NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I still haven't decided if I like Leffen or not. He's a bit of a dick but kinda hilariously sometimes, I dunno.

I think it's quite an unpopular opinion but I quite like Hungrybox, he seems a genuine guy and less interested in the drama than some of the others. Plus, Jiggly makes a difference to the spaceys that dominate the top 5. His Smash4 doubles with Zero was crazy:

I REALLY hate Mango. He's such a tosser - for example when Hbox came to sit and commentate with him Mango decided to run away and leave the stream silent instead. I don't get why he hates him so much apart from the fact that he's just a wanker.

Edited by Gizmo

Cut content from Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS.

Coming from Source Gaming...

1. Rock Pikmin were planned but ultimately put on hold. It’s unknown if development had begun on these Pikmin, but they likely would have been added had there been more time. Rock Pikmin would have been heavy with short reach but high attack power.
  2. Co-op play was planned for Smash Run, but the 3DS’s processor was unable to display multiple fighters on the same screen, so the mode was dropped.
  3. Co-op power-ups for Smash Run were also scrapped alongside co-op play.
  4. Sakurai initially considered including four versions of each Special. One slide displays Mario launching a double fireball, a feature not present in the retail version.
  5. He also considered adding special rules to 4-on-4 Team Battles, similar to the multiplayer mode in Kid Icarus: Uprising, Light vs. Dark, but no such features were implemented.
  6. Mii Fighters’ Specials were originally going to be included as in-game rewards (much like other characters’ Custom Specials), but they ended up as default content.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/03/cutsmash4/

So can anyone explain to me the use of amiibo in this game?

Lets say that I buy one (because I do actually want one) - what does it add to Smash?

Anything? I could look it up but I'm sure you guys will give me the honest truth of whether it's worth it or not, so!

:)

So can anyone explain to me the use of amiibo in this game?

Lets say that I buy one (because I do actually want one) - what does it add to Smash?

Anything? I could look it up but I'm sure you guys will give me the honest truth of whether it's worth it or not, so!

:)

It basically gives you a CPU version of that character which you can train up and use in multiplayer fights.

It's quite complex in the ways you can teach the Amiibo, but personally, I think it's a bit lame and not much fun at all.

I suppose if you were really competitive, it provides you with a tougher opponent than Lv 9 CPU's, but I can't even beat Classic 9.0 without losing a life!

It basically gives you a CPU version of that character which you can train up and use in multiplayer fights.

It's quite complex in the ways you can teach the Amiibo, but personally, I think it's a bit lame and not much fun at all.

I suppose if you were really competitive, it provides you with a tougher opponent than Lv 9 CPU's, but I can't even beat Classic 9.0 without losing a life!

Okay thanks! I have just been checking out some YouTube vids of amiibo support with Smash (the official Nintendo video is so bad its good ha) and I kinda get it now.

The only thing I don't really like is that if I did buy an amiibo to do the training thing with it'd be Ness. But from having a quick search he's kinda impossible to find and extortionately priced everywhere. :blank:

I think I'd enjoy the game without amiibo anyway, but I liked the idea of levelling it up and using it outside of just my Wii U.

So I've got this now - what do people use controller wise?

Because I'm having a terrible time here trying to settle on something.

In GAME tonight where I got this from they had the GC Smash controller on sale for £20 which I picked up to buy before realising I need the adaptor for the GC ports too which wasn't anywhere to be seen and I remember being a bit like gold dust?

I literally cannot deal getting the bloody Wii mote and nunchuck out just for this game and finding batteries and what not for it, but that's the only set up I can work with as the pro controller isn't doing it for me. :shakehead

So I've got this now - what do people use controller wise?

Because I'm having a terrible time here trying to settle on something.

In GAME tonight where I got this from they had the GC Smash controller on sale for £20 which I picked up to buy before realising I need the adaptor for the GC ports too which wasn't anywhere to be seen and I remember being a bit like gold dust?

I literally cannot deal getting the bloody Wii mote and nunchuck out just for this game and finding batteries and what not for it, but that's the only set up I can work with as the pro controller isn't doing it for me. :shakehead

The adapters are easier to get now if that helps: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-accessories/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u/11028551.html

Thanks @Ike

I may look into getting one of these them. It's all a bit pricey for one bloody game!

Also, anyone know why Classic and All Star mode wouldn't let me play with the pro controller? It only worked with gamepad?

Couldn't see anywhere to change it?

Thanks @Ike

I may look into getting one of these them. It's all a bit pricey for one bloody game!

Also, anyone know why Classic and All Star mode wouldn't let me play with the pro controller? It only worked with gamepad?

Couldn't see anywhere to change it?

You might need to set up controls for your name.

If not, then don't use the Gamepad at all once you boot it up, otherwise it sets the Gamepad as player 1.

Thanks!

Getting to grips with it now.

Loving trying out all of the characters. Sonic feels much better this game, bit tighter I think.

Shulk is really good and sword wielding characters are not normally for me.

Like Palutena. Ness is still incredible.

Need to try and unlock some!

Thanks!

Getting to grips with it now.

Loving trying out all of the characters. Sonic feels much better this game, bit tighter I think.

Shulk is really good and sword wielding characters are not normally for me.

Like Palutena. Ness is still incredible.

Need to try and unlock some!

Shulk is probably my 2nd favourite character, after Lucas, (who has improved quite a bit! PK Freeze is actually useful mow!)

It's all about knowing when to change stats. You can even activate a Monado art when you're sent flying! Switching to jump is a very useful trick to get back easily.

Shulk is probably my 2nd favourite character, after Lucas, (who has improved quite a bit! PK Freeze is actually useful mow!)

It's all about knowing when to change stats. You can even activate a Monado art when you're sent flying! Switching to jump is a very useful trick to get back easily.

You lost me on the last sentence. I only just turned it on Glen-i!! :heh: Ha.

I'm looking forward to trying Lucas. Never really liked him before but we'll see.

Glad I finally bought this though. Was really in the mood to play it and have had a blast this evening on it.

Not really into the new characters (Lucas, Roy and especially Ryu). But the stages are pretty decent, i like battling on them. Havn't had much of a chance to play on the WiiU version, have been primarily focused on the 3DS edition. So that Miiverse stage (the one with the random messages that pop up from various people), hardly seen it. But it is a good idea none the less.

Not sure how much delivery is from the nintendo store, but I used flubbit on amazon's price and got an adapter for £18 with free delivery.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Sprout ain't so special no more! It's only a matter of time before I 100% this.

In case you're wondering, I did it with Yoshi.

I know, right? Yoshi!

Thanks Yoshi!

Dat bloody midair down-A :laughing:

Dat bloody mid-air down-A with health stealing ability!

It's broken beyond belief!

If you were to complete Classic mode with all characters (Classic mode sucks compared to Melee, btw) do you get anything special? Or just the knowing you've done it?

I'd like to work to something other than self appreciation. :laughing:

Same with All Star Mode etc.

Thanks!

If you were to complete Classic mode with all characters (Classic mode sucks compared to Melee, btw) do you get anything special? Or just the knowing you've done it?

Thanks!

One of the challenges is to clear Classic with every character on at least 7.0. (Only need to do Charizard and Lucario)

And another one requires you to do All-Star on hard with every character. (I just Golden Hammered that)

Be very careful with the Golden Hammers. They are very precious and should only be used when you're getting near the end of the challenges.

Sprout ain't so special no more! It's only a matter of time before I 100% this.
I don't think I was ever special, I just had plenty of free time and few other games to play. =P /Wii U joke

That said, congrats, that one can be a pain to tackle! But unless you only have the Regal Crown left to get, then the actual "hardest" challenge is...

jRy8QHE.png

tCPTM5t.gif

Thanks!

You can find a list of the challenges and what you can unlock for completing them here. This isn't like the days of Melee where you had to clear Classic or Adventure with everybody to get Mr. Game & Watch, so aside from the challenges Glen-i mentioned, all you're gonna get out of clearing Classic and All-Star with everyone are the fighter trophies. If the prizes aren't worth it for you, then there's no need to bother.

Oh, and if you have someone you can play the game with locally, you can partner up with them for Classic and All-Star and cut the time it takes to collect those trophies in half. However, you'll only unlock the short fighter ending movie for whatever character player 1 is.

Here's a reminder of the type of movie I'm talking about. I miss that taunt...

Tournament mode, new Mii Fighter costumes and DLC stages to come on July 31st

CLEErKlUcAAqBwm.jpgCLEErSuUwAEO93P.jpg

CLEEbKKUAAAwWhL.jpg

Mii Fighter Costumes to come too

CLEFC92VAAAKcJ0.jpg

King K.Rool is in Smash...

CLEFNIBUYAA8d6h.jpg

Chrom

CLEFWwKVAAAASnv.jpg

Replay uploads also confirmed for this update.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Are the stages for free or paid DLC?

Paid DLC. £1.79 for one console or £2.69 for both

Hey! Chrom finally got his wish to get into Smash! :laughing:

Really seems like Sakurai is trolling so hard.

Maybe these Mii Fightert costumes are high placing ballot entrants that he can't quite make work in Smash.

Maybe these Mii Fightert costumes are high placing ballot entrants that he can't quite make work in Smash.

If Ridley ends up being a costume, I'll know that you're right on this one ;)