NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Nice to see that the game origin/release date info is in the Wii U game's trophies :) Always bothered me that they were missing in the 3DS trophies section (guess it really was for lack of screen resolution after all :p )

Got the email from ShopTo. :yay:

No mention of the GCN controller I ordered though, just the game/adapter bundle. :hmm:

Did anyone else who ordered the controller from ShopTo get a confirmation email for it yet? :blank:

Got the email from ShopTo. :yay:

Same. Although I just ordered the game.

Anyone else using a couple of holidays from work for this? I know Kav did but Nintendo screwed him over. @S\.C\.G?

I have no time off and I somehow offered to babysit kids, so I won't have access to the game over the weekend.

I have no time off and I somehow offered to babysit kids, so I won't have access to the game over the weekend.

Take your Wii U with you while you babysit. Let's the kiddies play Smash with you!

You tell them to go to bed. They say no. Settle it in Smash. :D

I was going to do the same, but after spending so much time playing the 3DS version (and having to be careful not to destroy my 3DS in the process :heh:) I decided to get the adapter and a new GCN pad so I could just go nuts on it. :D

What controller are you gonna be using for Smash then?

Anyone else using a couple of holidays from work for this? I know Kav did but Nintendo screwed him over. @S\.C\.G?
Yep. :bouncy:

I was going to do the same, but after spending so much time playing the 3DS version (and having to be careful not to destroy my 3DS in the process :heh:) I decided to get the adapter and a new GCN pad so I could just go nuts on it. :D

What controller are you gonna be using for Smash then?

I'll be picking up the adaptor and Cube controller on the Friday from GAME. I need to go pick up my Amiibo and Pokemon anyway and figured I would just get it with the credit I have.

If the game arrives early *crosses fingers* then I'll just use the CCP until then.

Just realised, Nintendo are gonna be getting close to £300 off me this weekend!:eek:

I've just had the best part of two weeks off so I managed to at least clear some of my backlog in preparation so while I won't have any time off for Smash I do at least feel a little more battle ready for it. :)

Also all going well I should have the game on Thursday so I'll be playing it straight after work. :D

Nah, I just happen to have three days off in a row this weekend anyway (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). No booking off needed :awesome:

Edited by Dcubed

I'll be picking up the adaptor and Cube controller on the Friday from GAME. I need to go pick up my Amiibo and Pokemon anyway and figured I would just get it with the credit I have.

Have you pre-ordered the adaptor? Shops in the US got little in terms of stock of the adaptor.

Just realised, Nintendo are gonna be getting close to £300 off me this weekend!:eek:
Now think about how much they've got from you since you began gaming... ;)

Actually, don't. :woops:

I just thought about how much I've spent on gaming over the years, it was scary. :laughing:

Have you pre-ordered the adaptor? Shops in the US got little in terms of stock of the adaptor.
Yeah, I've been hearing that the adapter is hard to get hold of over there, and the bundle sold out etc... Seems weird though, you'd think they'd have made loads of 'em. ::shrug:

Nah. I was hoping just to walk into the store and get it.

Now think about how much they've got from you since you began gaming... ;)

I don't wanna. :shakehead

Lovingly nicked from a GAF thread.

Random passer-by's are asked to name all the Smash Bros characters. Giggles ensue.

Couldn't help but cringe with almost everyone calling Link "Zelda". I'm such a nerd.

Ness totally looks like a "Timmy" though.

I'm going to hit the bricks and mortar on Friday. I want this day 1 so couldn't trust any site to get it here on time. I should really pre order just to be safe, kept hoping to find it cheaper elsewhere but the best I can find it for is a €50 note. And the adapter is way overpriced for all it does at the minute. €70 is the best deal for that that I can find.

Edited by Wii

I'm going to hit the bricks and mortar on Friday. I want this day 1 so couldn't trust any site to get it here on time. I should really pre order just to be safe, kept hoping to find it cheaper elsewhere but the best I can find it for is a €50 note. And the adapter is way overpriced for all it does at the minute. €70 is the best deal for that that I can find.

If mine isn't here by next week when I want it(went through Flubit) I'll just do the bastard thing of buying from the high street then returning the other when it arrives. Used to use that classic as a kid when deliveries from online were much slower.

I'll probs be getting this on the 25th Dec. And not a moment before!

Can't decide whether to get the adapter or try and learn to play with something other than a GC controller...

If the game arrives early *crosses fingers* then I'll just use the CCP until then.

Yeah I'm thankful I don't like Pokemon so at least I don't have that!!

You getting ALL Amiibo?!

Yeah I'm thankful I don't like Pokemon so at least I don't have that!!

You getting ALL Amiibo?!

Hopefully. It depends on what stock they have and if they look decent. I don't want any with shoddy paint jobs or deformities. I'm gonna be that guy who is picking them all off the shelf and looking at them carefully, one by one. :D

Hopefully. It depends on what stock they have and if they look decent. I don't want any with shoddy paint jobs or deformities. I'm gonna be that guy who is picking them all off the shelf and looking at them carefully, one by one. :D

Ha, yeah I've preordered all mine and getting worried about getting a special needs batch. I'll just send them back! Can't wait.

#unlikelyconverstaionfromtwo30yearoldmen

Couldn't help but cringe with almost everyone calling Link "Zelda". I'm such a nerd.

Ness totally looks like a "Timmy" though.

Yeah, stuff like that annoys the hell out of me too. I just knew they were gonna do the same thing with Samus/Metroid.

Poor ROB and Rosalina being mistaken for Disney/Pixar characters. :shakehead

You can see which characters people grew up with or have mainstream appeal. The Fire Emblem crew didn't stand a chance. :D

Yeah, stuff like that annoys the hell out of me too. I just knew they were gonna do the same thing with Samus/Metroid.

Poor ROB and Rosalina being mistaken for Disney/Pixar characters. :shakehead

You can see which characters people grew up with or have mainstream appeal. The Fire Emblem crew didn't stand a chance. :D

I was actually quite impressed with the amount of people who recognised Duck Hunt Dog from the Smash render. Dat childhood!

I was actually quite impressed with the amount of people who recognised Duck Hunt Dog from the Smash render. Dat childhood!

That poor guy who couldn't think of Captain Falcons name. :D His girlfriend wasn't much help either.

Smash off to a great start in the US.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now the fastest-selling Wii U title ever in the U.S. market (dethroning Mario Kart 8), with more than 490,000 physical and digital units combined sold during the three-day period of Nov. 21 through Nov. 23.

SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U IS THE FASTEST-SELLING WII U GAME EVER IN THE U.S.

​If you were going to diagram an equation for a record-breaking software launch, it would probably look something like this:

Popular Franchise (more than 14 million Super Smash Bros. games sold in the U.S. alone)

+

Demand (it has been six years since the last Super Smash Bros. console game, plus the new game benefits from heightened awareness for the franchise coming on the heels of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game)

+

Critical Acclaim (current Metacritic score of 93, making it the highest-rated original game of this generation, tied with last year’s Super Mario 3D World game)

+

Strong Reaction from Fans (current user score of 9.2 on Metacritic, becoming the eighth Wii U game to have a Metacritic score of 85 or higher AND a user score of 8.5 or higher)

=

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now the fastest-selling Wii U title ever in the U.S. market (dethroning Mario Kart 8), with more than 490,000 physical and digital units combined sold during the three-day period of Nov. 21 through Nov. 23.

“The Nintendo holiday is off to a great start, but there’s a lot of work left to do and a few more surprises in store for our fans,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “With great deals coming on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and great content like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launching next week, Nintendo will offer shoppers the best combination of fun and value this holiday season.”

Just read that on mynintendonews. That's a brilliant start. Half a million already. I think it'll break the million mark easily in the States.