NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Nintendo UK Confirms Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS National Championship

Winner gets a Wii U, Smash Bros. for Wii U and a goody bag

Nintendo UK has confirmed that online registration starts on 3rd October and will run until 8th October, with entrants to the following heats needing their own copy of the game and a system. When registering you'll need to pick from one of eight venues for a qualifying heat; these will take place in GAME stores at the following locations on 11-12th October.

• Edinburgh, St James Centre
  • Hull, St Stephens Centre
  • Sheffield, Meadowhall
  • Manchester, Trafford Centre
  • Birmingham, Bullring
  • Stratford, London, Westfield
  • Chelmsford, Exchange way
  • Bristol, Cribbs Causeway

Four from each heat will qualify to make up 32 finalists, with the grand event to crown the UK champion taking place at York Hall in London on 31st October; the winner gets prestige, a Wii U, a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U when it arrives this Winter, and a goody bag. The runner up also gets the game and goody bag, while all that make it to the final will leave with something — probably a Nintendo themed bag with some nice merchandise.

When the time comes on 3rd October you'll be able to register at this official web page, though at the time of writing it's not live.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/nintendo_uk_confirms_super_smash_bros_for_nintendo_3ds_national_championship

This is why we're getting Pokémon a week late.

Europe is rubbish at keeping street dates.

If that really is the reason (which I doubt) then it's such a crap plan, because basically everywhere in mainland Europe will still sell it a week early regardless. :heh: Meaning the majority of Europe are going to get the game when the rest of the world do anyway, and it'll only be the UK that gets it a week late. :indeed:

Super ironic considering how obedient UK retailers are.

Have you tried taking a laxative? :laughing:

Only a snorlaxative

Speaking of which and bringing this back on topic does the game have the pokeball snorlax power up ?

Only a snorlaxative

Speaking of which and bringing this back on topic does the game have the pokeball snorlax power up ?

'Snorlaaaax!'

'Laaaaaaxxxxxxxxx!'

I sure hope so, Snorlax was always one of the best Pokeball Pokemon Powerups. :heh:

Only a snorlaxative

Yes. Although he seems to be smaller and easier to avoid.

I might get the download code from GAME for £31.99 - Anyone done this in the past? I've heard they sometimes send codes early.

Edited by Josh64

I might get the download code from GAME for £31.99 - Anyone done this in the past? I've heard they sometimes send codes early.

I'm doing the same thing. I want it digital, and it's cheaper then buying straight from eShop.

Even if they did send it early, I don't think you would be able to redeem it until the game is out anyway...

A physical copy from ShopTo is only £31.85 for the sake of comparison, also I bet they get it to you quicker than Game will with that download code. :heh:

However if you are wanting to go purely digital on all your games then I can understand if it is cheaper than the eShop directly at least.

I should have mine and my brother's copy of the game by tomorrow morning with any luck. : peace:

Even if you get the code early, surely you won't be able to download it until it is available on the eshop...

A physical copy from ShopTo is only £31.85 for the sake of comparison, also I bet they get it to you quicker than Game will with that download code. :heh:

However if you are wanting to go purely digital on all your games then I can understand if it is cheaper than the eShop directly at least.

I should have mine and my brother's copy of the game by tomorrow morning with any luck. : peace:

I'm so torn! I really want a physical copy just because, but then lately I've been downloading games straight to my 3ds because in this day and age it seems crazy to be swapping cartridges in a portable device!

I'm pretty sure my mind is made up on the digital copy now :p for that reason and because I can't risk not getting it Friday from shop to! (don't know how quick theyd be)

And about the eShop and early code, I have no idea, I've never pre-ordered before (apart from Twilight princess years ago that went terribly wrong) but I think it's a possibility you could download it as soon as you get the code as review copies come as downloads. I dunno, will have to wait and see

And about the eShop and early code, I have no idea, I've never pre-ordered before (apart from Twilight princess years ago that went terribly wrong) but I think it's a possibility you could download it as soon as you get the code as review copies come as downloads. I dunno, will have to wait and see

The codes are usually not activated until the game is properly put on the eShop.

Why Zelda and Sheik Are Different Characters In Super Smash Bros. For 3DS

Unlike the past installments of the series in Melee and Brawl, Zelda and Sheik are their own characters in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, rather than players being able to transform between the two. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, director Masahiro Sakurai explained why this is the case.

“It’s basically due to the 3DS’ limitations,”
said Sakurai, when asked why Zelda and Sheik, and Samus and Zerosuit Samus, are different characters.
“It was impossible to have both characters exist together [as one] on 3DS.”

He continued,
“However, reaching that limit can sometimes lead in good directions. Transforming characters had the drawback of ambiguous tactics and such, and I believe that they have become more fresh now.”

When asked about why Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will be compatible with the the New Nintnedo 3DS’ C-Stick but not the regular 3DS’ Circle Pad Pro, he explained that this was due to CPU limitations on the 3DS, but with the higher capabilities on the New Nintendo 3DS, it isn’t an issue.

One fan provided feedback, saying that their connection has been pretty laggy during online fights in Japan.

“It varies according to your connection,”
responded Sakurai.
“When the controls lag, to put it simply, it’s an issue with the connecttion speed. If you notice it lagging at all times, then there’s a high chance that there’s a problem with your connection.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01/zelda-sheik-different-characters-super-smash-bros-3ds/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Damn you 3DS, damn you to Hell! Wii U again has to suffer because of your limitations. Seriously though I don't know how I feel about it. Zelda and Shiek were a good combo but turning into Zero Suit Samus after using a Smash ball and then being stuck in that form wasn't good. And I guess now each version of the characters are more fleshed out.

I have. You'll get the code a day early, but it won't work until the eShop updates at exactly 23:00 GMT on Thursday (it's always perfectly punctual, on the dot).

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01/zelda-sheik-different-characters-super-smash-bros-3ds/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Damn you 3DS, damn you to Hell! Wii U again has to suffer because of your limitations. Seriously though I don't know how I feel about it. Zelda and Shiek were a good combo but turning into Zero Suit Samus after using a Smash ball and then being stuck in that form wasn't good. And I guess now each version of the characters are more fleshed out.

We've known about that for ages and as far as I'm concerned, it's a change for the better. Each character gets more fleshed out and there are no loading times for when the characters are swapped out (which could get extremely bad in Brawl - really, Brawl's loading times were terrible across the board, but it was even worse when swapping characters because the load times could vary wildly; making it very difficult to judge exactly when you'll actually finish switching - often even leading to deaths as you plummet off screen before switching in time!)

Edited by Dcubed

I don't know if we knew that exactly. We knew why certain characters didn't come back alright because the 3DS was too weak but the reasoning for separate characters is news to me.

They send the codes early but you can't activate them until about mid day of the games release.

When GAME first started doing download codes, this wasn't the case. I got sent one for Animal Crossing about 3 days early and it activated on the eShop straight away. I guess loads of people complained and it got changed. :blank:

I'm so torn! I really want a physical copy just because, but then lately I've been downloading games straight to my 3ds because in this day and age it seems crazy to be swapping cartridges in a portable device!

cnema.jpg

zlCfzSgDckYKXVTn4o

Pic of the day. This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable.

And a fun game it is too. I remember going out of my way to max out the score counter in the GBA version that was included in Wario Ware MM :)

WarioWare_MM_microgame_Sheriff.png

*Casually awaits postman...

Oh hell who am I kiddin?! I'm sat here on the stairs wide eyed staring at the letter box rocking back and forth!

Come oooonn Smash Bros!

Oh hell who am I kiddin?! I'm sat here on the stairs wide eyed staring at the letter box rocking back and forth!

Come oooonn Smash Bros!

scott-pilgrim-wednesday.jpg

Looks like I'm getting mine tomorrow. Blessing in disguise really, lot of crap going on at the moment. I probably won't be able to play until the weekend.

Come oooonn Smash Bros!

scott-pilgrim-wednesday.jpg

Looks like I'm getting mine tomorrow. Blessing in disguise really, lot of crap going on at the moment. I probably won't be able to play until the weekend.

'Oh the post has been and gone

I'm left wondering what's going on

More junk mail than we can manage

But not a single package!

Something must have gone so wrong

The rest of the post will soon come along

I can't understand it, I'm really irate

It's never like ShopTo to ever be 'late'

But oh the post has been and gone

So I am left reciting this song

And wondering just what it is I've done wrong'

If anyone needs me I'll be by the letterbox. :(