NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Well, that's my December game sorted out. Probably will get the one that comes with the Gamecube adapter (as i guess a lot of people will do that as well). May get an Amibo or two, depending on how i feel.
Get a Captain Falcon one. :heh:

:idea:icon3.gif Nintendo are obviously going to be gauging character popularity from the sales of amiibo, so more Captain Falcon sales surely = better chance of a new F-Zero game! :D

I think there's a higher chance of Nintendo going third-party than there is a new F-Zero game :p (so yeah, it's still quite likely HAH)

I'm still dumbfounded by how uncertain the whole Amiibo situation is, it's like Nintendo really have no idea what they're doing with them. Finally, there's a release date for them but we still don't really know what they do and on the video it says "Designs not final"

I also figured out a quick way to unlock the "get 300+ KOs in Smash" challenges. Set up a 99 stock match with three level 1 CPUs, and set the damage ratio to 2. Pick any character with decent launching power (I picked Bowser with an alternate side-B) and start the match. If you keep playing aggressively you can rack up those KOs in about 15 minutes.

WTF, the UK Nintendo site doesn't list Wiimote & Nunchuck as compatible!? THE HELL!?!?

GCN, Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller only!? Really!?

This is bullshit! Are they really pandering to the "hardcore" Melee fanboys so much that they're cutting out my preferred control scheme to make it look more palettable to them!? :mad:

WTF, the UK Nintendo site doesn't list Wiimote & Nunchuck as compatible!? THE HELL!?!?

This is bullshit! Are they really pandering to the "hardcore" Melee fanboys so much that they're cutting out my preferred control scheme to make it look more palettable to them!? :mad:

Send a tweet to Alex Jones, he'll get the message out for you.

Shopto have it all pre-orderable. GCN controller is £22, adapter is £18. Bundle with adapter is £46 and the bundle with Mario amiibo is £48

Where did you see that - can't find it on nintendo.co.uk or the smash site?

If it is true then I might have to get the GCN controller adaptor to be sure of being able to play multiplayer!

I'm gonna look like a pimp with my spice orange controller at events..

Or an awkward bastard if I decide to turn up with my ASCII keyboard

£18 for a fucking adaptor?!?!

Yeh it's not cool but then this is the same company that's still charging €45 at least for a Wii controller all these years later.

Yeah £18 for it solo is too much but surely anyone who wants the adaptor will be buying it with the game in the bundle? ::shrug:

Bundle price it works out at £7 for the adapter, which should mean that it should be sold for no more than £9.99 separately really... maximum. :heh:

They missed a trick at not selling a gamecube controller with the adaptor for £25 being that the controller is £22 on it's own it would have seemed like a reasonable deal, or they could have just made a bundle which includes the game, an adaptor and a controller for £59.99 which would mean that you'd get the adaptor free for buying it all together but apparently that's not how they're going to sell it. :indeed:

Hmm that's a point, I wonder if they are going to honour my pre-order of Super Smash Bros for Wii U plus the Gamecube controller for £50 which I still have? I guess I should pre-order the one with the adapter as well just in case. ;)

Hmmm bundle wise if your loving the Amiibo's I'd say Europe finally loses out to America.

Reports are that Walmart are having a start pack with the game and you get Mario, Pikachu and Link.

Still we have the CD if you own both copies and register them on Nintendo's website.

All in all though I will be getting that adapter the minute it hits the Nintendo store with the Smash GCN controller too.

Also people are going on about the release dates.

I would agree that Nintendo are probably giving breathing room in regards to the 3DS and Wii U versions, but I wonder if it's also because a 3rd party company is also releasing a game very close to that date.

Most people probably have it already for other consoles and PC but Ubisoft's Watch Dogs (Yes there is still a Wii U version to be released if you've all forgotten..lol) is due for release around the same time as Smash Brothers as well.

WiiU (Watch Dogs) WiiU (Smash Brothers)

NA 18 November 2014 NA 21 November 2014

EU 21 November 2014 EU 5 December 2014

JP 4 December 2014 JP 6 December 2014

Also factor in Pokemon too for the 21st November and 28th it becomes rather crowded.

It doesn't list Classic Controllers, but we know they will work with it.

I would agree that Nintendo are probably giving breathing room in regards to the 3DS and Wii U versions, but I wonder if it's also because a 3rd party company is also releasing a game very close to that date.

There's only one 3rd party game worth anything released around then, and I don't think Nintendo would delay Smash Bros just because of Sonic Boom.

Sonic Boom I cant take seriously due to Knuckles design in honesty. However I will be keeping an eye on both versions as it is Sonic after all, being out on the 21st here it has no competition as Pokemon is out a week later. So sales could be quite strong.

However as mentioned Watch Dogs is also out on the 21st. Senior producer Dominic Guay stated that the Gamepad was a natural fit and special care was being taken with the version. Knowing this statement is elaborate for, we need to ship everything else out first for the other versions, i'm not expecting much from the Wii U version, but it still seems that that date Nintendo has given for the 3rd party developers to get some games out before Pokemon and Smash to increase sales for all games.

I've been playing this on and off over the last few days. I really like Smash Run, just wish it was a bit longer. I would love a single player story mode with levels similar to Smash Run, I assume that's what the Subspace Emissary thing was in Brawl?

Noticed that the home menu loads up a lot faster (while Smash Bros. is running) now.

£18 for a fucking adaptor?!?!

I had to scoff at that too. That Nintendo difference. ;D

I'd say £22 GameCube controller with adapter would be reasonable.

It doesn't list Classic Controllers, but we know they will work with it.

Do we? I don't remember that being announced anywhere...

They announced some officially licensed Mario/Yoshi/Peach GameCube-style Classic Controllers:

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIAC80-officially-licensed-wired-gamecube-controller-mario

These were made specifically for Smash, and are even advertised as working with Smash Bros.

I would be tempted but I assume officially licenced is slightly different to just official? Because they look a bit fatter than the official GC controllers. Still, would love them to go with my Wiimotes.

I would be tempted but I assume officially licenced is slightly different to just official? Because they look a bit fatter than the official GC controllers. Still, would love them to go with my Wiimotes.

It's a 3rd party controller, rather than one made by Nintendo.

@Cube - Thanks, thought as much. As nice as they look then, I'll avoid it. I've never had a good experience with third-party controllers.