NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Also, the "Master Order" and "Crazy Order" are now clearly challenge modes.

I'm also interested by them mentioning creating stages specifically on the GamePad. Perhaps you can actually draw stages (although I don't expect it, because penis).

I sort of hoped for a single player adventure mode similar to Smash Run but I guess that's looking unlikely now.

Also, the "Master Order" and "Crazy Order" are now clearly challenge modes.

I'm also interested by them mentioning creating stages specifically on the GamePad. Perhaps you can actually draw stages (although I don't expect it, because penis).

I'm sure I/it's been said before but it'd be cool if the pictochat stage/something in the same style could have people drawing on the gamepad during play - with potentially specific drawings/symbols doing different things? Very specific use, but I'd like the idea.

Pic Of The Day is late today considering the last 2 Mondays have been up before 6.30 a.m. I think it could be a character reveal, Game & Watch, then Bowser Jr. and then I think it's Jigglypuff going by they're unlocked in the 3DS game.

Translation from Famitsu on how Sakurai chooses the Pic Of The Day:

Famitsu: Updating the website with “pic of the day”, in what way you do the updates?

MS: First I decide what theme to show, photographed at the desk, come up with a manuscript, and then I have to ask someone at Nintendo to update. Since I’m usually very busy, when I get the chance, I finish several posts in advance. Also, because of all the translations, I have to have the posts ready 10 days in advance.

10 days in advance and yet the time of their release daily is haphazard.

It's taking too long. *leaves room*

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

zlCfzSkIxXsomDvgwX

Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them.

zlCfzSkIxkkXDWJ8Kr

Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap.

zlCfzSkIwo0B0jojcr

In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings.

Edited by Serebii

10 days in advance and yet the time of their release daily is haphazard.

It's taking too long. *leaves room*

Are you really expecting competence from Nintendo lackeys? ;)

Coin Battle is back too! (you can see it in the first shot on the left, next to the Stock and Time modes).

Nice to see it not get overlooked here, it's a really underrated mode :)

No mention of item frequency though... I hope it's not a case of parity with the 3DS game here...

No mention of item frequency though... I hope it's not a case of parity with the 3DS game here...
Yeah. Pretty strange how that option was removed. :hmm:

Love Villager's expression in that last pic. :D

Coin Battle is back too! (you can see it in the first shot on the left, next to the Stock and Time modes).

Nice to see it not get overlooked here, it's a really underrated mode :)

Maybe we can expect to see Item Frequency DLC for only £2.99

I think I'll actually skip this direct, I'm deflated enough after the 3DS version and think if there's anything left that I haven't already seen I don't want to spoil it. I think this double release has completely killed it for me :(

Perhaps you can actually draw stages (although I don't expect it, because penis).

Dat stylus has gotta be used for something someday surely.

So we had some cosplayers at our weekend StreetPass meet to celebrate the release of Smash Bros on 3DS!

10478129_10152330117256432_2032286304256940947_n.jpg?oh=ab04eae047e7b7ac421b996ac560badf&oe=54B005C3&__gda__=1425409212_72d4e274894cdf521eedbfb1db47bd9b

I can't look at Duck Hunt dog the same way again ... :eek:

dToLhRr.jpg

Yet? :heh:

Would be amazed if that game got released in Europe.

Anyway, how's everyone doing with the challenges? I've got 6 left to complete, 1 on the 2nd panel (the StreetPass one* :indeed:) and 5 on the 3rd. Not used any golden hammers though.

*I swear, if I StreetPass one more person that has SSB as their recent software, but hasn't enabled StreetSmash, I'm going to go crazy! :shakehead

Getting increasingly tempted to set up a SP relay using my own Wi-Fi just to finally complete that "challenge".

I'm still stuck on the "three custom outfits" challenge on the frigging first screen. Seriously frustrated with that as it is sooooooooooo random and has nothing to do with skill or whatever, only pure luck. That's no challenge or achievment, that's just rubbish :mad:

I have collected nearly every custom move in the game, trophy, hat, etc, but just 1!!!! custom outfit :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

This really needs to be fleshed out for the Wii U version :blank:

Pic of the day. The trophies from the Xenoblade series can be found mostly in the Wii U version. Here's Melia looking the other way.

zlCfzSkWOHsDxfNqZv

dToLhRr.jpg

Yet? :heh:

Would be amazed if that game got released in Europe.

Anyway, how's everyone doing with the challenges? I've got 6 left to complete, 1 on the 2nd panel (the StreetPass one* :indeed:) and 5 on the 3rd. Not used any golden hammers though.

*I swear, if I StreetPass one more person that has SSB as their recent software, but hasn't enabled StreetSmash, I'm going to go crazy! :shakehead

Getting increasingly tempted to set up a SP relay using my own Wi-Fi just to finally complete that "challenge".

I just used my golden hammer for the streetpass challenge because streetsmash is rubbish and I'm not wasting my streetpass slots for it.

I have 14 challenges left on page 3, mostly the ones that are play this mode with every character, gotta get more trophies and custom moves and equipment too

I just used my golden hammer for the streetpass challenge because streetsmash is rubbish and I'm not wasting my streetpass slots for it.
8x8lmr.gif

You're right though, StreetSmash is rubbish. :hehe:

8x8lmr.gif

You're right though, StreetSmash is rubbish. :hehe:

Music is hilarious though.

Being a Londoner, it was very easy to get that challenge done. It was done long before I even got the second page.

I have around 6 challenges left on page 3, collecting stuff mostly, but also Classic 9.0 and 100 Man-Smash with everyone. (I'm up to Lucario on that)

I'm still stuck on the "three custom outfits" challenge on the frigging first screen. Seriously frustrated with that as it is sooooooooooo random and has nothing to do with skill or whatever, only pure luck. That's no challenge or achievment, that's just rubbish :mad:

I have collected nearly every custom move in the game, trophy, hat, etc, but just 1!!!! custom outfit :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

This really needs to be fleshed out for the Wii U version :blank:

I only need three more pieces of Mii headgear and I've got the lot, but I'm not going to bother focusing on hunting for them. Trophies, custom moves ad equipment all have effective means to collect them, but the same is not so for headgear and outfits. And in the pretty rare event that I do get a hat, assuming that all hats have an equal chance of being collected, I have about 5% chance of getting a new one. And sometimes, the game reeeaaally wants to rub this in.

JBKleFF.png

That's Barbara the Bat Wig number 24, by the way.

That is six pieces of Mii headgear in a single run of Classic Mode, a miracle in itself, and not a single one of them is new. But... but you wanna know the best part? Three of those hats are Waluigi Caps.

F61pZ76.png

WAH!

6sJSiiS.png

WAH!

cQlUHFP.gif

tCPTM5t.gif

Just... just wait for this week's Nintendo Direct and hope there's news that you can transfer hats and outfits between versions, and pray you get the hats you don't have early in the Wii U game. These things really should have acted like Brawl's CDs (you could never collect the same song twice).

Wah.