker stage is excellent.

Isn't surprising really, the ballot is about to end/already has ended, isn't it? So it shouldn't be a surprise that some space for new characters is being made.

Time to squish that 3DS character select screen!

I really don't know how they'll fit more on the 3DS screen :p but yes, exciting news! And I love the new levels, Mario Maker is one of the most fun and inventive since Melee.

I love everything about Smash 4 but the one complaint I had is that none of the levels get quite as crazy as in the Melee days (Rainbow Ride, Poke Floats) possibly as a result of all these competitive smashers, so Mario Maker made a nice change :D

Note that there were only two character placeholders before the new update was issued.

It would seem that Sakurai has already had 2 characters in mind before the ballot even ends and this update has added another placeholder.

Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

Smash hype certainly is the best hype!

So the Shovel Knight amiibo is apparently compatible with Smash Bros...

CRAMBxMU8AAX21K.jpg:large

That seemed to be an error on Nintendo's site. It listed all amiibo as working on Smash including Toad and Chibi Robo

Been playing a lot of this again recently - it really is very good. There's such a polish to it all.

Anyway I thought I would try out some DLC and my word it's pricey! The MK8 DLC was so cheap I feel as if they've tried to make up for it with this. Downloaded Mewtwo, Ryu and a few stages - only to realise I cannot use Mewtwo properly at all.

Favourite characters = Charizard/ Robin/ Game&Watch.

Well that was unexpected... :blank:

Final Fantasy representation within Super Smash Bros.

CTpUxJwWcAAXrL4.jpg

So... when's Final Fantasy VII remake coming to Wii U then Nintendo? ;)

In all seriousness though, out of all the characters... certainly unexpected. :D