NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I really am. I may have to try using the gamepad screen and see if I fare any better, because for some reason I am just doing awfully on Smash 4. I wasn't great at Melee, but I was competent.

Very strange... So you think there maybe some lag to the screen?

Intensity 7 is much more harder than it was the 3DS. Dreading the higher difficulties now.

I'm having similar issues. I've never had such issues. I can destroy Level 9 CPUs with ease in Brawl and 3DS, but here I struggle with Level 6

Smash Bros. Wii U debuted at no. 14 in the UK individual format sales chart. Disappointing but hardly surprising. In the combined chart it's at no. 13.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

I've asked a few times but got no response but has anyone seen a Smash Bros. Wii U ad on TV? Where? I haven't seen an ad not even once.

Nadda. Seen the Pokemon one a couple of times though.

Yeah, I'm also equially losing and getting no 1 or 2 in free for all vs three lvl 8 CPU. At first I thought that I just sucked but glad to see that it's not only that. The game is harder than previously, but that is good.

I'm having similar issues. I've never had such issues. I can destroy Level 9 CPUs with ease in Brawl and 3DS, but here I struggle with Level 6

The AI in Brawl (and Melee) was quite poor tbh and it's likely that most of the systems processing power spent rendering the game at 60fps. They could afford to improve the AI much more this time due to dat power. Out of interest, is it just certain level 6 characters that are difficult or is it across the board?

Still no stock left online (Smash+GC Adapter). It looks as though I won't be playing Smash this Christmas afterall at this rate :(

So I just got an email from Shopto apologising for not being able to ship the Smash Bros and controller bundle to me for launch day. I never ordered the thing but they have kindly gave me a fiver for the inconvenience. Works for me. :D

So I just got an email from Shopto apologising for not being able to ship the Smash Bros and controller bundle to me for launch day. I never ordered the thing but they have kindly gave me a fiver for the inconvenience. Works for me. :D

Same here.

Tomorrow I'll finally see if I am sucking due to input lag or just because I am inexplicably terrible.

Incidentally, managed 11 KOs on Cruel Melee earlier. Never have to touch that bastard again.

Same here.

Tomorrow I'll finally see if I am sucking due to input lag or just because I am inexplicably terrible.

Incidentally, managed 11 KOs on Cruel Melee earlier. Never have to touch that bastard again.

What controls are you using? I believe the Wii-mote and nunchuk have 4 frames of input lag so that might be the issue?

What controls are you using? I believe the Wii-mote and nunchuk have 4 frames of input lag so that might be the issue?

Just the GamePad

Smyths the liars never delivered the game today. It says on their website:

Republic of Ireland

For customers in the Republic of Ireland, order by 2pm for next working day delivery, excluding orders for large or bulky goods.

I did that and ordered early on Friday morning. It better arrive tomorrow.

GOt the game on Friday....bloody Gamestop charged 65euro for the game ON ITS OWN, grrrrr....will have to start shopping around, they likely upping WiiU game prices with fewer WiiU owners to sell to :heh:

Also got an amiibo...got Link of course, still not sure what to make of it? I think I could create a custom character to play as and bring to friends houses, but turns out it's a CPU controlled character? If I were able to bring it to another Wii U would I then be able to control it?

Still no internet in the new house so haven't played online yet :(

Also was surprised by the number of characters available when you first play the game, was getting worried they were all unlocked from the go but then unlocked one character so far, phew.

Without telling me who, how many characters are there to unlock and whats the best mode(s) to be playing to unlock characters?

My Gamecube adaptor arrived today. Got for £18, shoved it on ebay 5 mins ago, sold it for £35 just now. That'll do, pig. That'll do.

For once, I feel lucky for living in The Netherlands; got the adapter bundle for €59,- without placing a preorder. Above that, this week Mediamarkt has an entertainment sale: 3for2. So that's 3 Amiibo for €30,- :indeed::indeed::indeed:

GOt the game on Friday....bloody Gamestop charged 65euro for the game ON ITS OWN, grrrrr....will have to start shopping around, they likely upping WiiU game prices with fewer WiiU owners to sell to :heh:

Also got an amiibo...got Link of course, still not sure what to make of it? I think I could create a custom character to play as and bring to friends houses, but turns out it's a CPU controlled character? If I were able to bring it to another Wii U would I then be able to control it?

Still no internet in the new house so haven't played online yet :(

Also was surprised by the number of characters available when you first play the game, was getting worried they were all unlocked from the go but then unlocked one character so far, phew.

Without telling me who, how many characters are there to unlock and whats the best mode(s) to be playing to unlock characters?

Why would you go to Gamestop? Smyths have it for €50 and free postage. Sure for €5 more than what you paid in Gamestop you could have got the adapter bundle.

For once, I feel lucky for living in The Netherlands; got the adapter bundle for €59,- without placing a preorder. Above that, this week Mediamarkt has an entertainment sale: 3for2. So that's 3 Amiibo for €30,- :indeed::indeed::indeed:

That's a sweet deal. Cheapest here in Ireland is €70.

And the same goes for the amiibo. 3 amiibo here and you're looking at €40+.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

That's a sweet deal. Cheapest here in Ireland is €70.

And the same goes for the amiibo. 3 amiibo and you'd have to pay €40+.

You know where to go on your next holiday ;)

What to do... Amazon has still not despatched my Game + Adapter, but I have not 'This is gonna be soooo late' e-mail either...

And no the single game is £35... do I need the adapter, will I use it? I just don't know what to do.... :(

Did shopto shop the gc controller plus game bundle then?

They've taken payment for mine just two hours ago apparently so hopefully it'll be shipping first thing tomorrow, I pre-ordered it ages ago when it was priced at £50... so that's a brand new GC pad for a tenner, pleased with that. : peace:

Anyone else think that Smash Tour is a little, well tedious.

It's just filler content, much like Smash Run on the 3DS. I can't imagine anyone, even the developers, thought it would out-do the main game.

I got the same email, but for the GCN controller, which still hasn't shown up. :blank:

Was thinking I'd treat myself to a another amiibo with that credit but they're all sold out!

I've mainly be doing the crazy order ticket thingy. Gotta unlock all that music! I've mostly unlocked music I haven't heard of/isn't that great so far. Except a lovely Super Mario Bros 3 medley!

I got the same email, but for the GCN controller, which still hasn't shown up. :blank:

Was thinking I'd treat myself to a another amiibo with that credit but they're all sold out!

But don't they have to do this anyway? Also for the adaptor which I'll remind them about.

Does anyone know where the mysterious form is they mention in the faq about claiming your pre price promise back?