NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Cheers. I'm going to have to start ordering from somewhere else soon I reckon (ShopTo are starting to get a bit slack for my liking :hmm:) so I might give these peeps a try.

I remember a good few years back when play.com were cheap and very good with delivering stuff on time or slightly before release date. I think once a company gets a certain size they tend to get more expensive and sloppy with delivery. It takes a while but it seems almost inevitable. Even amazon witht he free super saver only on orders above £10...

Has anyone had any amiibo dispatched from Shopto? Ordered one this afternoon for a friend whose birthday it is on Friday, it's still processing, and it says delivery is up to 3 days and is second class! Not what I expect from Shopto!

I remember a good few years back when play.com were cheap and very good with delivering stuff on time or slightly before release date. I think once a company gets a certain size they tend to get more expensive and sloppy with delivery. It takes a while but it seems almost inevitable. Even amazon witht he free super saver only on orders above £10...
Absolutely.

I still remember the good old days of gameplay.co.uk (before they got taken over by GAME :shakehead) at which point I and many people switched over to ShopTo.

But yeah, it seems like ShopTo have finally lost their mojo. :heh:

They're just getting a bit too big for their own good, I mean what in the hell is all this about?!:

http://www.shopto.net/cycling

::shrug:

Err no, ShopTo... I'm not going to accept receiving games later than usual just so you can sell random shit. :laughing:

Didn't someone say the Nintendo Store shipped orders early?

Shopto gave you extra £10 off, or do you just mean the saving from the bundle? Either way, Shopto really dropped the ball this time.

I mean the two £5 for missing the deadline.

Just me not getting this game then?

Ok, I'll see myself out...

I'm not getting it either.. certainly not straight away, anyway :heh:

I've never been particularly into fighting games and Super Smash Bros has been one of those games over the years that I've wanted to love and be able to experience with friends but none of us have ever really got into it. As such, there isn't an awful lot of appeal in this right now, though the prospect of a decent online mode would provide some much needed multiplayer fun :hehe:

Ultimately, I'll probably get it at some point but even if I do get online with it and play some matches, I'll end up getting completely destroyed at it :indeed:

Redshell I highly recommend Gameseek they seem to get games earlier to me than shopto these days ,I think shopto have taken on too much business or sonething as they have been sliping as of late .

Shopto have yet to ship my gamecube controller plus adapter and copy of smash bundle . I got an email saying I might get it Saturday and they aim to ship on Friday .

Edited by yesteryeargames

Absolutely.

I still remember the good old days of gameplay.co.uk (before they got taken over by GAME :shakehead) at which point I and many people switched over to ShopTo.

But yeah, it seems like ShopTo have finally lost their mojo. :heh:

They're just getting a bit too big for their own good, I mean what in the hell is all this about?!:

http://www.shopto.net/cycling

::shrug:

Err no, ShopTo... I'm not going to accept receiving games later than usual just so you can sell random shit. :laughing:

Me and my brother were on about the exact same thing yesterday morning. Like Pestneb, I too used the Play.com comparison. It's not just the delivery that's an issue but the prices as well. They used to be so cheap but places like Amazon and Tesco are cheaper now. Their sales are atrocious now as well.

I used to love Gameplay. Great customer service, cheap games and early delivery. Yet another reason to hate Game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Just me not getting this game then?

Ok, I'll see myself out...

I would second this, but seeing as Nando already did, I got dibs on third. Played Smash Bros. on the N64 a little, skipped the GC version, picked it up for the Wii and just didn't have the motivation to play it beyond about 3 hours. The best I ever felt playing a fighting game was Street Fighter II for the SNES, now I find fighting games repetitive and boring (says the man who has ploughed 80+ hours into Tank!Tank!Tank! with his son). Monster Hunter is a far better proposition for me these days.

Just guess this isn't a game for me.

Pic of the day. Here's a basic size of the map for Smash Tour. The card suits and star marks are check points. You'll get a full-round bonus if you pass them all, and you'll get a strength bonus if you stop on any of them.

zlCfzSsXkvc0ieEasY

If you look reaaally closely, you'll see that by rolling a 5, you can pass through the center of the map to the other end. This means that you'll have an advantage if you keep rolling 5s!! Trophies like Ashley's that slow down the roulette wheel may help you out here.

Just got word from my post office that I can drop by and pick up my copy. And a day before release too! I'm so happy now, but work today is gonna be hard... Just six more hours....

Will the online servers be up today, or won't they be up until tomorrow? If they're up and running today, I say I need to challenge someone here. Will there be a thread in the online games sub-forum? @RedShell, you know we're gonna have a go at this, right? And it's about time I challenged @Sprout like you said, even though that's gonna be hell. :D

While it feels silly to be mad that I won't be getting the game a day early, this will be the first time ever a preorder from Shopto hasn't arrived on a Thursday. It's also the first time I've taken the day off work so I could play something as it arrived. My worry now is that they'll attempt to deliver it tomorrow, take it back to the post office and due to various cirucumstances, I won't be able to pick it up till Monday evening :(

Still, I am clinging to the very slim chance that maybe they sent out my Game/Adapter bundle yesterday like they said they would and just haven't updated order from processing to shipped

Redshell I highly recommend Gameseek they seem to get games earlier to me than shopto these days ,I think shopto have taken on too much business or sonething as they have been sliping as of late .
Have you ordered much from them, and 365games before?

Will the online servers be up today, or won't they be up until tomorrow? If they're up and running today, I say I need to challenge someone here. Will there be a thread in the online games sub-forum? @RedShell, you know we're gonna have a go at this, right? And it's about time I challenged @Sprout like you said, even though that's gonna be hell. :D
I'd love to join you for some online matches tonight, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting my copy today (which gives me a bit of time to mess with the Hyrule Warriors DLC though, so it's all good :hehe:).

Have fun if you take on Sprout. ;)

While it feels silly to be mad that I won't be getting the game a day early, this will be the first time ever a preorder from Shopto hasn't arrived on a Thursday. It's also the first time I've taken the day off work so I could play something as it arrived. My worry now is that they'll attempt to deliver it tomorrow, take it back to the post office and due to various cirucumstances, I won't be able to pick it up till Monday evening :(

Still, I am clinging to the very slim chance that maybe they sent out my Game/Adapter bundle yesterday like they said they would and just haven't updated order from processing to shipped

I'm in the same boat here (but with the day off tomorrow and the gaming coming to work). It will be inconvenient to pick it up tomorrow.

Still hoping but I doubt it. Mine said it was planned to ship yesterday, but the order still says processing.

I have not had any other emails like some of the guys that picked up the GC controller have had.

Will the online servers be up today, or won't they be up until tomorrow? If they're up and running today, I say I need to challenge someone here. Will there be a thread in the online games sub-forum?

The servers were up last week, possibly earlier.

Mine arrived this morning :)

Won't be playing it until tomorrow night though, got a certain Lee Evans to see this evening. : peace:

Okay, so I put in my code from Game hoping I could preload it, but no, it wouldn't work. I thought you could preload fro a code? That's really fucking irritating... so now I have to pre download it when it goes live, no immediate smash for me!

Okay, so I put in my code from Game hoping I could preload it, but no, it wouldn't work. I thought you could preload fro a code? That's really fucking irritating... so now I have to pre download it when it goes live, no immediate smash for me!

Yup, same here. Bloody annoying, such a stupid limitation (hopefully one that they'll iron out later on with future games...)

At least my physical copy with the GCN adapter has shipped, so it's not ALL bad luck for me... At least I'll get to play it tomorrow with my Wavebirds :)

Have you ordered much from them, and 365games before?

I'd love to join you for some online matches tonight, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting my copy today (which gives me a bit of time to mess with the Hyrule Warriors DLC though, so it's all good :hehe:).

Have fun if you take on Sprout. ;)

Yes Gameseek are better than shopto in my opinion , shopto used to be awesome we all know that, and Gameseek are like that now :)

I get 90% of my games there unless it's an exclusive shop edition, they always come on the thursday sometimes even Wednesday before release .

The servers were up last week, possibly earlier.

They are not up for me , says you need to download an update which isn't available yet ? Unless I'm wrong

They are not up for me , says you need to download an update which isn't available yet ? Unless I'm wrong

How odd, the patch for the 3DS was out well before the game.