NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I've been trying to do the challenge where you have to KO 8 opponents in crule smash with Lucina for the good part of an hour and the most i've gotten so far is five >_> I feel this is going to take a while. Dredding classic on 9.0 also >_<

I've been trying to do the challenge where you have to KO 8 opponents in crule smash with Lucina for the good part of an hour and the most i've gotten so far is five >_> I feel this is going to take a while. Dredding classic on 9.0 also >_<

In the mean time I have problem beating all stars on normal. Tried with a dozen or so characters today. Only made it to the end once with Link. With everyone else I fall off the stage way by accident/stupidity way before I should be knocked off by percentage.

Is anyone else playing this with the pad? It's physically painful to play with more than an hour. Same with Mario Kart. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but it really is an horrible controller.

Hey guys, Im checking this page to see how it feels to be playing this, but all Im mostly getting controller problems... I haven't got a Wii U at the mo but would like to know how it feels to be playing the first HD Smash.

Good times?

I've been playing with the gamecube controller.

I found the modes available a bit overwhelming tbh, I have only just scratched the surface, mainly because one of my nephews is obsessed with home run, but it's a good solid game from what little I have experienced.

Online was good fun (I only played in for fun mode, was in a team with a player(s?) whose tactics seemed to complement mine nicely, which I am sure helped a lot)

8 player smash is... hard :/ If you have characters in opposite corners of those huge maps, then the characters are TINY. I have a 37" 720p screen though... I've been considering switching over to my 27" 1080p screen but then those tiny characters will be about a third smaller again :(

But glad I have the game, I just have to arrange to get a few friends round to enjoy it with.. that and find the rest of my gamecube controllers

There's a stupidly easy way to do this. Search the challenge on Google and watch the GameXplain video.

There's a stupidly easy way to do this. Search the challenge on Google and watch the GameXplain video.

Thats the way I've been using. I usually screw up by loosing my concentration and up B-ing into the bottom middle of the stage or jumping back onto the platform after hanging onto it or getting "footstooled" by one of the miis.

Edited by martinist

Thats the way I've been using. I usually screw up by loosing my concentration and up B-ing into the bottom middle of the stage or jumping back onto the platform after hanging onto it or getting "footstooled" by one of the miis.

The Pit challemge requires the same kind of thing. Luckily it only requires 4 kills though.

I'm actually doing so badly it's affecting my enjoyment :( I really don't know if it's my controller, but the times where double jumping fails to occur is really pissing me off. It's the leading cause of most of my deaths, and tends to happen a lot on the final boss if there's any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

Worked my way up to 5.0 intensity, but the boss knocks me all the way down to 3.5 each time.

What TV do you have? maybe you have a laggy TV.

Regarding the late deliveries of the Smash Wii U and adapter bundle. I think they arrived late at the retailers. Even on Smyths website where they leave everything to the last minute, the game was available to pre order the day before but the bundle was only available yesterday afternoon to order. I don't know what it's like in the UK but the impression I have is it didn't bolt out of the gates here in Ireland. There's plenty of stock everywhere. Nintendo has been bad here for a long time. Playstation owns the market. Per Capita, Ireland is one of Sony's best markets.

My current speculation is that Ninty are/were being cautious over here. The gamecube adapter is new, and atm rather specific(maybe an indication for future), hardware - they may have kept production/shipments down to avoid stale stock(an obvious risk with WiiU). I've heard from a few people and someone who works in Game that they only got stock to meet preorders and nothing on top(gc adapter wise this is) - afaik solus stock isn't too bad but the gc adapter is. Whilst I can see the rationale for caution if true, I'd think it a rather terrible call on a game like this, with such a following and tradition of GC pad input.

I can only ever seem to get 2 or 3, sometimes 4, with that method

I can only ever seem to get 2 or 3, sometimes 4, with that method

I got 7 after trying for 10 mins but haven't tried it again. I probably would have gotten the full whack but one of my nephews was around distracting me. What? It's a valid excuse!

I don't like that there are so many character-specific challenges in this. I don't want to clear All Star on Hard with Duck Hunt Duo!

Thought I'd try my hand at taking on seven lvl9 CPUs, just to see if I could. I could not. Which was to be expected really, but the real stinger was what I chose as my opponents.

EMTdnzU.png

Why, @RedShell. The horror. The horror...

Thought you'd seen the last of these guys, eh?

What TV do you have? maybe you have a laggy TV.

It's an old TV but it's never caused me any problem for Street Fighter. Is there a mode similar to the challenges in SF where you have to pull off certain moves with certain timings in Smash? That's how I tend to learn how to play for fighters.

I've managed to get to 5.5 intensity but that's it. I'm trying to make some visible progress, as Smash is going to be very limiting in what I can really do with it as a game if I'm doing this bad..

One thing is for sure though, I'm never going to do well at any mode that has more than four players. It's hard as hell to keep track of yourself!

Thought I'd try my hand at taking on seven lvl9 CPUs, just to see if I could. I could not. Which was to be expected really, but the real stinger was what I chose as my opponents.

EMTdnzU.png

Why, @RedShell. The horror. The horror...

Thought you'd seen the last of these guys, eh?

Hehehe. :grin: That's the only way you'll be getting a challenge from "me" in this game. :heh:

Intensity 7 is much more harder than it was the 3DS. Dreading the higher difficulties now.

Intensity 7 is much more harder than it was the 3DS. Dreading the higher difficulties now.

At least you can get that far mate! I just abandoned the last boss at 3.0 with Link, I just could not do it. I really have no clue why I'm struggling so much with this Smash when I was completely fine at Melee.

At least you can get that far mate! I just abandoned the last boss at 3.0 with Link, I just could not do it. I really have no clue why I'm struggling so much with this Smash when I was completely fine at Melee.

Struggling at 3...? I'm sorry, but you must be terrible.

Struggling at 3...? I'm sorry, but you must be terrible.

I really am. I may have to try using the gamepad screen and see if I fare any better, because for some reason I am just doing awfully on Smash 4. I wasn't great at Melee, but I was competent.

Oh hey, just realised that I haven't mentioned my impressions of playing Smash 3DS on the New3DS here yet (not everyone here is gonna go look at the 3DS Console thread after all :p )

In short. The C-stick works very very well for smash attacks, you barely even need to shift your thumb - it's ultra sensitive!

The Zl/Zr buttons are mapped to whatever L and R are mapped to and this cannot be changed - likewise, the C-stick is mapped to smash attacks and cannot be changed, unlike in the Wii U game (this also applies to using the New3DS as a Wii U controller - it is mapped to Smash attacks and cannot be remapped).

The graphics are exactly the same and the in-game loading times are more or less cut in half across the board (also; starting, suspending and exiting the game are just as fast as any other 3DS game on the New3DS - that is to say, instant :D )

That's about it really. Nothing earth shattering, but nice improvements all round :)

Well managed to clear level 7 intensity with Link, I think played level 9 on the 3DS helped a lot. They seemed to make it so it's a lot easier to get launched at lower percentages. Not a big fan of them forcing so many 8 player smashes in classic either.

Pic of the day. When you play Master Orders in Special Orders mode, you will need to use a certain amount of gold to buy a ticket to enter. If you win the challenge, you'll get a reward determined by the difficulty level. The challenges may sound simple, but playing them on Very Hard is quite challenging.

zlCfzStZN9gkj_OMVD

On the other hand, the rules in Crazy Orders are very different. You'll earn one turn for every win, and each turn gets harder and harder. Some of your accumulated damage will get carried over. Crazy Hand will challenge your after 2 turns, so you'll earn your rewards if you beat him. The final battle will be an HP battle and the more accumulated damage you have, the more HP you'll have in the fight...so the trick is to be a little risky.

zlCfzStZOOsN1G68Lr

Edited by Wii

I really am. I may have to try using the gamepad screen and see if I fare any better, because for some reason I am just doing awfully on Smash 4. I wasn't great at Melee, but I was competent.

How long since you played Smash though? I found I got worse if I hadn't played for a while.

Also...still no word from flubit. I'm worrying @DuD!