NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

That poor guy who couldn't think of Captain Falcons name.
:D His girlfriend wasn't much help either.

If I ever get a Captain Falcon Amiibo (highly unlikely), I'm totally naming it "Captain Punch"

If I ever get a Captain Falcon Amiibo (highly unlikely), I'm totally naming it "Captain Punch"

How can you not want the Falon mii costume in mario kart!!

How can you not want the Falon mii costume in mario kart!!

Because then I wouldn't be my Mii anymore. I would never wear a Captain Falcon costume in real life, so neither would my Mii.

Call me sentimental, but I've grown quite attached to my Mii. Proving it's more athletic than I ever was in Wii Sports... developing a hilariously dumb voice in Mario Kart Wii and beyond, instantly replacing the Villager face in Animal Crossing and now punching famous Ninty icons in the face in Smash.

I feel like the costumes take away from the Mii. It's meant to be the player, not some cheap knock-off of a Nintendo character.

The only Amiibo's I'm getting so far are Link (Damn Spinner weapon, they knew full well I wanted it, it was so blatantly meant to be part of the TP Pack. Sour about that one...) and Greninja (For Smash use, I only want one Amiibo for it and the idea of my Mii teaming up with a Greninja I trained is too delicious to ignore. Closest we'll ever get to Pokémon Trainer.)

EDIT: Oh my daze! I would be all over an option to have the Pokémon Trainer in Pokémon games be your Mii. Never gonna happen though. They'd look out of place (A positive, in my opinion)

Also, @RedShell, I know this super nit-picky and it is a fantastic banner, but I can't help but feel you missed a trick by not having Shulk be more prominent in it due to his glorious British accent and the fact this is N-Europe.

Edited by Glen-i

So some dude experimented with Amiibo's and how they work in Smash.

Some intriguing stuff in here.

Actually found that quite fascinating. I've taken almost zero interest in Amiibo, but that's piqued my interest now! I wouldn't get a whole range of them(not even sure 'who' I'd go for yet) but the idea of training up a robot me who learns/plays like I do is actually now very intriguing.

Actually found that quite fascinating. I've taken almost zero interest in Amiibo, but that's piqued my interest now! I wouldn't get a whole range of them(not even sure 'who' I'd go for yet) but the idea of training up a robot me who learns/plays like I do is actually now very intriguing.

Yeah, I feel like everyone who thinks the Amiibo use in Smash is pointless needs to give it a read.

The sooner that Greninja Amiibo is released, the better.

Yeah, I feel like everyone who thinks the Amiibo use in Smash is pointless needs to give it a read.

The sooner that Greninja Amiibo is released, the better.

Screw Greninja.

It's all about Duck Hunt Duo

Are you sure? This is going to look absolutely awful with Amiibo stands.

I think he might have been being sarcastic... I mean, he does run a pretty massive Pokémon website.

Although it's hard to tell with Serebii.

Those numbers are incredible.

Those numbers are expected. Smash is always much more front loaded than Mario Kart.

The real question though is what it's legs will be like. I get the feeling that ultimately, Kart will be the one that wins this race ;)

BTW, have we really discussed the possibility of a regular N-E League Smash tourney thingamajiggibob? You know, considering that the online net code doesn't suck donkey balls this time around?

I dunno if anyone's really come up with any real plans, but I have some ideas about how I would like to see it work if you guys are interested... (Can't share them till later on tonight mind you)

Oh and before I forget to mention it, great work on the banner @RedShell Looks brill! : peace:

We discussed the 3DS one, but there didn't seem to be a great deal of interest, as well as different opinions on how a Smash league should be played.

Surely a smash league or/and knockout tournament would be something we'd all love on here?!

I'd be interested in an N-E tournament if the game had voice chat during battles. Otherwise I'm just not interested.

Yep, I went there (again).

I think now smash is out for Wii U it might be a good time to get a smash league running. seeing how close it is to the end of the year, perhaps it would be worth while running a tester league, try a couple of variations that have the most support, so people can see how those ideas work out, then next year settle on the variation that seems to have been most popular and run a proper league?

Surely a smash league or/and knockout tournament would be something we'd all love on here?!

I'm not bothered about the competitive side but I'm well up for playing for a laugh.

Also, @RedShell, I know this super nit-picky and it is a fantastic banner, but I can't help but feel you missed a trick by not having Shulk be more prominent in it due to his glorious British accent and the fact this is N-Europe.
Hehe... I actually redesigned the banner several times before settling on that design, it's not easy dealing with so many characters in such a reduced space.

In the end I decided to focus on those 4 characters because it's just such an iconic image. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine we'd get to see Pac-Man, Mario, Mega Man and Sonic all together in one game! :awesome:

But yeah, that meant Shulk and everyone else had to be shoved into the background.

I need to watch that trailer again now... :hehe:

So cool. :love:

As for Shulk's glorious British accent, while I appreciate what they did with the localisation of Xenoblade, I must confess that 99% of the 80 or so hours I spent playing that game were with the Japanese audio track and English subtitles.

I simply couldn't stand the constant chatter during battles, "It's Reyn time" etc... :laughing: Much preferred it when I couldn't understand what the hell they were saying, as it then just blended in with the Music/SFX. :heh:

I'd be interested in an N-E tournament if the game had voice chat during battles. Otherwise I'm just not interested.

I don't get the need for voice chat in tense battles 100% of concentration should go on playing , not taunting or swearing ;)

Do your talking on the battlefeild

I'm not bothered about the competitive side but I'm well up for playing for a laugh.

Yeah exactly. I'm awful at smash, but any excuse to have some games is good with me, can't wait. Haven't really played a smash extensively since the n64 version.

Is lobby chat really not enough? Why not organise Skype of whatever?

I don't get the need for voice chat in tense battles 100% of concentration should go on playing , not taunting or swearing ;)

Do your talking on the battlefeild

Because for me Smash isn't about being the best I can be at it, it's about having fun... absolutely mental, crazy fun! For me that's onły multiplied by being able to chat to my mates... it's essential for me!

ShopTo are processing everything except my GCN controller. Weird
Same here. Wonder what that's all about. :blank:

Not hugely fussed if it doesn't make it for launch, as I still have my original GCN pads/wavebird. But it is a bit strange how they're not sending them together. :hmm:

Shopto have done my amiibo but not my adaptor or pad... That'd be annoying if it didn't come.

Shopto have done my amiibo but not my adaptor or pad... That'd be annoying if it didn't come.
Huh, you're getting everything separately? How come you didn't go for the game/adapter bundle? :blank: