NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

zlCfzSkiW58NrmrKC2

It's Duck Hunt Dog

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It's so weird how that's still a spoiler, but I guess quite a lot of people are just waiting for the Wii U version.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the vid, as I love that "new" character. :hehe:

Hopefully that means the other hidden newcomer will also get a trailer... The Direct is gonna be great! :D

Also, clearing 100-Man Smash with all characters is very tedious... Luckily it doesn't take too long, but it's so boring... Can't wait to be done with this challenge. (Halfway there now...)

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.

For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/

For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

Edited by Wii

Wow, dat attention to detail! I love that it seems likely every fighter in the game gets his own "title" (like King of the Jungle and Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire) :yay::bowdown:

I was trying to think what some of the others titles will be:

Link - Hero Of Time

Peach - Mushroom Kingdom Princess

Captain Falcon - F-Zero Champion

Pac-man - Pill popping junkie

Shulk - Wielder of the Monado

Pikachu - Stupid Pokemon

Kirby - Pink shape shifting hoover

Sonic - Blue speed demon

Wii Fit Trainer - Fitness guru

Zelda - Hyrule princess

Diddy Kong - Dirty stinking ape

Mario - The Italian job

Villager - Psychopath

Little Mac - Knockout king

Pikmin & Olimar - Lost in space

Starfox - Intergalactic space pilot

Yoshi - Mean green eating machine

I'll stop now because they're awful.

That's awesome and makes me really want a VC release of the original arcade Punchout games!

B0sOS9zCIAAc_-v.jpg:orig

Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once.

B0sPRWaCcAAcoQ5.jpg:orig

And here's a stage prepared for a large number of fighters, Big Battlefield!! Fighters can spread out, so it should be easier battling on a stage like this.

Also, official site update:

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-7.jpg

screen-8.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-10.jpg

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-7.jpg

screen-8.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-10.jpg

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

The insanity of 8-Player Smash:

Completely bonkers. :hehe:

Does look amazing I have to say!

The insanity of 8-Player Smash:

Completely bonkers. :hehe:

Totally not going to train 7 amiibo and fight them all at once.

I'm really not feeling that Mario Galaxy stage, I think it's the neon green grass and bright blue space background. Looks like a Sega visual.

I'm really not feeling that Mario Galaxy stage, I think it's the neon green grass and bright blue space background. Looks like a Sega visual.

Looks like Mario Galaxy visuals to me :p

Not sure why it looking like a SEGA visual would be a bad thing. :p

After the Smash Direct on Thursday, I have lost all interest in playing the 3DS version. Just biding my time for the Wii U one.

Yeah, I'm done with Smash 3DS too. On to the main course.

It's a shame because I adored the 3DS version before Thursday. Now it seems lame and empty

It's a shame because I adored the 3DS version before Thursday. Now it seems lame and empty

I was never that keen on the handheld controls, but I recently realised I was actually getting less excited for the Wii U version after playing the 3DS all the time. I'm doing myself a massive favour by holding off for now.

That's how I felt on the 5th of October, there really isn't a lot to do in the 3DS game if you don't play online or have friends to play with. I'm going to try and complete all the challenges before the Wii U version comes out then I can probably sell my copy, doubt I'll ever play it once I have it on Wii U.

The 3DS game has some of the best stages in the series though! And Smash Run is irreplaceable (if you have local friends to play with of course).

No way could the Wii U game "replace" the 3DS one. There's far too much exclusive content here. Do you guys like never play older Mario Kart or Smash Bros games because the new hotness is out? No way! We still play stuff like Double Dash, Brawl, Mario Kart 7 and the older Mario Tennis/Golf games alongside the new ones!

It's just more Smash. The Wii U game will add to the series, but not take away what the 3DS game did! You're not going to see stuff like Pacmaze or Golden Plains on the Wii U game, nor will you get stuff like Smash Run.

The 3DS game has some of the best stages in the series though! And Smash Run is irreplaceable (if you have local friends to play with of course).

No way could the Wii U game "replace" the 3DS one. There's far too much exclusive content here. Do you guys like never play older Mario Kart or Smash Bros games because the new hotness is out? No way! We still play stuff like Double Dash, Brawl, Mario Kart 7 and the older Mario Tennis/Golf games alongside the new ones!

It's just more Smash. The Wii U game will add to the series, but not take away what the 3DS game did! You're not going to see stuff like Pacmaze or Golden Plains on the Wii U game, nor will you get stuff like Smash Run.

Yeah those are the only things drawing me back :p

I've been holding back since launch so it doesn't take the shine off the Wii U one, however, I think it's incredible and will play it more once the WIi U version comes, it's just a different version of it, fun in it's own way and good for travelling, at work, in bed etc