NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I got that e-mail but I ordered the controller separately from the game so I'm hoping that still comes tomorrow.

The e-mail says 'Nintendo GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros Edition (Nintendo Wii U)' is delayed which is just the controller. The game and adapter are bundled together in the same box so I imagine it will still be sent. I will be on the phone to them if that's not the case. I can live without the controller as I have gamecube controllers already but if I don't get the game, £3 is not going to appease me.

Accidentally been given a digital copy rather than a physical one by game and don't have the hard drive space to download it. Any ideas?

Sell it or just give it to me. :D Depends really if you have the Basic model you'll need to buy a hard drive or make some space if it's the 32GB model. I'd say that'll be hard regardless, it's heading for 20GB's in size on its own.

Pic of the day. Congratulations to the European region where Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was launched today!! Today's post is completely off-topic though. It's the Wrecking Crew stage. When you make the bombs explode, the shock from the explosion transfers to the walls and destroys them. When there are only two panels or less holding up a floor, the floor will crash down, making the stage change constantly.

daily-en.jpg?date=1417158597188

You might get stuck inside a metal barrel that falls from above. Players can attack you while you're stuck, so get yourself out by mashing buttons.

zlCfzSskxuoQgJOBsE

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Digital version unlocked. Preloading works great.

Time to unlock Lucina. Again.

You bought directly from eShop? Because buying the game digitally from elsewhere wouldn't let me pre-download it, despite what I was told earlier.

Downloading now but it takes a hell of a time, even with a 40 mbit connection it is really slow. Is there any way to see how fast something is downloading? (It says 2:02 on the downloads screen! :( )

Been up since 5am playing this bad boy. I absolutely love Smash Tour mode. I didn't think I would enjoy it but it has really surprised me. So much better than the garbage that was Smash Run on the 3DS version.

In a bind as to what to do over this game. Smyths is the best price but they couldn't guarantee if there'd be a copy today until after 7 last night but when I rang back they never answered. I don't want to go all the way into town and find they've none left. Then there's that blasted adapter, I want that too but it's not available separately anywhere here so I'd have to buy the bundle. Could just buy the game online from Smyths and be done with it. It'd save travelling and that way I know I'll get it delivered on Monday hopefully. Curse them, their shoddy website and late availability to order(only allowed to order online yesterday). I could wait til Monday.

And these Pics Of The Day are so disjointed at times. Still waiting for the caption and an inevitable second picture.

Once again, hope this turns up for everyone today who hasn't received it yet.

You bought directly from eShop? Because buying the game digitally from elsewhere wouldn't let me pre-download it, despite what I was told earlier.

Downloading now but it takes a hell of a time, even with a 40 mbit connection it is really slow. Is there any way to see how fast something is downloading? (It says 2:02 on the downloads screen! :( )

Yep. Bought it when it became available. Was hoping the codes would do the same, but apparently not.

My copy with the GC controller adapter arrived from ShopTo! :D

Smash plus GC controller bundle still in transit but I'm just happy to have the main copy of the game. :)

NO sign of any Amiibo's but I'm honestly not expecting them until Monday so it's fine. : peace:

Does anywhere have the controller in stock? That's what seems to be causing the delays. Can just use my white one for now so not too bothered.

Felt weird playing it on the Gamepad last night. Hate how dodge is set to L/R by default.

They really need to patch a default custom control scheme. It's getting annoying having to restart matches because I forgot to pick my name again. :(

Yup, that's really stupid...

Anyway, won't play this much in single player.

Looking forward to playing with my mates this evening, though : peace:

Bit the bullet and purchased it online. Thought I'd go into town today but changed my mind, I can't be sure it's not sold out so this is safer. If I'd known and ordered yesterday morning I'd probably would have it now. Oh well I'm patient and it won't be anything like waiting for games to arrive from WOW HD. Still want the GC controller adapter though.

I've added a shitload of Nintendo IDs just now.

Feel free to add me: drahcon : peace:

I just had enough time to download the update, watch the intro, setup the GC adapter and play three 2 minute matches.

Glorious! :D

It's going to feel like the longest ever shift at work today. :/

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"Super Smash Bros Plus GameCube Controller Adapter (Nintendo Wii U)"

Estimated arrival date: December 19 2014

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

lolwut. Fortunately I'm not in a massive rush for it as I'm away this weekend, but it woulda been nice for it to arrive at least in the right month. Not the latter half of the following one.

Edit: And it's out of stock everywhere else so I'm just going to need to wait it out. Why the fuck did I pre-order from Amazon? :blank:

Edited by Gizmo

Absolutely disgusted with Amazon. I got a second E-mail this morning saying my game and adapter won't be arriving until December 19th because of an unexpected delay. Absolute bollocks. I don't get informed until the day of supposed delivery that they can't get it to me for 21 days? Just ridiculous.

Mine still hasn't arrived, but delivery often happens 2-3pm so fingers crossed, I was wishing I'd just ordered with Amazon, as they are reasonably good with deliveries for me... but in this instance I guess not.

I'm yet to see if Zavvi will prove to be the better choice though.

@Rummy

If you use the amazon link on flubit, you can get the game + adapter for under £45.

My delivery estimate is the 28th - the 4th. I'm expecting it to be closer to the 4th, but we'll see :)

You went with Flubit right? Being 'fulfilled' by Fireworks? I'm seriously hoping they don't source via amazon or any of these places seeming to have problems...

Went to Asda, they still had about 10 copies.

Is that with GC adapter? I need to have it for next saturday, and I'm getting a bit antsy now as to whether I should pick up a high street copy to make sure I have it...how much was it btw?