NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

More that I hold grudges against stops for a stupid amount of time, and Zavii is one of those.

fair enough... I was worried it may have been an issue with them take a stupidly long time to get orders sent out!

Is Falco digging for worms?

Even during the Final Battle, Falco always has time to hunt for food.

Comment moved, more appropriate in Wii U general discussion.

Edited by Wii

My Bowser glitched out and grew an extra pair of hands. I can't explain why, but just looking at it makes me cringe.

UNp0llK.jpg

And here we have Adolf fighting his arch-nemesis, Jerry Seinfeld

IXlWU7U.jpg

Got a great new item for my Mii today:

A Red Shell hat! :yay:

F6ybdOs.jpg

Here it is in action:

oH6fDg1.jpg

Oi, Luigi! Watch where you're stomping!:

aObWNbx.jpg

:heh:

Thought I'd share an online match I had today. Definitely the shortest For Glory match I've had so far!

Finally starting to enjoy the game a little more now. It's still my least favourite in the series ( for a number of reasons ) but at least things are starting to click now.

I'm still not a fan of Smash Run though. I do enjoy seeing the enemies from various games kicking about but I find the whole thing far too long.

^Yeah, having to do (and win!) Smash Run with all characters is going to be a chore.

Had one, ONE, online match today - just to see it. I quickly abandoned ship, it took the game at least half a second from input to reaction. It threw me completely off and ended up losing. Apart from that it was fluid though, but is this considered as lag?

^Yeah, having to do (and win!) Smash Run with all characters is going to be a chore.

Had one, ONE, online match today - just to see it. I quickly abandoned ship, it took the game at least half a second from input to reaction. It threw me completely off and ended up losing. Apart from that it was fluid though, but is this considered as lag?

That's what we call input lag when your button presses are delayed. The other type of lag online is when the game pauses and plays in slow motion.

I have such mixed thoughts about this game! I was loving it initially, then ripped it apart when discussing it with a few people but then, today, saw the light once more.

I was on the train home, playng the starfox stage, I was Ness against a level 9 Pikachu. This intense battle was happening and then I suddenly thought of my fat 13 year-old self and all the time I'd spent on that stage. That's when I thought shit, I'm playing a perfect re-creation of that level, perhaps with even better graphics, in 3D, on my handheld console, on a damn train. I think my young self would have had a heart attack. In that moment, I nearly did.

It may come short in some regards, but it's still a technical marvel. I just wish it retained more of the Melee charm.

I'm still not a fan of Smash Run though. I do enjoy seeing the enemies from various games kicking about but I find the whole thing far too long.
Smash Run is definitely an odd one. At first I was just really confused by it, then I found it boring/pretty much hated it, and now I love it! :hehe:

I think it's just one of those things that can take quite a while to get into, but it is a fun mode (eventually).

I love the little throwbacks to previous Smash mini-games, like Break the Targets! and Race to the Finish! :love: But yeah, it's blatantly been designed as a multiplayer experience primarily, so playing against the CPU is never going to be as enjoyable. Shame they couldn't get it running online. :hmm:

Think I'm in the camp of loving this game more than previous editions. Not sure on the Mii's though - too many characters seems like the structure of the game has made way for variety - for varieties sake. All good fun though.

I do prefer it even to Melee though. I always thought the models are naff in melee (though at the time, they were awesome) compared to Brawl onwards. Only liked a few stages in Melee too whereas they seem to be much more confident in stage creation these days. It's difficult though as they all have their own merits. Also: Omega versions of stages SAVES this edition.

As Josh says - playing this on the train/bus/at work is just a fab experience and really feels like a fully-fledged home console experience.

I don't know what I'm going to do with the 3DS version once the Wii U one comes out.

By the way, what characters give you the most trouble (I know this mainly depends on who you choose)? For me it's usually Zelda & Ness.

Ness players all seem to spam P.K Thunder. Charizard players spam Flare Blitz and Pikachu players spam Thunder. Makes you wonder how often that actually works out for them as it makes them easy to counter. Also, how is that fun?

Is there a way to unlock new moves for specific characters? I have plenty of stuff for my Mii but most characters I've gone to customise haven't had many options (or any at all)

Is there a way to unlock new moves for specific characters? I have plenty of stuff for my Mii but most characters I've gone to customise haven't had many options (or any at all)

Try playing more Classic mode. They'll turn up.

You're more likely to get moves for the character you're currently playing as.

Except Palutena and the Mii's. Their moves are all unlocked at the start.

I feel like Players are in two distinct groups when it comes to Smash Run.

Those with local friends and those without.

Smash Run is way better with other people panicking over stuff and sending you unpleasant presents.

Multiplayer Race to the Finish is sheer hilarity.

In Smash Run, I just got "Climb to the top" with Ganondorf. Damn that randomness!

I did win, though.

zlCfzSij36QdDHcJCT

Pic of the day. Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing.

zlCfzSij4yoEknfct9

Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man.

Sakurai on the Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS names

Over the past few days, we’ve covered most of what Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai had to say about the new Wii U and 3DS games in his bi-weekly Famitsu column. One of the few other topics Sakurai discussed was the naming of the two titles.

Sakurai addresses what could be a question some fans have: “Does the word ‘for’ in the title contain the meaning of Smash Bros. 4?” While it doesn’t seem like the naming was intentional, it just so happens that “for” can also be thought of as “4”.

“This time the name of the system was used as a subtitle in order to avoid confusion among consumers,” Sakurai commented. “However, for both systems ‘Smash Bros. for’ is included in the title, so isn’t that nice?”

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-names/

I couldn't stand the faulty circle pad any longer (mostly because it pretty much completely stopped working now), so I decided to fix it the easiest way there was.

So now I have a second 3DS XL.

...Well, I say "the easiest way", but getting my hands on a 3DS XL wasn't too easy, actually. Most stores only had the bundles that came with digital copies of games I already own... After about 4-5 hours of searching through stores, I finally found the one store in town that had one of the old launch SKUs. It was really cheap, though, so it was well worth the time, I'd say.

Just completed the system transfer, so it's time to finally get back to smashing for real again! ...Though this time I'll take care to be even more careful than last time! :)

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - Pub TV MiiFighter (French Ad)

So that's everywhere bar the U.S. that knows how to make a decent Smash ad.

For any 3DS owners interested(tho project M and melee too) - Smash or DI 3 on the 8th November in Surbiton, £3 in advance, £5 on the door for the whole day, extra for tourneys. I'm hoping to go, get wasted, and have a good time. Let me know if any of yous might attend too and I'll make sure we meet up and smash. Not only for competitives, can just go for casuals/friendlies/general lols - seems to be a few folks in a similar boat as myself in terms of skill(or lack thereof).

https://www.facebook.com/events/315328701984554/

(I will hopefully have smash 3ds by then too. I'm also at Meltdown in London for at least the next couple of Wednesday eves where they have a bit of PM and/or Melee smash each week)