NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Got mine! :D (both physical and digital of course ;) )

Surprised at how painless using a USB Hub is on Wii U (didn't want to use the front ports for the GCN controller adapter cause it looked kinda ugly - and the back two ports were already being used by my LAN adapter and USB HDD). It was literally plug and play! (my Rock Band USB Hub didn't work but another old one I had lying around worked flawlessly - didn't even have to use a separate PSU! It just runs off of one of the Wii U USB ports for power and data! Well chuffed! The HUB even has one more port free and all, so I could even connect one more device before resorting to the front two ports! :D)

Now have a LAN adapter, a USB HDD and the GCN controller adapter all connected to the back two ports - all working flawlessly and no visible wires at all! :yay: 4 Wavebirds connected of course :awesome:

Its here, haven't played a single second of it though since I had to wait up at my brother's house for a guitar delivery....Soon enough though.

Is that with GC adapter? I need to have it for next saturday, and I'm getting a bit antsy now as to whether I should pick up a high street copy to make sure I have it...how much was it btw?

£42, game alone

Played about 10 matches online so far, each one super smooth with no lag or issues :) Not sure if the other people were though, I was wiping the floor with all comers as King Dedede, ridiculous!

I placed an order with Shopto for the adaptor and Gamecube pad this afternoon. Both were out of stock but figured I may as well get my name on list for both. Just had an email saying they are processing my adaptor order. Guess they got some in stock late this afternoon.

Totally bored of this game after 20 minutes now.

:p

I have to get back to ORAS :/

Not got mine yet Rummy, but I'm not really bothered.. I have so little time for games these days.

I placed an order with Shopto for the adaptor and Gamecube pad this afternoon. Both were out of stock but figured I may as well get my name on list for both. Just had an email saying they are processing my adaptor order. Guess they got some in stock late this afternoon.

Shipped!

Well, that was quick, especially as they had no stock at 1pm. :D

Mine's shipped too. We don't get post here in Ireland on Saturday so it'll be here Monday. Already thinking of getting a refund.......and buying the adapter bundle. I haven't gone about this properly.

What is the equipment stuff I'm earning all the time? Mii or Amiibo things?

Bugger, really wish I preordered this earlier. The 3DS version left me disappointed but the footage of the Wii U one has sold it to me. Unfortunately, everywhere is sold out :( Absolutely gutted.

Bugger, really wish I preordered this earlier. The 3DS version left me disappointed but the footage of the Wii U one has sold it to me. Unfortunately, everywhere is sold out :( Absolutely gutted.

I thought you of all people would have been all over this! For shame.:shakehead

Not got mine yet Rummy, but I'm not really bothered.. I have so little time for games these days.

Any info/word on processing etc? I NEED this game+adapter by next saturday, and im super worried i wont manage it. Current word from my mate is you cant find it too easy on the street in SE. If i hadnt had a shit day i woulda done a drivearound to try and find it!

This is bloody brilliant.

3DS version was great - this is even better. And it's great to use the GC controller again!

I thought you of all people would have been all over this! For shame.:shakehead

I'm really annoyed at myself :( I wasn't sold on the games competitive potential but I've seen some clips online and I'm desperate to play it now. I am just hoping they produce more of the Gamecube adaptors...

*fingers crossed*

One of my nephews ( 8 years old ) just popped over with his mum. I let him play Smash and had a few games of it with him. Absolutely hilarious. He completely lost the plot and started laughing his head off when I used Pac Mans final smash in an eight player battle. He then questioned why Santa Claus ( Dedede ) was in the game and why I was hitting him. I told him he was a penguin but he asked why was he dressed as Santa. At this point I couldn't even see the screen due to crying with laughter. :D

I'll sum this game up in 3 words...

Super Smashing Great! :D

jWJWB8u.png

Had to make a Jim Bowen Mii to celebrate:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
:laughing:

I've not received any email to suggest its been delayed?

They said it could take until the 4th anyway.

lolwut. Fortunately I'm not in a massive rush for it as I'm away this weekend, but it woulda been nice for it to arrive at least in the right month. Not the latter half of the following one.

Edit: And it's out of stock everywhere else so I'm just going to need to wait it out. Why the fuck did I pre-order from Amazon? :blank:

Quick question, when did you order it?

Because my SSB WiiU + Adapter has not been dispatched yet, but I have no e-mail and on the site in my orders it still says delivery estimate 1st Dec?!

I ordered on the 11th Nov.

Mine still hasn't arrived, but delivery often happens 2-3pm so fingers crossed, I was wishing I'd just ordered with Amazon, as they are reasonably good with deliveries for me... but in this instance I guess not.

I'm yet to see if Zavvi will prove to be the better choice though.

Did you get it? I got mine from Zavvi at 11am.

Photo Studio is amazing! :yay:

Made this earlier:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Just wish I had more trophies... *plays Trophy Rush non-stop* :grin: or that I could import them all from the 3DS version. :hmm:

Saw this one over at NeoGaf:

zlCfzSreKP81EjCg0M

Almost killed me. :laughing:

I haven't ordered the game and this makes me feel quite bad. I used to love Smash, but I just can't get excited for this one. =(

I got the 3DS one but I stopped playing it as soon as I unlocked all the characters, it just didn't draw me back in. The Smash Run part just isn't fun and there is not much else that makes me want to go back for more, just feels too samey.

I would probably be interested in this if it had something like the Subspace Emissary, but there is nothing like that in this game, is there?

There's an insane amount of content. But no adventure mode. It has events and orders which are small bite sized missions or objectives or just Classic matches - giant monsters featuring DK and bowser for example, it's great. Smash tour, the board game mode seems really good to me, mental, but good fun, better than smash run.

If you will have someone else to play it with the whole game will be even better as there are loads of 2 player stuff, specific events, and smash tour would be loads better with 2 human people

....i thought I was good at this game. Then I played online. For two hours. 1 on 1. "For glory". No, not glory. Oh no, more something line "For finding out you're a lot worse than everyone else ot there practicing combos and beating the crap outta newbs like you!

What an eye opener. Still (kinda) love it though..