NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Okay, progress report!

Started to realise where I may be going wrong, practised a little more but NOT on Final Destination versions of stages so I get some experience with the hazards. I'm primarily playing as ZSS so I've got a character I can compete with.

Kicked ass at difficulty 7, then had some bad luck with the Masters at the end and quickly lost one stock, and then Master Giant turned up which confused the fuck out of me. Never faced him before, but didn't he appear at a higher difficulty in the 3DS version? I never played it, but I remember hearing it from the streams.

Any way, percentage racked up near the part where I assume he turned into pinch mode and got knocked down to 6.5, very nearly cleared it without losing a stock but remained untouched for the last stock.

Slowly getting a hang on things, need to learn more characters.

Pic of the day. Two-player options were added to a wide range of modes in this game.

-Classic

-All-Star

-Events

-Home-Run Contest (up to four players)

-Multi-Man Brawl (up to four players)

-Target Smash!! (up to four players)

-Trophy Rush

-Online Team Battles

Have fun with your siblings and friends.

daily-en.jpg?date=1417504154143

Edited by Wii

The 'adapter bundle' on Amazon is £99. Any idea why? Does it come with a controller as well? Seems steep to just be a game + adapter...

Those are private sellers inflating the price to take advantage of the low stock.

It's just filler content, much like Smash Run on the 3DS. I can't imagine anyone, even the developers, thought it would out-do the main game.

I think once i've played all 3 maps once, then that will be it and i'll never venture that route again. Smash Run on the 3DS was a bit better, at least you used a character of choosing. This, well it seems worse.

So I just got an email from Shopto apologising for not being able to ship the Smash Bros and controller bundle to me for launch day. I never ordered the thing but they have kindly gave me a fiver for the inconvenience. Works for me. :D

I swear you are the jammiest with Smash right now, jeez! PLEASE STOP TAUNTING MEEEEEE!

But don't they have to do this anyway? Also for the adaptor which I'll remind them about.
Not really, it's supposed to be for the tracked delivery option only, which is something I've never used. :blank:

Anyway, my Smash Edition controller just arrived! :yay:

It's so weird holding a brand new GCN controller, I almost don't want to use it now... Ah nuts to that, *starts Smashing* :heh:

Now I'm officially pissed off at Amazon and Nintendo:

Nintendo: Woefully understocked the adapter to silly non-levels!

Amazon: No delivery, no e-mail. And yesterday, when I could have ordered SSBWii U, knowing mine wouldn't be coming it was £35... now back up to £39.85!!! :mad:

Shopto had a price promise, they also messaged me to tell me it would be late so that's enough proof! They say this on their site:

If you have your proof of late delivery and meet the terms and conditions below, then you’re able to proceed and make a claim for your £5 store credit through the Release Date, or Compensate Claim Form.

But there is no form. Scanning bastards. Offer something then make it as difficult as possible to get!!!

I contacted them about it and apparently it didn't apply if they tell you about a delay.

Although I later received an email last night saying that I was getting a £5 credit for the GameCube controller.

I haven't received this £5 back but then I ordered the game bundle + controller for £50.20 which they have taken payment for so I'm not too fussed just so long as they ship it. : peace:

I take it that it's going to be just the game in a standard box plus a boxed controller as opposed to one with another big outer box? It'd be nice to have one copy of Smash in the house without that horrible oversized green '12' rating on it. :indeed:

#firstworldproblems

They only give compensation if you use royal mail tracked and it doesn't arrive on time, I don't think they give compensation if they haven't shipped on time, although sounds like they gave compensation to people who ordered the bundle. Shame I cancelled mine the day before.

Cheers for the heads-up Red, I only connected to the online to get my rating calculated so I haven't actually played online yet but I was considering it today so that I could post my opinion of the online but not at the potential risk of my save file. :shakehead

Time to wait for an inevitable update then...

Slightly concerned at the lack of GameCube controllers in stock anywhere. Cancelled my preorder and asked for it for Christmas instead, now I'm worried they'll forever be unavailable or sold for a ridiculous price. Hopefully the retailers will restock at a decent price soon.

My local GAME had Smash GameCube controllers in stock earlier. £25.00, was I foolish to walk away?

Should I go back for one right now?

I haven't received this £5 back but then I ordered the game bundle + controller for £50.20 which they have taken payment for so I'm not too fussed just so long as they ship it. : peace:

I take it that it's going to be just the game in a standard box plus a boxed controller as opposed to one with another big outer box? It'd be nice to have one copy of Smash in the house without that horrible oversized green '12' rating on it. :indeed:

#firstworldproblems

Well shopto still haven't shipped the game plus controller , really pathetic customer service .

It's so weird holding a brand new GCN controller, I almost don't want to use it now... Ah nuts to that, *starts Smashing* :heh:

Yeah, very nostalgic. Feels smaller than what I remember though.

Still waiting for anything from Amazon about my game+adapter. It's an absolute nonsense. I'm tempted to download it and then demand compensation from Amazon to the tune of whatever it costs to download...

Slightly concerned at the lack of GameCube controllers in stock anywhere. Cancelled my preorder and asked for it for Christmas instead, now I'm worried they'll forever be unavailable or sold for a ridiculous price. Hopefully the retailers will restock at a decent price soon.

Who had you pre-ordered from? Some stock'll come up eventually I'm sure - I think Ninty just rather underestimated(or didn't want to focus on) Gamecube support, possibly at risk of making new hardware that sits stale. I think that's why the GC adapter and GC pads are a bit hard to get a hold of atm, hopefully it'll be recitified.

A plus point of Smash 4? It's sold at least one more Wii U that I know of, which is kinda positive I guess!

Btw @DuD - I opened a support order with Flubit on Monday, got a reply from Fireworks(who is Flubit essentially afaik, and had an interesting little e-mail signoff*) who said my estimate delivery was actually Monday-Today. I'm hoping this means they have confirmed dispatch, though my account still says awaiting dispatch. I've e-mailed for further confirmation of dispatch and if it isn't attempted delivery at my parents by today then I am going to be heading over to Game for a solo copy :(

(*This email is a service from Fireworks Merchant Limited. Delivered by an attentive pug.)

Pic of the day. Some characters were displayed flat in their original games, so we made some trophies flat as well. For example, flat trophies from Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare…

zlCfzStvsHUWU5tvww

Strike different poses when viewed from behind!! The designers made these from scratch for this game--thank you, designers. There are other trophies that may strike a completely different pose, and some may not even show their backs at all.

zlCfzStvsRsIGU7i57

Edited by Wii