NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

@Rummy, I just ordered one of the unofficial GC adapters. I'll let you know if its any good once it arrives. I just got fed up not being quite as quick or fluid using the pro controller so went for it.

Ahh! I've got a MayFlash one I ordered from PlayAsia - ironically since getting it I've played less Smash, but I definitely had the same feeling as yourself with the pro pad. I wasn't bad or terrible, but I'm definitely not quite as good as if I had a GC pad. It's a really hard thing to describe, but for me it just felt like you're sometimes a split second out or so on timing that leads to a silly mistake. Plusside of the Mayflash one is it apparently connects to PC too(not tried it myself) - so if you ever wanted to use your GC pad on a PC then it's a handy double-up!

Ah ok cool. It works just the same as the official one?

I've also been playing less recently but I still wanted to get it for the sake of having it. I'll continually go back to Smash periodically for a while so it's worth getting I think!

Ah ok cool. It works just the same as the official one?

I've also been playing less recently but I still wanted to get it for the sake of having it. I'll continually go back to Smash periodically for a while so it's worth getting I think!

Well I've not noticed any issues myself, so I'd say yes! I was borrowing my mate's official one previously, so given that back now I have this. If it doesn't work just check you've flipped the WiiU/PC switch to the right setting. I'd say it's definitely worth having, not just for being able to use a GC pad, but just in case the oppurtunity for a local smash comes up you have it. If you've got mates who used to smash and would casual smash now - you can't really mug them off trying to give them wiimotes/nunchuks/gamepad/propad.

Couple of days late.. I play the game occassionally, but the lack of adventure mode means it just doesn't draw me in as a single player game. I just haven't gotten into the game, I think that's mostly down to the lack of a single player mode, it just feels empty because of it. I don't think I'll be buying the next smash bros at launch.. assuming there is another one.

Couple of days late.. I play the game occassionally, but the lack of adventure mode means it just doesn't draw me in as a single player game. I just haven't gotten into the game, I think that's mostly down to the lack of a single player mode, it just feels empty because of it. I don't think I'll be buying the next smash bros at launch.. assuming there is another one.

Yeah, even if the classic mode had a bit of mixup in it like the others it'd be cool, but it's all rather bland/samey. Whilst a great game, I just feel there's much less depth in this than predecessors.

Ine has the 3DS game and we bought the WiiU one not too long ago. We've hardly touched either. In fact, she's played a few hours of both and I haven't played either. I can't gather the energy or enthusiasm to play them.

If a game ever needed DLC this is it.

If it had a single player mode where you had the same level, but there are paths that certain characters can take but others can't...

so say playing as bowser, I can't pass a certain bridge, because it would collapse under his weight, but as mario I COULD get across that bridge. But collapsing that bridge gave me an interesting path. OR I could, with perfect timing, have bowser leap to the middle of the bridge, then do one final jump to make the distance, with the bridge collapsed but bowser having crossed the path, despite being too heavy...

It wouldn't even have to be that lengthy a mode... it would just make the game have something to "complete". With Brawl the story kept me going, kept me enthused and invested long enough to learn a few characters really well, develop some favourites. With ssb wiiU I'm really indifferent towards it.. it's an ok game, but the single player mode really made the game stand out. The core game I have in my hands very much feels like a prettier version of melee/brawl. And actually I find on the whole the levels to be a bit lacking.

All in all... with hindsight, I wish I'd held off getting the game till the price dropped. At least if the GC adapter was being properly supported in other games there would be that as a sort of compensation but I guess not :(

Yep, I have the same. The game feels so soulless without Subspace/replacement.

Even something as small as a tournament with a small story like in Streetfighter II (some unique texts/taunts aimed at the competitor, depending on which character it is).

More of the Palutena/Snake/Peppy/Slippy stuff so to say...

I got it for Christmas, played it a fair few times with my brother and one of my friends. I think it's fair to say that this series has run its course for me. There's only so many times you can play the same repackaged game before it gets stale.

It can be great in an even matched fight, but ultimately the new games aren't really bringing anything new to the table that I couldn't already have when playing melee. At least, that's how I feel. The lack of a proper main story game also definitely hurt it.

I started playing it around November and then lost interest a bit like a few others on here.

Recently though I started to play it again for no good reason and have been getting quite a lot out of it on single player classic and trying to complete the challenges.

It does feel quite a lot like the same game, but I think that applies to almost any other fighting game that I have played.

As @Glen\-i has suggested the single player classic comes into its own above difficulty level 8 and that really makes up for the lack of a decent story mode for me.

In fact, as with many other reviewers at the time, I don't really think the single player story modes in Brawl and Melee were any good to be honest. I doubt it would have helped if your not feeling the game.

I got it for Christmas, played it a fair few times with my brother and one of my friends. I think it's fair to say that this series has run its course for me. There's only so many times you can play the same repackaged game before it gets stale.

It can be great in an even matched fight, but ultimately the new games aren't really bringing anything new to the table that I couldn't already have when playing melee. At least, that's how I feel. The lack of a proper main story game also definitely hurt it.

yeah, the meat of this game is the multiplayer. But it just doesn't bring anything new.

The single player mode, the real one that is missing from this ssb.. it was the real difference between the games, aside from the graphical enhancements. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to the game, and they obviously put a huge amount of effort into it.. just that effort went to the wrong places.

Well I've not noticed any issues myself, so I'd say yes! I was borrowing my mate's official one previously, so given that back now I have this. If it doesn't work just check you've flipped the WiiU/PC switch to the right setting. I'd say it's definitely worth having, not just for being able to use a GC pad, but just in case the oppurtunity for a local smash comes up you have it. If you've got mates who used to smash and would casual smash now - you can't really mug them off trying to give them wiimotes/nunchuks/gamepad/propad.

Works as advertised, plug and play, no dramas. I'd recommend to anyone who wanted a GC Adapter originally.

I've kinda given up on classic or any other single player mode, my typical play now will be a few random stock fights against some CPUs for maybe half an hour at a time. Need to find some people to play against locally, used to play with my old flatmates but they are all scattered across the country now :(

Even just having the random breakups/difference in the single player 'classic' structure kept it a little more interesting that the current. I find it rather samey throughout, and actually wonder why they made it so moving your statue around the board to pick which fights you want as slow as it was.

I think they expected the depth and variety for the game to come from customisations etc. such as the fighter parts you can opt to fight for by picking specific battle groups, but for me I haven't cared at all for it so far.

The speed of movement is very frustrating on that board (3DS one is better in that regard), but I like the difficulty of the mode and it makes a difference to be able to choose which level to fight on.

Avoid the Megaman one at all costs (unless it is more than 5 players)!

I realise that I did not really play brawl at all (did not even finish SSE) and so it has probably been 10 yrs since I actually played the game very much.

Well, played for the first time in ages today. Got my mate to pop round to try and get him a bit better at Smash - his only plays via his cousin/cousin's other half, and he's pretty damn basic(didn't know about smashes, grabbing, or dodging) but I'm keen to get him a bit better with time so he can decimate the peeps he's playing with despite not playing/owning Smash! Played with auto handicaps on to make it all fun and fair, and I was playing with just a wiimote(he does too, not knowing anything else). Despite the arguable fact that there wasn't any great competition(still lost to some L9 bots, embarrassingly) it was still good fun, so the strength of this is really in local I think.

Tried to fight my Toon Link amiibo after with GC pad - cannot beat the cunt. Actually getting almost infuriating now. He, as expected, knows everything I'd do before I do it, and does everything I'd do but much fucking better than I ever manage. It annoys me as well that the more I play and lose to him, the better he's probably getting! Wish I could stick Amiibo in to play online so folks could test him, wouldn't put it past Sprout to hand him his ass.

And yet Sprout somehow did them all in a month. I bet he didn't even use custom characters

Ugh, don't remind me...

It boggles the mind how he didn't go insane trying that 9.0 with one life.

Wish I could stick Amiibo in to play online so folks could test him, wouldn't put it past Sprout to hand him his ass.
...Thanks to this game, Mario Kart 8 and other games I've posted about, I feel like I've unintentionally started to build a bit of a scary image of myself on n-e.

Maybe I should buy Monster Hunter 4 (or be cheap and restart Monster Hunter 3 on Wii U) to play together and prove to you all that I can actually be quite a bit crap at the video games. Mokong knows. Couldn't even figure out voice chat in that game. =P

EDIT: Yes, this is a late reply to your posts.

Edited by Sprout

So I've managed to do 8.0 with 3 characters now. (Mii, Shulk and Mario)

The CD I got for doing so was well worth it, that music rocks!

Got less than 30 WiiU challenges to go, but I'm struggling with beating Hard All-Star with Ike.

I suck with Ike, not my kind of character at all! This is gonna be an ordeal!

Anyone not receive their cd today ? Or was it just me :-(

Na, didn't get it myself. Probably get it on Monday/Tuesday.

What were the conditions for the CD? Was it an order one or sent to those who registered both games?

What were the conditions for the CD? Was it an order one or sent to those who registered both games?

I think you had to register both games. I've bought the soundtrack just this second. Had to do so as I don't own a 3DS and even if I did I don't think I'd have bought the 3DS version. I hope it's good. I didn't even research what's on it or if it's that long. So I'm off to that now.

Edit: 72 tracks. :eek: They mustn't be very long so.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, I should get one then. Hopefully. I know when I registered both games it mentioned the Mewtwo DLC, but nothing about the CD.