NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I tried Roaslina briefly when I had a quick go on the game earlier, quite liked her. Didn't even feel like I'd scratched the surface with her either but was managing to play quite well. She feels quite Ness like which I liked. Just need to try and unlock Ness ASAP!

I tried Roaslina briefly when I had a quick go on the game earlier, quite liked her. Didn't even feel like I'd scratched the surface with her either but was managing to play quite well. She feels quite Ness like which I liked. Just need to try and unlock Ness ASAP!

Play 10 Vs games.

I'm having mixed feelings with this ATM, loving it at times but then being frustrated and a bit deflated at others. I haven't played enough to really make a proper judgement though so I'll post more when I've really got to grips with all the characters and the modes.

Of the new characters - Didn't like Rosalina at all, but then I'm not a fan of double ice-climber type characters. I love Little Mac but I'm all over the place with him :p I've punched myself off the stage many times. Robin is awesome. Shulk is decent but I'm trying to figure out what his down B does, also keep getting lost in his dreamy character :love:

Surprising to me is that Pacman is by far my favourite new-comer. I love all of his moves, his level is amazing and I nearly died when I first used his final smash. So good.

So the inevitable question how does the netcode hold up? For me this is huge part of it? Plus are there options for playing randoms?

So the inevitable question how does the netcode hold up? For me this is huge part of it? Plus are there options for playing randoms?

Unless the person has a dodgy connection, it's lagless in two player, decent in three player, and varies wildly for four player.

You can play against random people

Smash spells Defence correctly. Huzzah.

I'm yet to play any decent 4 or 3 player online matches, they've all been a super laggy mess! :shakehead 1 on 1 however, has been pretty much flawless. icon14.gif

Not sure if things will improve for 3-4 player games as time goes on, but I'm sticking to "for glory" mode at the moment.

Yet to try any friend matches though, guessing they might hold up a bit better too.

Speaking of which, if anyone ever spots that I have a game open, feel free to join! : peace:

Slowly getting used to the 'jump' button again.

In other news I've barely encountered any lag, and I'm liking Palutena a lot.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS almost fully sold out in Japan

While the game only sold 109.811 copies in its third week on the market, there is logical reason behind it. Nintendo is struggling to keep up with demand with the title and has been dealing with some hefty stock shortages. According to Media Create, the title could have sold more if that wasn't the case. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS currently sits at 1.37 million copies sold at retail.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/238797-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-almost-fully-sold-out-in-japan

Great stuff, let's hope it sells out everywhere else. It's a nice problem to have for a change. The only thing is, the Wii U sales I believe will suffer heavily.

Lost count of how many times I've just put the 3DS down in the last hour because of a supremely laggy online match. Why is it so hard to get this game to run decently online?

The online in this game is simply terrible. Embarrassingly bad at times. Bloody hell :(

Hold the phone! :hehe: The 4 player online definitely isn't as bad as it seems initially.

I had some amazing 4 player games with @\-Dem0\- last night. Other than a couple of minor hiccups, it was spot-on! :awesome:

That was a lot of fun BTW. :) I'm clearly not very good at this game (especially in 3-4 player matches) but I love it. :D

So yeah, to avoid laggy games, either play 1on1 "for glory" (even 3-4 player for glory seems to run better than "for fun") or play with friends.

The lag only started when my friend from Holland joined but when it was all us UK lads it ran very well. Good games btw, had a great time playing with you all :D

The lag only started when my friend from Holland joined but when it was all us UK lads it ran very well. Good games btw, had a great time playing with you all :D
Ah so the person that joined us (lightning something or other? :hmm:) was your pal? I wondered who that was. :heh:

Also wondered why the game asked me if it was OK for them to join (did the same when -Dem0- joined) as I hadn't setup the game. :wtf:

Hold the phone! :hehe: The 4 player online definitely isn't as bad as it seems initially.

I had some amazing 4 player games with @\-Dem0\- last night. Other than a couple of minor hiccups, it was spot-on! :awesome:

That was a lot of fun BTW. :) I'm clearly not very good at this game (especially in 3-4 player matches) but I love it. :D

So yeah, to avoid laggy games, either play 1on1 "for glory" (even 3-4 player for glory seems to run better than "for fun") or play with friends.

You didn't play with me.... did you?! I tried joining you from friends but it wouldn't let me...

But yeah, in the main I'm having no problems, just occasionally someone will join the group and it'll go to tit, but it doesn't bother me too much, I'm way too rubbish for it to affect my game!

Had some very decent 3 player matches last night, the game can definitely work properly at times. Just gotta get the people combination right.

I suck so bad at the moment, but having a lot of fun. Ike is still the worst possible opponent for me, feels like the bigger, stronger characters excell on the small screen because their attacks have good power and radius while smaller precision characters are a bit harder to find the sweet spot with.

Ness was surprisingly good when I played as him. Baseball bat is satisfying as ever.

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost

The online in this game is simply terrible. Embarrassingly bad at times. Bloody hell :(

It really is...takes away all the fun from the online matches.

I expect lag-free 4 player matches on the Wii U. Anything less than that is embarrassing.

The game itself is good. It's Smash and I love it. Can't wait to play some matches with my mates on the Wii U : peace:

You didn't play with me.... did you?!
I think so. Was that not you, playing as Shulk and then DK (with foo and Joshii) when I joined as Captain Falcon? :blank:

I just joined f00had from the in-game friend list. ::shrug:

I think so. Was that not you, playing as Shulk and then DK (with foo and Joshii) when I joined as Captain Falcon? :blank:

I just joined f00had from the in-game friend list. ::shrug:

Nope! :)

Be good to arrange some games though with people on here, really loving it!

To be honest I'm gobsmacked the game doesn't let you compare with friends. This game seems to have everything... weird omission! I'd play the modes a lot more if I could compare with people, as it is I doubt i will!

Question about Ness:

Cube said you need to play 10 vs matches. Is this online or is it just in Smash mode against a CPU? Anyone know? Cheers

It really is...takes away all the fun from the online matches.

I expect lag-free 4 player matches on the Wii U. Anything less than that is embarrassing.

Not possible. There would be lag, it's impossible for there not to be. The question is the amount, and that depends on each player's connection, and distance.

Question about Ness:

Cube said you need to play 10 vs matches. Is this online or is it just in Smash mode against a CPU? Anyone know? Cheers

Smash against a CPU