NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

There are plenty of people who have no idea what they're doing but still enjoy Smash.

*raises hand*

I appreciate and enjoy watching the experts but when I play it's all about button mashing, grabbing items and just trying to stay alive. :D

Not to put a downer on things but I wasn't that impressed with the demo. I don't have a 3DS XL and found things a little hard to follow on the screen. I also wasn't happy with the control setup. Shame there was no option to change it in the demo.

The Wii U version may be coming out on November 21st.

[TWEET]510572354624557056[/TWEET]

That date has appeared again, this time on one of Nintendo's sites:

rFrkapMl.jpg

@Dcubed, changing your prediction yet? :hehe:

I'm pretty bad with Peach lol my favourite characters are really powerful ones like DK, Bowser and Ganondorf. I love fast ones too like Captain Falcon and Sonic.

See? Everybody has their own preferences when playing Smash. I am personally good with the faster ones dealing less damage, it depends. My main in Melee was Roy, in Brawl, it was more of a mix of Falco, Wario, Yoshi, Luigi and Squirtle and Ivysaur (I suck with Charizard)..

Edited by hebilea

Now I haven't played a smash bros game since the N64, so there's a whole lot of new in there and a great big lack of.... Instructions. How the heck do I administer a final smash? I know you have to catch that ball that floats around the screen somehow but apart from that, I'm clueless! Any help?

When do catch the Smash Ball and are ready to go, just press B :)

rFrkapMl.jpg

Nope! Sticking to my guns until the bitter end!! No matter how moronic it may look ;)

It's more likely to be the date when they announce the release date than the actual release date :p

rFrkapMl.jpg

To be honest, I still don't buy it. I am rather waiting for the eShop to announce the real date it will be available in Europe (unless I missed it). No way I let my hopes up for a random store that tells the date before eShop/Nintendo does.

you can never see that side of the game and have a blast

This...was badly phrased :heh: But I think the point is clear enough.

Now I haven't played a smash bros game since the N64, so there's a whole lot of new in there and a great big lack of.... Instructions. How the heck do I administer a final smash? I know you have to catch that ball that floats around the screen somehow but apart from that, I'm clueless! Any help?

Step 1: Hit the ball until it breaks (whoever deals the finishing blow gets it)

Step 2: Press B (Neutral) to use the Final Smash

I see! That's interesting that Nintendo games are being released in Portuguese, I remember old games like Crash Bandicoot being in all kinds of European languages (I think Portuguese was part of it too if I remmeber right). As a kid, I dreamt having a game in my language, but that will never happen :D

(Video games taught me English somehow, so I am grateful for that!)

I think PS1 was the first-ever console that had games in Portuguese, but only a few (and the PS2, even less). As of now, we even saw dubbed games like Heavy Rain and God of War 3 (the Brazillians were so jealous of that :heh:). Never stop dreaming, is what I say :)

(Video games also helped me learn English. Go us!:grin:)

Oh, thank you for the recommendations! I have to check out all of these eventually. I can imagine sales being the hot cakes sometimes, I am myself a merchandise collector as well, and who wouldn't want games for a cheaper price?

That would be nice as well, I love anything new, but nostalgia is a nice thing to add as well :D

Oh, the boards where you buy&sell games are fine, actually. It's the industry sales figures ("The Wii U has only sold X units!") and such that get weird :heh:

rFrkapMl.jpg

Isn't that when Watch Dogs gets released? :D

To be honest, I still don't buy it. I am rather waiting for the eShop to announce the real date it will be available in Europe (unless I missed it). No way I let my hopes up for a random store that tells the date before eShop/Nintendo does.
This image isn't from a random store though, it's from an official Nintendo website.

Isn't that when Watch Dogs gets released? :D
What the hell is that? :heh:

I love the demo. I love even more the fact I had an email in my junk box with the download code for two days before I even realised!

Regarding the frame rate, this absolutely pickles all over game freaks effort with pokemon (great games also) but I have noticed this might be due to the fact that the 3DS does nothing but focus on running the game. Have you noticed how long it takes to return to the home menu after closing the demo?

If you wait on the title screen for a bit without pressing any buttons then the game will start playing a tutorial video, it's worth a watch.

This image isn't from a random store though, it's from an official Nintendo website.

What the hell is that? :heh:

My bad then, I still am waiting whether this is true. It happens that Nintendo changes the release dates as well, so time will tell.

The same day as Pokémon launches worldwide except for Europe? I have no idea if I should believe that date..

The same day as Pokémon launches worldwide except for Europe? I have no idea if I should believe that date..

It actually makes it more believable. The 21st is the Friday before Black Friday. On the equivalent date last year (22nd November), Nintendo released both A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World (and Mario Party, but that isn't important).

We got A Link Between Worlds on the 22nd, but Super Mario 3D World a week later. NoA and NoE have different opinions on releasing games on the same date.

Pokémon was almost certainly delayed because Smash Bros is out on the 21st.

If you wait on the title screen for a bit without pressing any buttons then the game will start playing a tutorial video, it's worth a watch.

If you let the attract video loop a few times, you'll get to see a glimpse of some of the stages that aren't playable in the demo too ;)

*raises hand*

I appreciate and enjoy watching the experts but when I play it's all about button mashing, grabbing items and just trying to stay alive. :D

Not to put a downer on things but I wasn't that impressed with the demo. I don't have a 3DS XL and found things a little hard to follow on the screen. I also wasn't happy with the control setup. Shame there was no option to change it in the demo.

I'm the same, not an expert at all, love the madness of it.

Only difference is I've been loving the 3ds version and had no problems keeping up. Though I have an XL.

I was very dubious about Smash on the 3DS. But @londragon was kind enough to begift me a code and I was pleasantly surprised. I had no troubles keeping my eye on what was going on, even on an old original 3DS and, yes, the controls were odd - mainly the L and R fiasco. But bar that control hiccup I found myself having fun.

Saying that though it all felt a bit too similar, but it was just a demo with few characters and one stage. The new items were fun, especially figuring out what they did.

I haven't pre-ordered yet and don't have the money to do so. But, if I have the money I'll pick it up in stores come release day. Even though my 3DS screen is slightly cracked and it upsets me every time I open it.

Smash WiiU is a no-brainer for me.

Sakurai addresses Ice Climbers’ absence in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS and more in new Famitsu column

In this week’s issue of Famitsu, Masahiro Sakurai published his latest bi-weekly column. The Smash Bros. director goes into a number of topics in his piece.

First, regarding the roster, Sakurai mentioned that even though many characters are included, there are some who worry about those who didn’t make the cut. He specifically addresses the absence of the Ice Climbers as well. It seems they were running in the Wii U version, but due to the required hardware power, the team couldn’t make them work in the 3DS game. There wasn’t as high a priority given to series that are unlikely to have another installment at this time.

On the topic of different release dates for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS, Sakurai mentions that this was for debugging, which was necessary to avoid there being considerable differences between the two versions. If both games*had a*shared release date, a launch in 2015 may have occurred.

Finally, Sakurai shared a tidbit about the trophies in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 3DS. Akihiro Toda – known for the texts in the Mother series – wrote the descriptions.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-addresses-ice-climbers-absence-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/

This confirms the rumours. I'm sick of complaining, it gets nowhere so ..... but I will say if you don't promote something or release a new game for said franchise in 20 years, of course the characters won't be instantaneously recognisable or even remotely so. And us Wii U owners have to suffer to accommodate our weaker 3DS brethren.

Well yeah, he said as much many months ago, so what's the surprise here?

Ice Climbers getting cut would've made room for them to work on someone else. Everybody pissing and crying over the loss of Ice Climbers doesn't realise that the time saved on including them meant that they could add other content into the game instead.

Why spend so much time on a character that you can't get working on 3DS in the way that you want instead of just working on something else?

There's a good chance that Duck Hunt was included because of the time they saved in working on Ice Climbers for instance...

zlCfzSc1BdAGrlxJDu

Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn.

Well yeah, he said as much many months ago, so what's the surprise here?

Ice Climbers getting cut would've made room for them to work on someone else. Everybody pissing and crying over the loss of Ice Climbers doesn't realise that the time saved on including them meant that they could add other content into the game instead.

Why spend so much time on a character that you can't get working on 3DS in the way that you want instead of just working on something else?

There's a good chance that Duck Hunt was included because of the time they saved in working on Ice Climbers for instance...

I can see why people are up in arms though, especially if they main the Ice Climbers. They've essentially been cut due to the 3DS version. Had the game stayed a console exclusive then they may have remained. It's a hard pill to swallow for those who have no interest in the handheld version of the game.

I find it weird that there are no exclusive characters to each version. It would have made buying both far more appealing to me.

I can see why people are up in arms though, especially if they main the Ice Climbers. They've essentially been cut due to the 3DS version. Had the game stayed a console exclusive then they may have remained. It's a hard pill to swallow for those who have no interest in the handheld version of the game.

I find it weird that there are no exclusive characters to each version. It would have made buying both far more appealing to me.

It would screw up the cross compatibility thing they've got going, with customisable characters and Amiibo that can be levelled up across both games.

If Ice Climbers had remained, someone else would've likely have gotten the boot (probably Duck Hunt).

It would screw up the cross compatibility thing they've got going, with customisable characters and Amiibo that can be levelled up across both games.

If Ice Climbers had remained, someone else would've likely have gotten the boot (probably Duck Hunt).

For me, having a exclusive characters is more important and appealing than the Amiibo thing, which doesn't even seem to be that substantial.

I'm still hoping there is some sort of surprise with the Wii U version and Amiibo stuff because as it stands all pretty meh.

Can the Dog&Duck get separated? I thought Rosalina would be the IC-esque character.