NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Must say I'm not sure if I'm feeling this game as previous Smash entries.

The only thing Classic Mode has little in common with previous versions apart from having a giant something, wireframe team (replaced by Mii fighters) with Master/Crazy hand at the end. The slow dragging around of your character between different piles of trophies on a platform resembling that of the Cell Games is really drawing the time out on this and I don't know if I can be bothered doing it with every character.

Really dislike how they've changed character different target smash to Angry Birds.

Still getting used to the controls though, using a Pro Controller now.

Must say I'm not sure if I'm feeling this game as previous Smash entries..

As someone who could never really fully embrace the series due to a general apathy towards 'fighting' games, I've enjoyed what little I've played of both the Wii U and 3DS version. My favourite component is probably the 'Event' mode in the Wii U version. I kinda miss that now when I play the 3DS game but it has encouraged me to play Melee as I probably never did that much in it :heh:

Edited by nekunando

I'm not a big fan of the single player offerings in the Wii U version. At first, I really didn't get Smash Run but now it's where I spend most of my time on the 3Ds version. The classic mode also works a lot better without the forced 8 player matches and pointless board shuffling exercise so I'm totally with Eevil on that one.

Is the Smash Tour something that you have to get used to or does it suck as much on the second and subsequent times as well in single player?

I think smash tour would work better if it wasn't compulsory 8 player, so you could play just human opponents. But yeah, without 4 humans playing it.. it's a bit weak

So I've got a purple Captain Falcon...can't work out If I am horrified or happy :heh:

Tested my LAN Adapter last night and the game worked almost flawlessly. Still a couple of niggles here and there, but it was good. He was in Manchester though, so the latency shouldn't be that bad as standard.

Huzzah.

PLayed this for the first time yesterday. Was plesantly surprised!

I was put off a bit by Brawl, but this seems much more like Melee.

I'm still terrible at it, but it's pretty enjoyable. I need to get either the gamecube adapter, or a pro controller though, as playing with the gamepad is a bit......heavy.

So I've got a purple Captain Falcon...can't work out If I am horrified or happy :heh:
Happy.

I was anyway. Smash Bros 64 style Falcon amiibo FTW! :D

Happy.

I was anyway. Smash Bros 64 style Falcon amiibo FTW! :D

So that's standard?

Pac-man is BROKEN. Unbeatable "For Glory" 2v2 strategy, SSB Wii U

Just bought Smash WiiU online from GAME, £29.98, I figured I'd pick it up at that price.

Pac-man is BROKEN. Unbeatable "For Glory" 2v2 strategy, SSB Wii U

Wouldn't Pikachu's Down B Solve that... or Ness's Controllable Psyche beam?

Wouldn't Pikachu's Down B Solve that... or Ness's Controllable Psyche beam?

There was a video shortly after when R.O.B. came to the rescue.

Maybe those other characters beams disappear once off screen, maybe they don't. You'd think they'd work but I haven't seen any other strategy to beat it. It should be fixed really.

Pikachu's down B won't work, they tweaked it after Brawl. It's now coming from an onscreen stormcloud instead of from unlimited heights

Ordered online yesterday, arrived today. No special delivery or anything. I was expecting it midweek next week. Nice!

For the past week I've been focused on getting the last couple of challenges out of the way. It's been quite a struggle because one of those challenges included collecting all of the custom headgear, so I've been through random drop chance hell. Random chance doesn't like me very much (by the way, I didn't get one of those New 3DS Ambassador e-mails and I'm not bitter about this at all. N o t... A t... A l l...) But after about a week, I can finally say...

jRy8QHE.png

Done!

rYrm108.png

Done!

9B6Bo9l.png

Done!

piUvg0K.png

...You get the idea.

sTY47Ps.png

The 3DS version rewarded you for completing each set of challenges. In this game...

Z7IjIv9.png

...You get 2000000G! I can't even offer it to the Goddess like in Kid Icarus Uprising this time!

There's a lot to say, especially with a game this big, but I'm not quite sure how to tackle it yet, if at all. I might just do my usual thing and remain the silent member. Regardless, as far as I'm concerned this game, like the 3DS version, is now 100% complete! Here are my stats up to this point!

“FINAL” RESULTS (as of 11th January 2015)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

High Scores (actual scores, not Global Smash Power):

Classic: 1168800 as Mario (9.0 Intensity)

Crazy Orders: 27 as Ike

All-Star: 2811000 as Pikachu (Hard)

10-Man Smash: 00:11:78 as Ness

100-Man Smash: 02:24:40 as Marth

3-Minute Smash: 120 as Bowser

Rival Smash: 93 as Captain Falcon

Endless Smash: 200 as Link

Cruel Smash: 8 as Lucina

Target Blast Stage 1: 209300 as Link

Target Blast Stage 2: 343060 as Toon Link

Target Blast Stage 3: 726400 as Pit (see it here!)

Home-Run Contest: 1005.4m as Ganondorf (completely unexpected!)

Trophy Rush: 740830 as Mario

Most Used Characters (1 is most used overall):

1: Villager

2: Mario

3: Pit

4: Kirby

5: Robin

6: Donkey Kong

7: Wii Fit Trainer

8: Link

9: Toon Link

10: Captain Falcon

11: Little Mac

Least Used Characters (1 is least used overall):

1: Zero Suit Samus

2: Falco

3: Meta Knight

4: Lucario

5: Sheik

6: Zelda

7: Yoshi

8: Mr. Game & Watch

9: Ganondorf

10: Greninja

…Disaster Master (Most Self-Destructs): Luigi 32px-LuigiHeadSSB4-3.png

h4h1LyI.png

Here's the amount of matches each fighter has been in so far. Villager has quite a lead!

Oh, by the way, I do intend to make another video of N-Europe Smash moments using the replays I recorded up to the end of 2014. I just need to kick myself into gear and do all that mundane editing stuff. Not gonna promise a date, but hopefully I'll be motivated enough to do it relatively soon! I wonder what Pit has been up to...

Wow, well done! Here I am just sticking to local and online multiplayer cause I cba with the other modes and you managed to grind out all the challenges. I'd be more willing to do it if Nintendo had an achievement thing like other systems so I could more easily show off my accomplishments :D

I'd be more inclined to do the challenges if some of them weren't so ludicrously hard!

I've almost finished 3DS, but I'm never going to beat all the challenges in WiiU.

And I'm OK with that.

Ordered online yesterday, arrived today. No special delivery or anything. I was expecting it midweek next week. Nice!

Haha can tell you have been loyal to local alty Grainger far too long.

Receiving games the next day after ordering them is pretty standard.

Haha can tell you have been loyal to local alty Grainger far too long.

Receiving games the next day after ordering them is pretty standard.

The reason I'm so surprised was that it said 2 working days and if you wanted next day delivery it was £5. Luckily I didn't have to pay any extra and it still came the next day... a weekend day too! :)

I love my local Grainger though, I always have a good chat with them when I go in. It's why I never usually order online, because the guys working there know gaming and it's great chatting to them.

It's funny, I'm known there as Nintendo Guy because I'm the only person that buys Nintendo stuff, haha.

@kav82 I've just read your Smash Bros Miiverse post about voice chat. Lol at that Robin dude. You should know better than to post on there and get a reasonable discussion/answer. Remember the whole MH headset issue that you posted about? Muppets.