NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I know, right? I was on tonight and you were the only other person on my friends list online, but you were in another match so I couldn't join :(
That's a shame. They should have made it so you can always join friends online (or at least send a request) regardless of who's hosting. :blank:

More people seem to be collecting amiibo than actually playing the game!
Very true that. :hehe:

I'm anticipating a mystery game for Christmas from my brother which may well me Super Smash Bros for Wii U, so hopefully at least some of you will still be playing by then :heh:
Nice. :)

It's not a game I can seem to get myself psyched up for, though.. I've just never been completely won over by the series :hmm: Maybe that will change if I manage to get into it this time and get a grip of what's going on..
I gotta say then, chances are that won't change with this version. It's as mental as it's ever been, if not more so. :heh:

Hope you can get into it this time though, as it's an amazing game.

My problem is that I only get to play games between 11pm & 12:30ish. When missus has gone bed. By that time most of you lot have finished... :(
Damn. We need to setup some late matches at some point then so you can play.

I play regularly but only offline - I find the input lag rather horrible at times and as I still have trouble beating 3 level 8 CPUs (free for all) I believe that I'm not ready for online just yet. Mind - I do win when I pick my own fighters, though, so I've got better. :)

Other than that I'm working on Events - getting rewards without using costumisation is hard and challenging, taking up a lot of time.

You should just give it a try, chances are you'll learn and improve much more by playing online.

Getting the game for xmas. Should be online from then.
Good stuff. : peace:

I'll be joining the fray after the 15th. After Amazon screwed me over regarding the adapter I decided I'd wait until after my uni exams and then download it instead.

I was supposed to get it for Christmas, but I think stock issues might mean I have to wait until my birthday mid Januar.

I decided to make a video of some of the moments us n-e members have had in online matches so far!

If you want to know which members are in the video, I made a list in the online meet up thread, so head on over there to find out. And whilst you're in there, maybe arrange to have a few matches with each other! Like a community and stuff! That'd be nice I think.

On a separate note, I managed to get all the Mii Outfits the other day. Plenty of hats and special moves to go, though...

qPDKlwl.png

My soul is only crushed a little bit so far! Yaaaay!

Is it just me, or did the hype for this game disappear very quickly? At least on here... ::shrug:

Hardly any activity in the online thread, nobody else posted anything in the pics/gifs thread... what's going on, N-E? :blank:

Yes, I totally agree with you. Wii need more players active in the online thread. Hopefully by the look of things, a lot of new players will be joining after christmas, and a few more in january.

I can't really post any gifs, as I don't have a recording device for my TV/console setup. Now, I could maybe do it with my phone, but I'm not sure about the quality :P.

It's such a great game, but I keep thinking that the hype was killed by releasing the 3DS version first, and by many months.. Maybe they should've kept it as a Japan exclusive? (oh, the hate I'm in for now :D)

Is it just me, or did the hype for this game disappear very quickly? At least on here... ::shrug:

Hardly any activity in the online thread, nobody else posted anything in the pics/gifs thread... what's going on, N-E? :blank:

I'd be keener playing online if I could do so with my gamecube pad tbh. My mate popped round with his adapter last night and got our other mate involved - I just find it so much more comfortable/natural with the GC pad. I think the lack of adapter has really knocked some of the momentum off the game.

On a separate note, I managed to get all the Mii Outfits the other day. Plenty of hats and special moves to go, though...
That has to be my biggest gripe with the game, the fact that outfits and items can't be transferred from the 3DS version so you have to collect 'em all over again. :shakehead

Even if you transfer a customised character that has all custom moves unlocked on 3DS, you can't use those moves for a new custom version of the same character on the Wii U. :indeed:

I can't really post any gifs, as I don't have a recording device for my TV/console setup. Now, I could maybe do it with my phone, but I'm not sure about the quality :P.
Doesn't have to be gifs, screenshots are welcome too! :)

It is a shame how there's no option to export replay data just via the game though. An MK8 style YouTube system, or being able to render replays as video files to SD card would've been great.

I'd be keener playing online if I could do so with my gamecube pad tbh. My mate popped round with his adapter last night and got our other mate involved - I just find it so much more comfortable/natural with the GC pad. I think the lack of adapter has really knocked some of the momentum off the game.
That's fair enough, the GCN pad is fantastic for Smash after all. :awesome:

Whenever I go back to the Wii U Pro Controller for other games now, I really notice how loose the sticks are! :o Not sure if that's because I've been using a brand new GCN pad or not, but it's weird having to adjust. :heh:

It's weird, I was hyped all year for this game and now that I've finally got it I can't be bothered to play it. It feels like too much effort to turn on my Wii U and pick up my controller... maybe there's something wrong with me :(

It's weird, I was hyped all year for this game and now that I've finally got it I can't be bothered to play it. It feels like too much effort to turn on my Wii U and pick up my controller... maybe there's something wrong with me :(

The only time I feel like playing is when I have friends around. It was nice to play an online match with a couple of people from N-E, and I also played it a bit today to test out my new GC controller, but really for me I love playing against people in the same room.

I kinda burned myself out on it last week. It's a great game, but aside playing online there isn't a lot left for me to do. Most of the remaining challenges are simply beyond my capabilities. Had an awesome week playing it though and I'm sure it'll get plenty more love in future.

For me it's the lack of voice-chat. It's why I've not even bothered picking the game up yet.

I'd rather be playing Destiny, even though I'm getting bored of it, for the simple fact we all chat and have a laugh together. It's much more fun when it's more social.

Ine and I were both a bit perplexed as to why neither one of us really wants the game. In the end, we boiled it down to having other games to play and having no real time to sit through it. Plus, she's hardly touched the 3DS version and neither one of us really plays on the WiiU any more.

I have to say, I have no real craving to play this. Like Mario Kart, I just don't care. I paid full price for Mario Kart and never really feel like I got my money's worth.

For me it's the lack of voice-chat. It's why I've not even bothered picking the game up yet.

I'd rather be playing Destiny, even though I'm getting bored of it, for the simple fact we all chat and have a laugh together. It's much more fun when it's more social.

This is exactly why I haven't really touched online. I played a couple matches at launch to test the stability of it all and that was it.

In terms of single player mode I just don't find it that fun. I enjoyed it at launch but once the hype settled down I just can't be chewed with it. I started falling out with the series with Brawl and it seems it was all downhill from there for me. I didn't enjoy the 3DS one either. Gone are the days where me and my mates would hook up a Gamecube and play Melee until early hours of the morning. Growing up/Life sucks.:(

A little off topic but I find it interesting what you've said about Destiny. I was listening to 8-4 podcast yesterday and they were talking about how Destiny as a game is quite lacking but looking at it as a social experience it's quite something. The guys on there were saying that it's their go to game whenever they want the banter with each other. :)

Well it's a real shame to see so much disillusion for this game here at N-E, especially as it's such an excellent entry in the Smash Bros. series (and potentially the last with involvement from Sakurai too!). :(

But hey-ho. ::shrug:

I just hope those of us that are enjoying it, will continue to play for quite some time yet. :)

Well it's a real shame to see so much disillusion for this game here at N-E, especially as it's such an excellent entry in the Smash Bros. series (and potentially the last with involvement from Sakurai too!). :(

But hey-ho. ::shrug:

I just hope those of us that are enjoying it, will continue to play for quite some time yet. :)

I'll be happy to give you a few games, if and when I get it, but I wouldn't imagine I'd me much competition for you :hmm:

My brief time with the game on 3DS has been spent going through the Classic Mode on level 3 or so.. and even that is pretty challenging for me :heh: I've never liked fighting Master Hand, either.. or his new, Crazy best mate :indeed:

Is this a sign of Nintendo's key fanbase starting to give up? People like the community on here, who stuck with them through the GC era (which was obviously still awesome), the Wii era (with most moving to two or three consoles, if they hadn't already before) and now in the era of the WiiU people are starting to realise that the old titles just don't have the same draw to them anymore. With things like Brawl not being quite up to the standard of Melee; Skyward Sword not reaching the heights of Wind Waker; the Mario series becoming stale from a lack of ideas and constant sequels. Seems to me like the nostalgia factor is wearing off a bit?

Sorry if that's a bit off topic. Just how I've felt since buying my WiiU and 3DS in the last year or so: played them a bit when I first got them, but I haven't bought a new game for either since within ~1month of getting the console. On Tuesday I'll be downloading this but it's very much the exception, and given the responses that have appeared in the last page or two here, I have a feeling I won't be sticking with it for that long. I mean, the very fact I was able to just say "meh, I'll wait until after my exam to download it" shows I'm probably not that bothered about it...

Didn't know what to buy myself for christmas so I just said fuck it and got a wiiU with Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Might cancel it though with the amount of excitement exhuming from this thread.

:D

I was a bit disapointed with the game tbh but I have warmed up to it an awful lot. Although it does require local multiplayer. I never thought I would do this... but I finally see the point of people saying about voice chat.

In the Mk8 league my favourite bits have been hearing the chatter in the lobby. Except that you get cut off mid sentence when the game begins to load. If the chat could be kept on all through the game, it would be a whole lot more fun.

However, on the anti voice chat lobby I do think Nintendo need to work on their online elements a bit more, Mk8 lag is fairly severe at times, with people vanishing/appearing at random - it's not intolerable, just it shows that there is clear room for improvement, and that improvement, imo needs to take precedence over voice chat. I will say that I hope voice chat is sorted for next generation.

Back to smash, I wish they had forgotten the 3ds version and just made an adventure mode for the Wii U instead!

Edited by Pestneb

Is this a sign of Nintendo's key fanbase starting to give up? People like the community on here, who stuck with them through the GC era (which was obviously still awesome), the Wii era (with most moving to two or three consoles, if they hadn't already before) and now in the era of the WiiU people are starting to realise that the old titles just don't have the same draw to them anymore. With things like Brawl not being quite up to the standard of Melee; Skyward Sword not reaching the heights of Wind Waker; the Mario series becoming stale from a lack of ideas and constant sequels. Seems to me like the nostalgia factor is wearing off a bit?

Sorry if that's a bit off topic. Just how I've felt since buying my WiiU and 3DS in the last year or so: played them a bit when I first got them, but I haven't bought a new game for either since within ~1month of getting the console. On Tuesday I'll be downloading this but it's very much the exception, and given the responses that have appeared in the last page or two here, I have a feeling I won't be sticking with it for that long. I mean, the very fact I was able to just say "meh, I'll wait until after my exam to download it" shows I'm probably not that bothered about it...

It's not the case for me, their single player games are second to none, I love Mario (and Pikmin) and Zelda is my most hyped for game, I hope they do a Metroid and if so then I'll be hugely satisfied with them, the games I already have, and Xenoblade on the way!

Their problem for me lies in their multiplayer games. Here, where they used to reign as king, they fall short.

Yes, in local multiplayer they're great, but I don't live with my brother anymore and my friends aren't always round gaming with me. Nowadays online is where I game with my friends and without voice-chat it's just not as fun.

This is where they fall short, this is why Smash Bros and Mario Kart aren't as good for me.

I love smash, and played melee and brawl to death, but with a lack of a pro controller and no option for a gc adapter its left me not bothering to get it.

I could go classic controller, but I've heard there's lag?

Anyway, I was a bit gutted to be missing out initially, but I'm not really bothered now..

I really need to get my back side in gear and get in some games with you lot but Mon-Fri is pretty much a no go and then it's just actually getting round to playing it on the weekends when I'm still working my way through other games.

I'm off work this week though so that certainly frees me up to get in on some games.

I still love it and will get back in to it. Just damn life keeps me busy.... that and my girlfriend being annoying and wanting my time :)