NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Well, looks like it was the 21st as a lot of us assumed after all!

Shame that's not the same date for Europe, reconfirming that Nintendo are delaying Pokemon for a week for no real reason :P

We all know why it is delayed.

We all know why it is delayed.

Too many stores in Canada sold it a week early? ;)

But yeah, don't feel too bad for waiting a little longer now! I might get the 3DS version in the future, but this is the version I really want.

Too many stores in Canada sold it a week early? ;)

But yeah, don't feel too bad for waiting a little longer now! I might get the 3DS version in the future, but this is the version I really want.

France and Italy sold it almost two weeks early.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & amiibo - Trailer

Already posted.

France and Italy sold it almost two weeks early.

Already posted.

Jeez relax your cacks! I just seen that and was about to delete the post.

The Japanese the lucky $H1T$ are getting a white Gamecube controller for Smash.

jp-gamecube-white.png

Also it's been confirmed that the Gamecube controller adapter is compatible with Wavebirds. I don't see why they wouldn't have been but still good to know.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It's weird how we get the Wii U version 2 weeks after North America (21 November) but we got the 3DS version at the same time. Have they announced any prices? I'm probably gonna get the game with the Gamecube adapter.

QUESTION: Y'know all this 'customise characters!' stuff and all the powers you get - is that literally only for use in Smash Run? I like the idea of changing their powers and some seem cool but...you can't use these 'builds' outside of smash run? What?

You can use them in Classic mode, local and online multiplayer with friends. Just tap the wrench icon on the corner of the touch screen and you can now use your customisations. You can use both equipment and special moves but not powers.

Many of those fights saw me getting KO'd first, but I'd then have a ringside seat to watch Sprout and -Dem0- battle it out for 1st place. :hehe: You guys are insanely skilled at Smash! :bowdown:
Well, -Dem0- and I played Brawl online together quite a bit over the years before the Wii's online services got shut down. There was a lot of good moments back then, and it's nice to see that it's continuing in this game!

youtubefalcon.png

Also...

Sprout's on another level entirely!

Yeah, I do sometimes wonder if he's actually a robot. :heh:

I've never "known" someone to be consistently good at so many games. He unlocked 100% of the secret stuff in TW101, is 1st place in the N-E MK8 League, and seemingly can't be beat at Smash bros...

As if being a jolly nice chap and a fantastic artist isn't enough. :hehe:

Pffft, you guys give me too much credit. We were all usually on our last stock for the most part! And there's definitely games I'm terrible at. Like practically every other fighting game. For example, growing up, I've seen that Ryu bloke from Street Fighter II to Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and to this day I still can't consistently pull off that SHORYUKEN move he has. Back then when I was a kid, I was like, "I can't understand these fighting games! I guess I'm not old enough yet!" But now I'm an adult I think, "I can't understand these fighting games! I guess I'm also not as young as I used to be." =P

Oh, and name a puzzle game with multiplayer, be it Tetris or Dr. Mario or Puzzle League, and I can tell you with certainty that Ine can destroy me at it. I've never beaten her at a puzzle game once, even when I have a handicap on!

And as for the artist comment, I haven't drawn anything in about a year now. I'm not artist, heh.

Anywho, last night was fun and stuff! Those 1-on-1's with -Dem0- felt a fair bit longer than those we had in Brawl, though. Perhaps next time we should stick with 2 stocks for those!

I'm looking forward to this! Not played a Smash Bros since Melee.

I've still got a couple of GC pads actually. I'm able to use these aren't I?

yeah if you get the adapter you can.

For example, growing up, I've seen that Ryu bloke from Street Fighter II to Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and to this day I still can't consistently pull off that SHORYUKEN move he has.

Forwards, down, down-forwards + punch my friend :awesome:

Yes as long as you use the Gamecube controller adapter.

I've seen that Ryu bloke from Street Fighter II to Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and to this day I still can't consistently pull off that SHORYUKEN move he has. Back then when I was a kid, I was like, "I can't understand these fighting games! I guess I'm not old enough yet!" But now I'm an adult I think, "I can't understand these fighting games! I guess I'm also not as young as I used to be." =P

Depends which side you're coming from. I always found it easier to pull off when you're on the left hand side. The same then doing the hurricane kick on the opposite side.

I'm not artist, heh.
*Looks at Avatar/Sig* *Watches GIFs* *Remembers the Draw-a-Day thread*...

Yeah you are, and a very talented one. ;)

Man, those online sessions sound incredible :D. Is there any chance for me to join in one day? Could I just add you to my friend list? I'm usually online every evening/night (as I can't put the game down!), and am itching for some friend battles. I'm located in Norway though, so we should see if there are any lag issues.
Absolutely. Here's my code:

3780-9005-3112

: peace:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will smash onto the scene on 5th December!

10711043_709423345799069_4159374859385705176_n.jpg?oh=b369a34202ddbf49e29faada94150a67&oe=54AA724F

10678793_709423332465737_4933575556021932051_n.jpg?oh=19d7c850d99d0af0c4d2c9bf0a0ea4e0&oe=54AAF392&__gda__=1420625947_7783255f040db3afd34c0df38e600615

The first 12 amiibo figurines launch on November 28. A further six amiibo will launch on December 19.

@Dcubed I believe you need this:

dead_crow_cake_00314185507_std1.225142448_std.jpg

OMG!!

itshappening.gif

:yay::bouncy:

Also, I NEEEEEEED that Captain Falcon amiibo. :awesome:

What a bad way to announce the date. They should have held a Direct for that.

It's disappointing that we don't get it in November as previously thought, although I understand that it's essential for the game to be out before Black November in the US. That must be some of the reasoning behind.

It's coming out before Christmas and people are complaining at how they announced it?

Only on N-Europe. :laughing:

Forwards, down, down-forwards + punch my friend :awesome:
I know how the move is performed, I just can't do it most of the time, haha. But that's fine by me. I don't want to be the best at games, I just want to have a good time with whoever I play with. That's why I don't invest any time in trying to get better, looking up combos or advanced techniques and whatnot. I still have no clue what you folks are talking about when someone mentions fire hopping in Mario Kart 8 for example. And in Brawl, @\-Dem0\- and many others would do this move with Snake where he did a dash attack and then an up smash that made him slide across the stage, which to me is like some form of witchcraft. But I'm not going to go search on the internet and look up what these things are and how to perform them myself if it means that it will give me an advantage over the people I play with. It's sort of a, "I want everybody to win," mentality.

Call it part of my gentleman's code.

Depends which side you're coming from. I always found it easier to pull off when you're on the left hand side. The same then doing the hurricane kick on the opposite side.
When I'm on the right side of the screens in these sort of games, I get even worse, haha. I just get confused because everything has become mirrored. I can handle Smash Bros. a bit better, though, since the move inputs are a lot simpler and the game is more about reading your opponent.

*Looks at Avatar/Sig* *Watches GIFs* *Remembers the Draw-a-Day thread*...

Yeah you are, and a very talented one. ;)

My stuff is so good you've even been using that avatar I gave y-oh wait. =P

It's coming out before Christmas and people are complaining at how they announced it?

Yeah. :P It's just a bit anti-climatic, that's all.

The Direct probably isn't coming for another couple of weeks to give some breathing room from Smash 3DS, they probably just wanted to get the date out earlier than that.

And NeoGAF :p

The Amiibo figures... I guess it's hard to tell right now, but what are peoples thoughts on how hard they'll be to get in a few years time?

I guess the Skylanders / Infinity figures can be picked up easy enough from most shops or online.

But because it's Nintendo, do you think that they'll be harder to get hold of in time?

I want each figure, that goes without saying, but no chance I can get them all really soon, we're talking like perhaps 2 a month.

I just hope that they are produced to still be easy enough to get hold of say this time next year.

@Dcubed I believe you need this:

dead_crow_cake_00314185507_std1.225142448_std.jpg

Not until it's actually out and sitting on my shelf :p

There's still every chance of a last minute delay... After all, I was still right about the Amiibos coming out before the game itself (and if Smash does get the delay, the Amiibos will still come out in time for Xmas regardless, just like I said they would)

Also it wasn't announced in a Direct, but just randomly out of nowhere for no reason, so it's a sign of it being wrong! It's a siiiiigggggnnnnnnn!!!!

ok, so I'm a little excited by the date... just a little :bouncy:

My stuff is so good you've even been using that avatar I gave y-oh wait. =P
Actually it was over the filesize limit, that and I like my current avatar too much. Doesn't mean it ain't good. ;)

Anyway, here's a better look at that awesome Captain Falcon new01.pngamiibonew02.png that will be mine... oh yes:

mJ9AJdZ.png

X4dg6wa.png

:awesome:

The only thing that could possibly make that cooler, would be if he was mid-Falcon Punch. :grin:

Not until it's actually out and sitting on my shelf :p

There's still every chance of a last minute delay... After all, I was still right about the Amiibos coming out before the game itself (and if Smash does get the delay, the Amiibos will still come out in time for Xmas regardless, just like I said they would)

Also it wasn't announced in a Direct, but just randomly out of nowhere for no reason, so it's a sign of it being wrong! It's a siiiiigggggnnnnnnn!!!!

ok, so I'm a little excited by the date... just a little :bouncy:

Jesus Christ, I've never seen so much denial :p

Well, that's my December game sorted out. Probably will get the one that comes with the Gamecube adapter (as i guess a lot of people will do that as well). May get an Amibo or two, depending on how i feel.

I will be getting the GameCube Adapter bundle and the Smash Bros Gamecube Contoller

Jesus Christ, I've never seen so much denial :p

Well when it comes to Smash Bros, if you're gonna knock me off the stage of discussion then I'm gonna do my damndest to get back on and carry on fighting till that timer runs out! :p

BTW: I really hope that they release some new Wavebird controllers as well as the wired ones. I mean, I already have 5 of them, but they're all the boring standard grey colour since they hardly ever released any different coloured Wavebirds (and what little ones were made became stupidly rare!)

Gimme some coloured Wavebirds already!! (and some GCN VC games to make use of them too ;) )

Edited by Dcubed