NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Really, I think make it 3 minutes and it'd improve the mode no end, plus make it online, there's no logic for it not to be... Local play sash bros will be amazing I'm sure!

If you want an online Smash battle may as well just play regular Smash. I think Smash Run should be all about the 5 minutes going around some big level collecting stats.

On another note, is there any way of posting a pic I snapped to Miiverse? Can't see any way to which seems a bit strange!

Eiji Aonuma Wants Mario Kart 8's DLC Master Cycle In Future Zelda Games

Extra horsepower for the Zelda franchise

It's not long now until November, which means the first batch of DLC for Mario Kart 8 will arrive. As it's The Legend of Zelda x Mario Kart 8 and will include Link as a playable character, there's understandable hype.

The recent reveal of The Master Cycle naturally grabbed our attention, then, a rather slick bike that resembles Epona. Eiji Aonuma has now shared his views on it through Miiverse, revealing a little about how it'll ride and making a slightly startling admission.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

His reference to wanting to use it is likely to have Legend of Zelda fans dreaming, or possibly dreading, the implications. Naturally, Aonuma-san's desire and admiration for the design doesn't mean it'll actually happen, but the talk of a Zelda game with a fresh, potentially futuristic setting will return; it's something that the famous series producer has spoken about in the past.

For the record, this Master Cycle brings the known content for the first DLC pack to include the following:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link

4 Vehicles - Blue Falcon, B Dasher, Master Cycle + 1 unannounced vehicle

8 Courses including Wario's Gold Mine (MK Wii) and an F-Zero track

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/eiji_aonuma_wants_mario_kart_8s_dlc_master_cycle_in_future_zelda_games

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlrPvX5hw

Edited by Wii

If you want an online Smash battle may as well just play regular Smash. I think Smash Run should be all about the 5 minutes going around some big level collecting stats.

On another note, is there any way of posting a pic I snapped to Miiverse? Can't see any way to which seems a bit strange!

But that's not what smash run is though is it, it's the building yup of stats, but also there are loads of different types of games within smash battle. At no point did I say I just wanted to battle.

Already posted.

Such an awful usage... really hope other games have better uses.

Yeah, the Amiibo usage sounds like complete garbage. Try explaining that in an exciting way to a kid, I doubt they'll be leaving their Skylanders any time soon :p

The things haven't even released yet and it's already a complete mess, continuing with the 'let's confuse our customers as much as possible' route they've been going with lately

Figures shown not actual size and designs may vary. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary per game. Visit amiibo.com for specific details on how each amiibo works.

Note: A future software update will allow amiibo functionality in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. More details will be provided in the future.

As for the Zelda thing, I wouldn't be too surprised to see that bike in a future game, especially from what he has said. Looking back to the Zelda E3 trailer, it had that weird half robotic monster near the end shooting lasers, so it would fit in.

Edited by Josh64

Sounds pretty deep, actually.

By the way, it occurred to me that we've only had 4 newcomers (Little Mac, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager) from NINTENDO who are new in the sense that they represent a franchise.

Pretty sad that no newcomers from unrepresented franchises have become playable.

No one from Advance Wars,

No one from Rhythm Paradise,

No one from the Paper Mario // Mario&Luigi series

Sounds pretty deep, actually.

By the way, it occurred to me that we've only had 4 newcomers (Little Mac, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager) from NINTENDO who are new in the sense that they represent a franchise.

Pretty sad that no newcomers from unrepresented franchises have become playable.

No one from Advance Wars,

No one from Rhythm Paradise,

No one from the Paper Mario // Mario&Luigi series

Also, another one of the newcomers is from an old (and truly classic) franchise.

And don't forget the Miis, who represent Nintendo's recent history. Or Pac-Man and Megaman, who aren't Nintendo, but are still valuable franchsies.

I would say this game was quite good at inviting "new series", actually (and Paper Mario has a stage! It's something.)

It sounds quite deep, just utterly rubbish, and pointless. I don't see the fun in it at all.

Amiibo will be successful I have no doubt, but in spite of the game functionality rather than because of it.

It seems weird that it's only AI controlled. I get the notion of carrying around a pocket fighter to help you out but it just seems just as good an idea to have you play as said custom fighter as well.

Saw this on Zelda Informer

In this week's issue of Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, the creator and director of Super Smash Bros., Masahiro Sakurai, says that development on the game isn't finished yet. When a fan questioned him on how it feels to have finished with the development on Super Smash Bros., Sakurai replied:

“I’m not done yet… Game development is very hard. You cannot get through it without sacrificing everything, including your own private life, and you often get hurt. However, I’m grateful that so many people have been involved, for the games that are completed, and all the people who play the games.”

Sakurai reiterates that you will be able to use your 3DS as a controller for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - of course, we already knew that. He also reveals that sharing of both Mii fighters and customized fighters between the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will be possible. He also mentions that an announcement will be coming soon - possibly in the form of a Nintendo Direct - which will highlight the "true potential of Smash Bros." for the Wii U version.

Super Smash Bros. Isn't Finished Being Made

With Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS out, creator Masahiro Sakurai's job is only half done. When one fan asked him how it felt to be done with the development on Super Smash Bros., he replied, "I'm not done yet..."

"Game development is very hard." Sakurai went on in his column in Weekly Famitsu. "You cannot get through it without sacrificing everything, including your own private life, and you often get hurt. However, I'm grateful that so many people have been involved, for the games that are completed, and all the people who play the games."

Moving on from the topic of the 3DS version of the game to the upcoming Wii U version, Sakurai addressed questions on the topic. On the subject of compatibility between the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game, Sakurai noted, "If you have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. you will be able to use your 3DS as a controller for the Wii U version."

Sakurai also added that players would be able to share customized fighters and Mii fighters between the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game.

As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakura stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon.

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-isnt-finished-being-made-1647031197

So a Smash Direct is approaching. Good stuff. Going off Directs for previous released games I wouldn't be surprised if it's by the end of this week. It's actually very late in comparison to some games. Are they thinking it's too soon after the 3DS launch or will it steal some of the attention away from Bayonetta 2's launch?

Like I said I'm not with it today.

Really, I think make it 3 minutes and it'd improve the mode no end, plus make it online, there's no logic for it not to be... Local play sash bros will be amazing I'm sure!

See yes like you and everyone else has said it makes little to no sense as a single player mode. I can't see myself spending any time at all with it.

Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Review Discussion (IGN)

Smash Run seems to be their biggest problem as well and the part of the discussion devoted the largest chunk of time.

Pic of the day. Zael from The Last Story grabs some Superspicy Curry from Master Hand. "No…! You mustn't let that curry lure you in…!!" In the Wii U version, you can take photos of dream collaborations and funny situations with your trophies in the Photo Studio.

zlCfzSjYb-EeLZUGTj

Edited by Wii

zlCfzSjYaQ4vLjDlGZ

Pic of the day. Zael from The Last Story grabs some Superspicy Curry from Master Hand. "No…! You mustn't let that curry lure you in…!!" In the Wii U version, you can take photos of dream collaborations and funny situations with your trophies in the Photo Studio.

Edited by Serebii

zlCfzSjYb-EeLZUGTj

Are those the girls from Fatal Frame that I see in the background!?

Are those the girls from Fatal Frame that I see in the background!?

I think so, fairly sure they are.

Board game = Mario Party meets Smash? Instead of minigames you have brawls of varying rulesets each time round?