NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

At least your copies are shipping well in time :D

I'm regretting choosing zavvi , I stumbled across a fair number of less than complimentary reviews of their service and it's too late to cancel now really :(

Huh, you're getting everything separately? How come you didn't go for the game/adapter bundle? :blank:

Err, because I want the blasted thing permanently on my machine!

Err, because I want the blasted thing permanently on my machine!
Dur. :heh: I completely forgot digital versions of retail games existed there for a second. :woops:

Huh, you're getting everything separately? How come you didn't go for the game/adapter bundle? :blank:

I went the separate route as I didn't want the pink triangle spine and German rating plastered all over my box. Yes, I'm that weird. :)

I went the separate route as I didn't want the pink triangle spine and German rating plastered all over my box. Yes, I'm that weird. :)
I'm familiar with your hatred of the dreaded USK logos. :hehe:

Not exactly a fan of them either, but they definitely don't bother me on the same level. Nothing weird about trying to avoid 'em though. : peace:

Dur. :heh: I completely forgot digital versions of retail games existed there for a second. :woops:

Haha. I could do what I did with mario kart and buy both... #spendingproblems

I love boxes, but I also love having the conveniemce of digital. Especially with being able to jump into matches and such!

Any feedback on how well the voice chat works? And is it just private friends lobbies or all lobbies?

I'm starting to think about this Gamecube adapter. It's really bugging me, I'm looking at my Wavebird controller and I'd love to use it as it's what I'm most used to but damn €20 for an adapter. €10 I could live with. There's no discount even for the bundle.

Seeing no ads on TV for Smash. Watching the Champions League and so far I've seen Xbox One ads, PS4 ads, COD: Advanced Warfare ads and GTA5 ads.

Any feedback on how well the voice chat works? And is it just private friends lobbies or all lobbies?

I think it's just for friends matches. I'm intrigued to see if a headset works. Mario Kart just uses the GamePad mic, which is awful and not worth using. I imagine this will probably be the same. :(

Mine was dispatched earlier. Could be here early, but i won't be able to play it until the weekend anyway.

Mine was dispatched earlier. Could be here early, but i won't be able to play it until the weekend anyway.

From where? Hoping my Shopto order gets dispatched early tomorrow as I have the day off work on Thursday!

I think it's just for friends matches. I'm intrigued to see if a headset works. Mario Kart just uses the GamePad mic, which is awful and not worth using. I imagine this will probably be the same. :(

Yeah, it's a great option but preposterous it's the only way, especially with this as they've acknowledged many people will be using gamecube pads!

Won't get mine until after the weekend, Damon me for being cheap and not paying Amazon for delivery! :(

Lovingly nicked from a GAF thread.

Random passer-by's are asked to name all the Smash Bros characters. Giggles ensue.

Couldn't help but cringe with almost everyone calling Link "Zelda". I'm such a nerd.

Ness totally looks like a "Timmy" though.

I liked Ganondorf being called an Irish man :D

So if we were to do a regular Smash tourney, I was thinking that what we could do is split things up by mode and game.

So what we would do is have 4 different tourney brackets that are kept track of separately, with the four different ones listed below...

3DS: For Glory

Wii U: For Fun

3DS: For Fun

Wii U: For Glory

... the idea being that each bracket would run for a week before swapping over to the next one (each overall tourney being monthly - If we can't really find a single day to play together on, we could just have the bracket run across the whole week; with the final happening on a set day.) That way both games are covered, people get to play the modes they want and there's less pressure for people to try and find time each and every week, as the four brackets would be counted completely separately :) (though they could choose to take part in more than one if they wanted to).

We would have a set ruleset that we use across all four brackets (like say, 2 stock, 5 minutes, best of 3, set stages etc), which would be open to special theme nights/months.

To keep things relatively short, we could limit each bracket to maybe 8 or 16 players? Players who don't get round to taking part against their chosen opponent within a set time would automatically forfeit the match.

At the end of each month, we could have the winners of each bracket play against each other to decide this month's overall winner :) (if one player ends up winning more than one bracket in a month, then the other finalists could play each other to fight for a position in the monthly final)

Maybe we could also have a general leaderboard keeping track of each player's total wins, total 2nd/3rd/4th places, average places in each bracket etc.

The biggest challenge with doing a monthly Smash tourney thingy though is that it's hard to keep track of, since you can't just have big groups of 12 people like in Mario Kart... which also means that dealing with adding people to each other's friends list is also a giant pain in the bum...

I suppose that we'll have an actual built-in tourney option in Smash Wii U come next year anyway though, which will hopefully simplify things greatly, but that would exclude the 3DS game; which would be a huge shame really...

What do you guys reckon?

Edited by Dcubed

That video totally highlights the overly similar looking Fire Emblem characters. There are far too many this time.

Good little video though - was surprised so many people recognised/remembered Duck Hunt.

Pic of the day. In the Gamer stage, the stage set-up will change at random. Here's Mom appearing from an easel. You'd better stay on your toes.

zlCfzSsKG7YJjONfHW

Mom even appears out of the TV. Sometimes she jumps out of it and walks around. It gets a little crazy. The guy in the far window is Grandpa, who acts as Mom's decoy. His wig is swaying.

zlCfzSsKHCkI4Uu1eV

From where? Hoping my Shopto order gets dispatched early tomorrow as I have the day off work on Thursday!

Had it sent from GAME (or LAME as i tend to call them)

That... Stage... ROCKS!

By far, the most interesting stage on Smash WiiU.

Seriously, the stages have been so "meh" compared to the 3DS Smash. Glad to see something crazy for once.

I hope it still has the ominous choir play for when the mum starts walking around the room.

That... Stage... ROCKS!

By far, the most interesting stage on Smash WiiU.

Seriously, the stages have been so "meh" compared to the 3DS Smash. Glad to see something crazy for once.

I hope it still has the ominous choir play for when the mum starts walking around the room.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the Wii U stages have more dynamic elements than the pics of the day seem to let on...

I also hope that not all of the new stages have actually been announced proper yet... (please don't tell me if they have or not because I've gone out of my way to avoid finding out one way or another!)

I can't really see them topping the new 3DS only stages. They're all utterly fantastic! :D

Shopto have dispatched the game. :yay:

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow...

Still waiting for them to ship mine :s

Has ShopTo taken payment for anyone's GameCube controller?

Nope, still sitting on pre-orders