NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Wii Fit Trainer is inspired and I won't hear a word against her. I wish her Final Smash was more amusing though. I don't know what her B-Down does.

Wii Fit Trainer is inspired and I won't hear a word against her. I wish her Final Smash was more amusing though. I don't know what her B-Down does.

I think it heals you when you time the button press perfectly...not sure, though.

Zero Suit Samus seems to be a nice choice for 1vs1 matches. Still haven't decided who will be my main :(

If online is performing badly for you, stick to 1 on 1 matches. You'll no doubt get much better performance. Same goes for items, turning them off will yield less online lag.

The more players and dynamic elements you add, the worse the online performance is gonna get. Sticking with the simpler stages like Final Destination and all the Omega Form stages will yield better performance too.

If online is performing badly for you, stick to 1 on 1 matches. You'll no doubt get much better performance. Same goes for items, turning them off will yield less online lag.

Pretty much played 1vs1 matches exclusively. And I can only recall one which was at least playable.

Anyway, wasn't expecting a fully functional online mode for the 3DS anyway. But it seriously has to be much, much better for the Wii U version.

Well I've been enjoying this today, particularly home run contest! What's your top score guys?! My first attempt with Fox (the same way I used to do it on Melee) was pretty good I think, but I wanna hear what everyone else's high score is so I know if it's any good or not! :heh:

Also, I just love Ness so much. No other fighter has come close, maybe Megaman who I liked, but no one will ever compare for me! So glad he's included!

What the hell is going on there?
No idea. :hehe:

But it's Nintendo, aye? @Rummy Nintendo is god. :p
What's with the random @Rummy mention? :heh:

Anyway... I'm gonna jump online for a bit now, if anyone's up for some games.

: peace:

What's with the random @Rummy mention? :heh:

That's a secret. :D

I may join you and see if it's any better with you on your godforsaken island :p

Edit: You have to add my friend code, though :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

Pretty much played 1vs1 matches exclusively. And I can only recall one which was at least playable.

Anyway, wasn't expecting a fully functional online mode for the 3DS anyway. But it seriously has to be much, much better for the Wii U version.

Must be something wrong your end, I don't know anyone else having problems 1 v 1. To be honest I barely get them 4 player!

So I wasn't sure of this after playing the demo - my take aways were that the 3DS screen feels too cramped for the action, it's too low res as well, the slide pad is not in the same league as an analogue stick and the shoulder buttons are terrible as ever. BUt on the other hand, it's Super Smash Bros. Which means even after all such compromises inposed by the hardware, which have clearly extended to the game design as well, it's still fun.

So yesterday I was chatting with a mate at work and just went out and grabbed the game on my lunch. And now I've had time to sample more of it's offerings, the above still holds true. It's lots of fun, but I fear it won't get a look in once the main event turns up.

As a guy who's online play is usually spent in a semi competative spirit, sticking to mostly flat stages and no weapons, the stage designs are novelties and curiosities to be experienced but not indulged in. So that they differ in that regard is also of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. I've played a bit of online today in "For Glory" 1 vs 1 and the half the time, there was no noticable lag. Others had it but it was bareable and a couple of fights were very painful for all the wrong reasons.

Hopefully, I'll see some of you good folks online soon.

Must be something wrong your end, I don't know anyone else having problems 1 v 1. To be honest I barely get them 4 player!

Nothing wrong.

Been playing Awesomenauts, Counter Strike and FIFA today. No problems, no lags, nothing ;)

My mate is currently playing Destiny: No problems. He has played Battlefield and FIFA today: No problems.

We both tried Smash (1vs1, 4 player brawl, together and alone)...horrible.

So I wasn't sure of this after playing the demo - my take aways were that the 3DS screen feels too cramped for the action, it's too low res as well, the slide pad is not in the same league as an analogue stick and the shoulder buttons are terrible as ever. BUt on the other hand, it's Super Smash Bros. Which means even after all such compromises inposed by the hardware, which have clearly extended to the game design as well, it's still fun.

So yesterday I was chatting with a mate at work and just went out and grabbed the game on my lunch. And now I've had time to sample more of it's offerings, the above still holds true. It's lots of fun, but I fear it won't get a look in once the main event turns up.

As a guy who's online play is usually spent in a semi competative spirit, sticking to mostly flat stages and no weapons, the stage designs are novelties and curiosities to be experienced but not indulged in. So that they differ in that regard is also of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. I've played a bit of online today in "For Glory" 1 vs 1 and the half the time, there was no noticable lag. Others had it but it was bareable and a couple of fights were very painful for all the wrong reasons.

Hopefully, I'll see some of you good folks online soon.

Even with the stages being supposedly of no consequence to you, the 3DS game does still have the Smash Run mode as an exclusive, as well as unique trophies, music, Streetpass features and possibly some sub modes like Target Blast (which may not end up in the Wii U game - in favour of something else, like the rumoured return of Stage Builder).

So even discounting the unique stages, the 3DS game will still hold value outside of "just" offering portable Smash Bros ;)

I really cannot decide who I like best! I must have played with every character, with only the Mario brothers feeling particularly weak. Loving Dark Pit, Little Mac, Villiager and Bowser. Absolute hurt machines!

The online has performed really well for me, I've had no problems with 'For Glory' and had a slight bit of lag just once on a 4 vs 4 match, on the pikmin stage where the rain comes and the water starts to rush down the slope. Other than that it's been flawless.

I don't like smash run. Like the others have said there needs to be more customisation with it. I feel it's set up much better for some characters than others. Little Mac doesn't have a chance because most of the enemies float above head and I can't get them down on the ground where I want them.

Think as a handheld package, they've done a great job, and hope the online sorts itself out for those of you having issues.

That's a secret. :D
And I'm sure it's fascinating. :heh:

I may join you and see if it's any better with you on your godforsaken island :p

Edit: You have to add my friend code, though :laughing:

Indeed. Will add your code tomorrow (I'm all Smashed out now :grin:). Oh and @Josh64, got your PM, will add you as well. : peace:

Sure you were already on my list, but oh well. :blank:

Just had a fantastic online session with various N-E peeps, was awesome.

@Sprout... Dat Falcon vs Falcon. :love::hug:

I saved so many replays. My SD card might explode. :D

@RedShell my old 3DS broke and I had to start fresh :( StreetPass was the most heartbreaking, but I'm nearly over it now... after like 2 years :p

How do I change my phrases and profile comment in online mode?

Go to Games & More > Options > Internet Options > Profile

Nothing wrong.

Been playing Awesomenauts, Counter Strike and FIFA today. No problems, no lags, nothing ;)

My mate is currently playing Destiny: No problems. He has played Battlefield and FIFA today: No problems.

We both tried Smash (1vs1, 4 player brawl, together and alone)...horrible.

Okay, but no one else has had any problems 1 v 1, most nothing on 3 and 4 only bad for a few. So look at it how you want, but you're on your own getting lag for 2 player... Or maybe it's Germany?

I love how you make out Sony is perfect online, which is just crazy. Maybe true for your experience, but why you feel the need to bring it up aaaaall the time, and also not realising that a lot of people have online problems whatever device they're using is either shockingly naive, or conveniently forgetful.

I've spent most of my time unlocking the characters and stages and completing the challenges (I'm almost done with the second panel). My biggest gripe at the moment has to be the unlock criteria for the characters. I like how considerably easier it is to unlock characters in this game over any other in the series, but I don't understand why nobody on the internet has a reliable, consistent method of unlocking every last one.

On IGN for example, the wiki guide tells me I can unlock Jigglypuff by playing Classic Mode 25 times or playing 120 VS matches. But I was able to unlock it randomly by just playing Classic mode (I think I was on the 6th or 7th go, I wasn't counting). Other websites like the Smash Wikia don't even list beating Classic Mode as a way of unlocking the character, and now I'm at a loss at how to unlock R.O.B. (IGN says I need to beat Classic with 6 unlockable characters, but even that comes with an "unconfirmed" tag next to it). Any help?

Wf8wCEh.jpg

WPCJkge.jpg

mk0JSl2.jpg

rzsDBHZ.jpg

nSx5oKC.jpg

OW4neyT.jpg

kCKxsQZ.jpg

OjziE5w.jpg

3aoC5Pj.jpg

2ATMRiW.jpg

Post yours.

I love how you make out Sony is perfect online, which is just crazy. Maybe true for your experience, but why you feel the need to bring it up aaaaall the time, and also not realising that a lot of people have online problems whatever device they're using is either shockingly naive, or conveniently forgetful.

Although I haven't played it online it sounds just like every other game that has an online component. Some run it and it's as smooth as can be, others have major issues. Just look at us playing FIFA the other night. We were all fine but you kept getting lag. Same with Kav on Destiny. We have no issues but he does.

I'm clearly really tripe at this Smash Bros. Some of the unlockable characters were kicking my butt yesterday. I was certain I wasn't going to be able to add them to the roster as I just couldn't beat them. :D

@arab_freak I unlocked ROB by playing 70 smash matches.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Okay, but no one else has had any problems 1 v 1, most nothing on 3 and 4 only bad for a few. So look at it how you want, but you're on your own getting lag for 2 player... Or maybe it's Germany?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the only game on a Sony platform from that list is FIFA.

Awesomenauts: PC

Counter Strike: PC

Battlefield: PC

Destiny: XBone

So I am not the one who brought up Sony. :indeed:

Also: I know people have issues with games, never said otherwise. I just wanted to show you that the problems with Smash are probably not at my mate's and my end as you suggested.

And which is more probable: The fact that every other game I play with an online component works perfectly fine but Smash doesn't, so it's a problem at my end...

or the fact that every game works fine but Smash doesn't, so it may be a problem at Nintendo's end?

(my mate and I have different internet providers...so probably not their fault)

There seems to be some kind of problem, but as a consumer there's only so much I can try to fix that.

It's great that everything works fine for you and many others, but my mate and I are not the only ones who have issues, and I highly doubt that only people from Germany have issues.

And reading around the net, there are people who have problems 1v1.

It appears you may think I'm only bashing Nintendo, and yes - due to my bad wording - it does seem like it but it wasn't meant to be, sorry about that.

It's just a valid criticism about yet another attempt at online from Nintendo which turns out to be not good enough and I highly doubt they will do anything to change/improve that.

That annoys me.

Happy to be proven wrong.

The rest of the game is good, though. ;)

There was a time when I was interested in the 3DS version. But, the more I think of it, the more I think that it'll just detract from the WiiU version for me. We'll get that, play it in local multiplayer most likely and enjoy that. Might have the occasional online game, but it'll mainly be local. Didn't enjoy the online on Brawl.

Yeah does anyone have any list of how to unlock the characters? I'm missing R.O.B and Bowser Jr and while everyone else was very easy to unlock, they didn't match what I read (in terms of how to unlock).

I think you get Bowser Jr by completing classic mode with Bowser on a high intensity, above 6.0 at least? not sure about ROB, I just got him randomly while working my way through classic mode with every character. I always play on at least 6.0 intensity, higher if it's a character I'm better with.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the only game on a Sony platform from that list is FIFA.

Awesomenauts: PC

Counter Strike: PC

Battlefield: PC

Destiny: XBone

O

So I am not the one who brought up Sony. :indeed:

Also: I know people have issues with games, never said otherwise. I just wanted to show you that the problems with Smash are probably not at my mate's and my end as you suggested.

And which is more probable: The fact that every other game I play with an online component works perfectly fine but Smash doesn't, so it's a problem at my end...

or the fact that every game works fine but Smash doesn't, so it may be a problem at Nintendo's end?

(my mate and I have different internet providers...so probably not their fault)

There seems to be some kind of problem, but as a consumer there's only so much I can try to fix that.

It's great that everything works fine for you and many others, but my mate and I are not the only ones who have issues, and I highly doubt that only people from Germany have issues.

And reading around the net, there are people who have problems 1v1.

It appears you may think I'm only bashing Nintendo, and yes - due to my bad wording - it does seem like it but it wasn't meant to be, sorry about that.

It's just a valid criticism about yet another attempt at online from Nintendo which turns out to be not good enough and I highly doubt they will do anything to change/improve that.

That annoys me.

Happy to be proven wrong.

The rest of the game is good, though. ;)

Haha, touché :) I think it was added with the other examples in other posts (pasb) that made me presume.

Obviously Nintendo aren't grest online, this is a pretty low powered handheld game and most people don't have any problems, I personally think its a huge achievement.

Although I haven't played it online it sounds just like every other game that has an online component. Some run it and it's as smooth as can be, others have major issues. Just look at us playing FIFA the other night. We were all fine but you kept getting lag. Same with Kav on Destiny. We have no issues but he does.

I'm clearly really tripe at this Smash Bros. Some of the unlockable characters were kicking my butt yesterday. I was certain I wasn't going to be able to add them to the roster as I just couldn't beat them. :D

@arab_freak I unlocked ROB by playing 70 smash matches.

It wasn't me getting lag it was esquiel, but ulitamtely aren't we in agreement? That this isn't a Nintendo problem (though they clearly are leagues behind) but all games have their issues?

I've barely unlocked characters, though not specifically trying, just presume playing through I'll do it bit by bit, but there are so many characters Its not like I'm getting bored with what's there.

Pantone else think smash run would be better with a 3 minute time limit? I think this mode will be great in multiplayer, won't bother with it in single player I don't think.

It wasn't me getting lag it was esquiel, but ulitamtely aren't we in agreement? That this isn't a Nintendo problem (though they clearly are leagues behind) but all games have issues

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Some games work fine for some, while others don't.

As for who was getting lag, I swear all of you crackers sound the same! :D should have known it wasn't you as I didn't have a screeching coming down the headset. You really need to find the other one! :)