NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Y'kno, I'm very tempted to support @markderoos campaign and submit a vote for the almighty Wart! When does the ballot close?

On the site it says 03/10/2015.

Would that be 3rd of October then?

Perhaps NINTENDO will hold another Smash Tournament at E3 and announce the front runners so far?

I'm still undecided.

My heart says Ridley, but my heart also says Paper Mario, Fawful, Count Bleck, Amaterasu, Rayman, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Wart, Wolf, Impa (Skyward Sword), Groose, Vaati, Linebeck, Tingle, Skull Kid, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Professor Layton, Professor E. Gadd, Simon Belmont, Wonder Red, Goemon, Bomberman, 9 & 18 Volt, a Rhythm Paradise character, Takamaru, Sami or Grit (Advance Wars), Gandrayda or Ghor(Metroid Prime), and Boo.

Edited by Fused King

On the site it says 10th of April.

Perhaps NINTENDO will hold another Smash Tournament at E3 and announce Sakurai's picks there...

That's a fair shout, actually.

I hope they have another tournament. Watching last years with fellow N-E peeps was awesome.

What's with all the Goku proposals on Neogaf? :laughing:

----

tumblr_nm5kosaTEs1r9s07oo1_1280.png

Amazing :D

Edited by Fused King

There's so much to choose from, but I'm going with Wart yes. His fighting style could be really interesting, shooting bubbles which entrap and stun opponents for a while. A little bit like Bubble Bobble actually. Another reason for voting Wart is because I think Nintendo should stir up the old Mario vs Bowser story. Reinventing King Wart as a villain in the Mario universe would be most welcome to me.

From a Smash-only perspective there are a few other interesting characters:

- Ice Climbers and Ridley for very obvious reasons. I have no doubt at all that both will come out on top/very high

- Layton, Rayman, Klonoa, Bomberman and Goemon all have that cartoony look that blends in perfectly

- Dillon, Wonder Red, Isaac, King Hippo, Chibi-Robo, Lolo, Doshin, Bayonetta and Zack & Wiki are more of a stretch

Crap like that ruins this ballot. It's a great idea to have a ballot, but people just fill it with ridiculous irrelevance.

I've voted for Ridley and Bomberman.

I might put in a vote for "voice-chat man" because the game would be better online with him. :p

Edited by Kav

There's so much to choose from, but I'm going with Wart yes. His fighting style could be really interesting, shooting bubbles which entrap and stun opponents for a while. A little bit like Bubble Bobble actually. Another reason for voting Wart is because I think Nintendo should stir up the old Mario vs Bowser story. Reinventing King Wart as a villain in the Mario universe would be most welcome to me.

From a Smash-only perspective there are a few other interesting characters:

- Ice Climbers and Ridley for very obvious reasons. I have no doubt at all that both will come out on top/very high

- Layton, Rayman, Klonoa, Bomberman and Goemon all have that cartoony look that blends in perfectly

- Dillon, Wonder Red, Isaac, King Hippo, Chibi-Robo, Lolo, Doshin, Bayonetta and Zack & Wiki are more of a stretch

I TOO, WILL VOTE WART! : peace:

As I think you've waited long enough to see his return!

All I ask in return is that if ever they do a poll for a new game you vote for Princess Peach 2. :heh:

I voted for captain toad, feel like he could be a really original fighter!

But so many characters fit that criteria, there is just so much to choose from haha!

My first choice would have been Chibi Robo, but that would probably never get picked bc of the size issue. (Same for Ridley I guess)

I TOO, WILL VOTE WART! : peace:

As I think you've waited long enough to see his return!

All I ask in return is that if ever they do a poll for a new game you vote for Princess Peach 2. :heh:

Deal! :yay:

Dixie Kong and K.Rool - considering the size of the franchise I never feel as though the DK universe gets enough recognition in SMASH

I can't deciiiiiide!

My heart really wants to go with Dillon, but my heart also wants to go with that Grovyle from the second Mystery Dungeon game, Jimmy T from Warioware!

Ooooh! Snake making a return would be awesome.

And then you jerks suggested Wart and now I want him as well!

ARRRRRGH!

Impa for me. As much as I'd also love to see some unrepresented franchises get some rep - something about the Zelda line up has always rubbed me the wrong way and Impa has really come into her own in the last few years.

But all the suggestions are good - I can't believe we're getting new characters really!

Quick thoughts!

A lot of neat little touches as always in the Mewtwo trailer. Mew, Genesect, trying to catch a shiny Mewtwo with the Master Ball (and the choice of Ness for these segments), the fact they used Dr. Mario instead of regular Mario (this also makes it the only character trailer without the regular Mario)… and for a split second, the use of Roy Koopa instead of Bowser Jr... Trolling? Or a hint of things to come? At this point, who can say!

I'm glad Lucas is returning! He's a good character. Whilst the trailer may have put poor Ness under almost Luigi levels of ridicule,

! A timid kid that - with the help of a friend or two - overcame his fears in the Subspace Emissary, it appears Sakurai and the team wanted to show that Lucas has held on to that gained confidence since Brawl.

YjqK4ZU.png

However, it still upsets me that

has no chance of coming back this time…

The fighter ballot is naturally the most interesting news. There's no way I could just decide one character though! I hope that there are some surprising results. It also sounds like they intend to publicise certain submissions, so I look forward to reading those if it happens. Maybe us n-e members could compare exactly what we wrote on our submissions here. =P

…Oh, by the way, those who have replays saved up should probably start recording them if they can before Mewtwo and the patch hits. What with it including a balance tweaks an' all.

Ended up proposing Paper Mario, I was weak :laughing:

Might vote again every day until the deadline though :D

Edited by Fused King

Paper Mario is actually an interesting idea.

I ended up trading in my 3DS copy of this and never did buy the Wii U one. But with all this added content and the knowing of even more to come, it kinda makes me want to purchase.

Crap like that ruins this ballot. It's a great idea to have a ballot, but people just fill it with ridiculous irrelevance.

I really don't think it's a problem, it'll be very easy to just disregard the troll entries. The ballot will give a clear picture in terms of what the majority want and also some ideas they may not have considered.

Ooooh! Snake making a return would be awesome.

Never%21.gif

Lucas Head-to-Head Comparison (Smash Bros Wii U vs. Brawl)

Mewtwo Head-to-Head Comparison (Smash Bros Wii U vs. Melee)

----

tumblr_nm5kosaTEs1r9s07oo1_1280.png

Amazing :D

This should explain it.

acddd136d299dd9f3318996138aff413.jpg

a77528e50c3c430cdbb2c080449739bf.jpg

Official Rayman Twitter retweets call for Rayman in Smash Wii U/3DS

Yesterday we saw Konami getting in on the action when they were retweeting fan requests for Snake to return to Smash Bros.. Now today we have the official Rayman Twitter account doing the same for Rayman in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. I'd imagine that Rayman would get a healthy amount of votes on the Smash Bros. ballet, so we shall see.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/250311-official-rayman-twitter-retweets-call-for-rayman-in-smash-wii-u-3ds

The nerve of these companies. Whatever about Ubisoft but Konami can jump under a train for all I care.

Smash Bros. Lucas DLC Trailer Analyzed - Rewind Theater

Mewtwo Strikes Back in Smash Bros. - Rewind Theater

Mewtwo Moveset/Graphic Comparison (Melee VS Super Smash Bros Wii U)

Rayman's actually quite a good shout, even though I'm not very knowledgeable about him I think it'd be quite interesting if people got behind him as being a genuine character in Smash.

Well, at least both Konami and Ubisoft are Marketing a Wii U game now ;)

Yes! You win the internet's quote of the day!

Oh, and @Wii. I meant old-school Kojima Snake. Screw the new one!