NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

For any 3DS owners interested(tho project M and melee too) - Smash or DI 3 on the 8th November in Surbiton, £3 in advance, £5 on the door for the whole day, extra for tourneys. I'm hoping to go, get wasted, and have a good time. Let me know if any of yous might attend too and I'll make sure we meet up and smash. Not only for competitives, can just go for casuals/friendlies/general lols - seems to be a few folks in a similar boat as myself in terms of skill(or lack thereof).

https://www.facebook.com/events/315328701984554/

(I will hopefully have smash 3ds by then too. I'm also at Meltdown in London for at least the next couple of Wednesday eves where they have a bit of PM and/or Melee smash each week)

I'm actually tempted by that. Would be cool to have some drinks and catch up too. Hmm....

I'm actually tempted by that. Would be cool to have some drinks and catch up too. Hmm....

I'd keep you down at mine in SE for the weekend if I didn't have to work(sadly bills don't pay themselves) but if you can get down(even just for the day) should be a chuckle. Obvs bring a GC pad for PM/Melees, 3DS+Smash4, and booze/whatevs in the local area(I shall be procuring some Lambs Spiced and coke methinks). This is going to be my first proper event I'm going to, but it does seem like it's really quite for everyone regardless of skill. Everyone so far has been pretty cool/welcoming that I've spoken to on the fb event and elsewhere, and the guys I've met at Meltdown are solid too even thought I'm heavily outclassed. I'm excited for the people I'm meeting more than the game itself in some ways!

Let me show you my moves! :heh:

This happened tonight in an online game with N-E peeps:

Very unusual for me to do something skillful like that, so I had to save/GIF it. :laughing:

Let me show you my moves! :heh:

This happened tonight in an online game with N-E peeps:

Very unusual for me to do something skillful like that, so I had to save/GIF it. :laughing:

Are people playing online then from here? Would like to get involved, but I'm awful!!

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - Pub TV MiiFighter (French Ad)

So that's everywhere bar the U.S. that knows how to make a decent Smash ad.

"Your Miis will face off against the likes of Mario, Zelda, Pikachu, and the terrifying Bowser!"

Zelda is, indeed, the name of a character in this game. How thoughtful of them, mentioning her instead of, say, Link :blank:

Are people playing online then from here? Would like to get involved, but I'm awful!!

Only one way to change that, bro!

Btw what's everyone playing on? XL or original? My mate showed me it on XL on Sat, it was...better than the brief demo on original felt, but still a bit hand-crampy-feeling, so still feeling a little unsure how much time I'll give the 3DS version if I get it(rocking original innit). Stupidly left it in the office today, but plan to finaly post off for repair tomorrow, once I know it's on the way back to me I'ma order a copy of the game!

Pic of the day. Now here's a challenge… Find Stalfos!! (Difficulty Level 3) This is a close-up of a specific area in the Trophy Hoard, but the search will be more challenging if you zoom out. You can change the alignment of these trophies by holding down a direction on the +Control Pad while you're entering Trophy Hoard.

zlCfzSi0-_QqRB1Cpl

Only one way to change that, bro!

Btw what's everyone playing on? XL or original? My mate showed me it on XL on Sat, it was...better than the brief demo on original felt, but still a bit hand-crampy-feeling, so still feeling a little unsure how much time I'll give the 3DS version if I get it(rocking original innit). Stupidly left it in the office today, but plan to finaly post off for repair tomorrow, once I know it's on the way back to me I'ma order a copy of the game!

I'm playing on an XL and haven't had any problems other than the very first day where I got a sore thumb on my right hand possible from playing too much. It helps that I have small hands I guess, I never had a problem with Kid Icarus Uprising either and I played that on the original 3DS :D

Well I finally cracked and picked up my first 3DS game in quite some time! One thing that does have me slightly confused is unlocking characters? I played through solo regular mode (which is hidden away) and unlocked a new challenger as a result...then I played one random single smash battle and unlocked a second character...also don't quite get the point of Smash Run? Do I keep playing or each battle a self contained battle? Is there an end?

Do I need to keep hiding secret characters in Spoiler Tags?

screen-1.jpgscreen-2.jpgscreen-3.jpgscreen-4.jpgscreen-5.jpgscreen-6.jpgscreen-7.jpgscreen-8.jpgscreen-9.jpgscreen-10.jpg

screen-1.jpgscreen-2.jpgscreen-3.jpgscreen-4.jpgscreen-5.jpgscreen-6.jpgscreen-7.jpgscreen-8.jpgscreen-9.jpgscreen-10.jpg

Edited by Serebii

Do I need to keep hiding secret characters in Spoiler Tags?

Nah, I wouldn't think so. Everybody knows the cast at this stage. Even Sakurai doesn't bother to hide anything anymore.

Pic of the day. Now, what mode is this…?!

"Master Order" and "Crazy Order", apparently.

"Master Order" and "Crazy Order", apparently.

Spolier tags please. Joking, you're alright.

I reckon we'll be able to play as the Hands in that mode.

That's Crazy.

2zbbEPv.png

Fiiiinally.

Now all that's left is... the Mii hats. Y... Yaaay...

Know how many times I've collected that Barbara the Bat Wig? Nineteen times. And that's only since I started counting. Why do you hate me, Sakurai?

2zbbEPv.png

Fiiiinally.

Now all that's left is... the Mii hats. Y... Yaaay...

Know how many times I've collected that Barbara the Bat Wig? Nineteen times. And that's only since I started counting. Why do you hate me, Sakurai?

Kinda reminds me of the Boo sticker in Brawl, ended up with 99 of those by the time I 100% it.

Not that I mind, Boo rocks. But I thought it was funny.

NINTENDO UPDATES OFFICIAL SMASH BROS WEBSITE WITH NEW AMIIBO INFORMATION

Nintendo has updated and added more information on how the upcoming Amiibo models will work in conjunction with Super Smash Bros for Wii U. The game’s official website now lists a handy guide on exactly how your trusty figure player will take form in the upcoming brawler. Given Amiibos are still shrouded in mystery, particularly the 3DS version which requires a peripheral device, it’s a neat section to brush up on your figure player knowledge.

As Sakurai announced in one of his many daily Miiverse posts, your selected Amiibo can be brought into the game by selecting the NFC icon on the bottom left-hand corner of the Wii U GamePad. This will then magically transform your Amiibo trophy into a Figure Player, which is able to level-up and fight on its own within Smash Bros. So that means the more you let your Amiibo fight, the quicker it will increase its level to the maximum of 50, allowing for much greater attack and defence stats.

According to the guide, Amiibo Figure Players will be able to take up new battle tactics the more they fight against stronger opponents, plus they’ll even bring you presents such as gold and custom parts, which can then be “fed” to your Amiibo for stat gains. You can check out all of the Amiibo features in Nintendo’s guide, here. A snippet of the guide can also be found below:

The maximum level for an FP is 50. A figure player’s levels will increase even faster if you take it to a friend’s house to play or let it fight against other FPs.

Feed equipment you pick up in the game to your figure players to raise their attack, defence and speed. You can also give a figure player up to three abilities by feeding it equipment with special attributes, and you can customise your FP’s special moves as you do with other fighters in Custom mode.

Figure players can fight on their own and will grow in ability. Depending on how they’re taught and raised, the capabilities and even the personalities of figure players will change, making each amiibo uniquely your own.

smash_bros_amiibo_mode.jpg

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/15/nintendo-updates-official-smash-bros-website-with-new-amiibo-information/

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry8.html

Mysterious Smash Bros Wii U Mode, Smash World & 8-Player Smash Rumor Discussion

Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though....

zlCfzSjNZw40-2r1vB

Well I finally cracked and picked up my first 3DS game in quite some time! One thing that does have me slightly confused is unlocking characters? I played through solo regular mode (which is hidden away) and unlocked a new challenger as a result...then I played one random single smash battle and unlocked a second character...also don't quite get the point of Smash Run? Do I keep playing or each battle a self contained battle? Is there an end?

Every 10 battles you have, you get a "Challenger Approaching" siren and a new character appear for a battle. I unlocked a few through playing Classic and All Star modes as well, i believe each character can be unlocked in multiple ways. Easiest being Smash mode with the standard "10 battles".

Regarding Smash run, i don't quite get it either. You level up your character, then after 5 minutes battle the 3 CPU characters whom have been doing the same. This mode does sound like it should be online for more fun.

Personally I find Smash Run the most fun mode of the game, love going around the course and fighting enemies. If anything I wish there was no time limit and it was just that.

Personally I find Smash Run the most fun mode of the game, love going around the course and fighting enemies. If anything I wish there was no time limit and it was just that.

I'm also on that boat. Whilst I don't think it's more fun than ordinary Smash Battles, I do wish that the time limit could be removed, and I also wish that you could choose which game type should be the final battle.